Volkswagen's

TuffGuy

im buying a car in the near future.. i love VW and i can get a 98 jetta for 4000$ CAD with 144 000kms.. also a 97 golf with 195 000kms for 2500$ CAD

now see people who have had volks either love them to death or hate the fuck outta them.. i have also heard they have mad electrical problems.. anyway.. what do you guys think?

also, this is my first car.. and i dont really give a fuck what i push.. as long as it doesnt break ever 5 miniuts..and i want a car thats 4 cylinders cause i want it to be cheap on gas.. anyone know anything about hyundai's.. none of my friends can give me a straight answer about them other than "if you buy that your a fag" but i see a deal on a 98 elantra with 196 000kms for 1150$cad.

help out a person who doesnt know shit about cars

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VW's are pretty much for enthusiasts (including myself)

I regularly drive a 00 GLS, for the past year or so and it has had only one major problem (burning oil faster), other than that everything has been taken care of with warranty

I wouldn't really suggest buying anything other than the TDI though, those things are the shit.

I have a 2001 golf, I've had it for 3 1/2 years and put 82k miles on it. Other than the standard shit (tires, brakes, and an unusually high number of various lights) The only thing I've had to replace were some tie rod ends, a mass air flow sensor, and a brake light switch. Right now my turn signals are fucked up, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Not too bad considering I beat the shit out of it.

I don't have a VW but I got it's older cooler brother the Audi, and dude I LOVE IT.Get 1.8 treat it right,race suckas buy mad oil and be young. I've had a Hyundi and they're cheap to fix and they won't die, the body will fall off before the engine goes..........BUT after 250k things got shitty, the guy I sold my SCOUP too has pretty much replaced everything but the gas tank but he got my headaches.

It's all in how you drive it and the way you take care of it....and the way it was treated before........

passat you suckers. And ive seen 10 of johnnys boys trying to fold that nigga up to get him in the ride. whne your 7 foot tall and pushing 360 the gti isnt the whip for you. Passat suckers. I can whip on the highway while i carry the entire fam to and from church. And believe my chruch is 40 miles from home. funking sundays are all about the wife being thankfull for safe arrival and praying for traffic on the way home. But god blesses heavy er week.

no mods yet. but whne i gets my dissability check i will get some Kmart spinners. hawt rocking.

you might want to read HAUNTS thread about his car experience. granted his shit was a bucket, but the leason is, dont try to get a cheap car and expect it to be the shit. get it checked out and dont make rushed decisions.

not saying its a bad brand by anymeans, but you get what im saying...

yeah, i found myself a 86 jetta coupe, pretty rare actually. I used to have a 1990 gli 16v, loved it, brother wrecked it. I love vw's and probably will get another soon. I would suggest a newer one though just cuz old cars suck if you need a reliable car, which i guess i do. Good luck on it though...

Meh sorry im not a fan of volkwagons but i do like the speedometers on the jettas and caprios, you know what im talking about? in the dark the speedometers look like black lights, which i think is a cool thing to come with such a affordable car... MUSTANG FOREVER!

oh and if you havent bought a car yet, id go for a 00 mustang because they are tight, or a Horse, more specificly a mustang horse.. yehaa!

I'm totally DONE with VW's. I was so psyched to get an mk2 jetta...the thing was such a piece of shit and broke constantly for the 2 years I had it. I bought that car with the intentions of making it a nice solid mk2 with big bumper conversions and debadging and smoothing everything, dropping it, and doing some light engine work....maybe even swapping in a g60 if i ever came across one. But the thing just never stopped being a piece of shit. And everyone else I've ever talked to has said the same thing, they never completely die, but they'll keep breaking forever. I just dont have that kind of money to throw away into shit anymore. I'm much happier with my gas and go Mazda now. G'day.

The only car I ever want to get "enthusiastic" over again will be either an M3 or M5. Someone give me one.

Originally posted by johnny@Jan 8 2005, 09:52 PM

you should bust the flic that shows those steelies being cut up to make them wider for the rears. shit's mad jdm...

haha, i dont have any pics of the inprogress.

tyler durden,

i would have been a honda kid before my vw's,

but tuning a japanese car, altho painless and cheap.

it would disappear the second i turn my back...

thieves suck.