Viper's Idea Exchange-Check it

Viper625

Only post if you are at least an intermediate writer(Understands basic lettering)

Ideas for Effects Backgrounds. Possibly leading to letter structure.

This goal of this thread is to get new ideas, get out of your comfort zone and discover new styles. Most writers find a

style they are comfortable with and stick with it. Boring.

So any styles, effects, "ideas" in this thread can be used by anyone, I encourage it. If you use something please post

up the work. Good or not, practice and it will eventually look great.

If you see a picture that can be used in a piece POST IT(Check examples first). It may give someone else inspiration.

***Effects-You can use one throught the piece or one for each letter. To be used on top of the sketch.

Broken glass

100_5116-1.jpg

broken-glass.jpg

DSCN5310.jpg

Reflections

0018-0411-2620-1152_exit_sign_water_reflections_photo_photos.jpg

100_5075-1.jpg

Water-Wave-Painting4-550x440.jpg

You can have a piece in basicly any liquid(Paint, water, etc)

Waves

remove-paint-spilled-swimming-pool-800x800.jpg

DSCN5308.jpg

Similar to the Reflection but I like to think of this effect as the letter dissipating to maybe-a different style/color combo,

or character, whatever.

Drips(A)

100_3665.jpg

100_4601.jpg

counter_candles1.gif

100_2699.jpg

You guys know how to do this.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metalic

100_4355-1.jpg

DSCN0042.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

Holes(Caves, tears, etc)

100_4979.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

Bottom of "E"

Skeleton(Somehow I liked using this for the S)

This style is like the outline thickens and also has shapes in it while the fill does it's own thing.

100_4171.jpg

100_3882.jpg

100_4263.jpg

100_4848.jpg

100_2933.jpg

100_2700.jpg

100_2860.jpg

Prism

DSCN0039.jpg

^^^^Check reflections too, Triangular shades of color.

***Backgrounds/Design around the piece-Great thing here is that the design can go through the piece and change things

910663-xs.jpg

329.jpg

Retro_Wallpaper__pack_by_IcyAero.jpg

vector-modern-retro-background-prevpack2-by-dragonart.jpg

Background idea used within the piece.

DSCN5306.jpg

Peep the beam of blue from the "E" that changes to green halfway.

DSCN0039.jpg

^^Idea-The stripes that are below the upper part of the "P" can continue through the "E" by changing the colors of the

stripes. Kind of a optical illusion.

General stuff I don't want to catagorize

Auspicious_coloured_by_huanyuu.jpg

luna_couple_by_huanyuu-d2y9rhy.jpg

^^Crazy flow here

100_2585.jpg

100_4382.jpg

100_3952.jpg

100_1912.jpg

100_2747.jpg

So now my question is, what else is there? What do you guys like to use? I know I'm am leaving some stuff out.

I will try to update and repond as often as I can.

Here are some of my links-Deviant Art- http://viper627.deviantart.com/

Youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/j6250?feature=mhum

Ebay- http://shop.ebay.com/jonjon6250/m.html_trksid=p4340.l2562

Photobuckethttp://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa75/j6250/Graff/

Frosted(That is how I think of it) I've only done it once so far

DSCN0039-1.jpg

The upper part OR lower part is iced over like an iceburg. I have a sketch that is a better example but I don't want to flick it, upload, then post. I'm lazy right now.

I plan to create a piece where the letters are windows to an aquarium. Then I'll have people walking in front. inspired by this pic

aquarium_by_apheliotrope.jpg

^^Def Agreed.

Here is another technique to mix things up-Separate the piece into three strips and make each strip a different color combo or style. I tried to explain the metallic effect for you Phenom but with markers it's a different technique, it's more about blending.

IMG_0108.jpg

Tesk should be in here with the metallic letters.

Another good place for ideas for fill is in rain drops. You can also place them on top of pieces to give it extra depth.

RAIN-DROPS-CROPPED-angledcopy.jpg

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1C1SNNT_enUS361US362&q=raindrops&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1639&bih=771

Hey Viper

wouldn't it be better to come up with ideas that aren't being done all over the shop like the reflections/broken glass thing/ flare / diamond/ galactic background thing?

I'm not dissing your sketches or your canvases but this stuff is starting to be done ad nauseum (msk, Does and Chas, askew, GBAK, etc etc).

Have you painted any of this on walls? would love to see the results.

Also looking at your comment about three strips in different styles It used to be said that combining different styles in your piece was a big sign of no style at all all. I still think that holds true.

how about some effects that don't rely on 100 colours and numerous times going over and over the same spot? how would any of those effects look in black and white?

It's a great Idea for a thread but think the examples you've cited as "breaking the mould" aren't really breaking the mould.

deccy's example was a good though

In saying that I don't really have to much to offer besides food for thought

I know you said only writers of a certain skill level post(it also showed up on my DA account cuz I'm watching you lol) but I have to agree with schnitzel on a few of those(especially the black and white aspect).

Also I don't know if it's categorized with the rips/tears and caves but like holes, holes in the wall, I've seen it on a few SDK vids on the tube lol but I haven't seen it THAT much anywhere else.(Also sorry no pic to explain further, you wouldn't want to see my toy shit lol)

Hey Schnitzel,

I'm usually not a dick but hey, w/e.

Everyone does things differently. Graffiti is an artists interpretation of letters. Ideas will translate to different results.

This thread was created to post up effects(And later letter ideas) for artists that are just starting out and above. A place where we can share ideas and get others to explore other peoples thoughts. Like it or not you are apart of this artists community. No need to bash.

Ideas that have been posted have been posted(Duh) So the only thing to do would be to post new stuff. Who knows where this thread will go.

The three strip idea is just an idea. It states"Ha, I have more styles than ONE". A great feat for any writer.

These "Effects" can be sketched in black and white(C'mon!) I will do one just for you. Message me what you write.

This thread started with nothing but positivity, so don't post unless you have something to contribute. This forum is worldwide, there should be tons of ideas floating around here.

Lets keep this thread going strong guys~