1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

'Violent' Drawings Lead to Felony Charges

Discussion in 'News' started by !@#$%, Jan 26, 2005.

1. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

'Violent' Drawings Lead to Felony Charges

Discussion started by !@#$% - Jan 26, 2005

Violent Drawings Lead to Felony Charges

Wed Jan 26,11:26 AM ET U.S. National - AP

OCALA, Fla. - Two boys were arrested for making pencil-and-crayon stick figure drawings depicting a 10-year-old classmate being stabbed and hung, police said. The children, charged with a felony, were taken from school in handcuffs.

The 9- and 10-year-old boys were arrested Monday and charged with making a written threat to kill or harm another person. They were also suspended from school.

One drawing showed the two boys standing on either side of the other boy and "holding knives pointed through" his body, according to a police report. The figures were identified by written names or initials.

Another drawing showed a stick figure hanging, tears falling from his eyes, with two other stick figures standing below him. Other pieces of scrap paper listed misspelled profanities and the initials of the boy who was allegedly threatened.

The boys' parents said they thought the children should be punished by the school and families, not the legal system.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...violent_drawing

!@#$% - Rank: Moderator Crew - Messages:
  2. casekonly

casekonly 12oz Veteran Member

casekonly - Replied Jan 26, 2005

interesting. in other places these children would've been repremanded by the school/parents...most likely not via police enforcement.

so, did they violate discrimination laws? how is this legal exactly?
    the most important question: how is it helpful to these children?

casekonly - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  3. SteveAustin

SteveAustin 12oz Veteran Member

SteveAustin - Replied Jan 26, 2005

thats fucking rediculous.

is anyone looking into or even considering WHY they made those drawings?

led them away in handcuffs?

quite the society we live in, huh?

SteveAustin - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  4. ledzep

ledzep 12oz Junior Member

ledzep - Replied Jan 26, 2005

what no pictures of the drawings?

That reminds me, this dude in my econ class once told me that in his old school there was this Indian guy who was an incredible debater, he would come up with an answer for anything. Anywho, one day in a debate the oppsosing team members are being real asses saying insulting racial comments and such. After the debate is over the Indian guy is pissed off so he writes on a piece of paper something along the lines of "whatever, once we can, India will kill these assholes with our nuclear weapons" just to vent. As he walks out he tosses the paper into the garbage bin.
    Well the assholes on the other team take the piece of paper and show it to the principle, and the Indian guy gets his parents called over, he's expelled and is sent to a psychiatrist, not to mention recieveing a massive blow to his reputation.

ledzep - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  5. Mr. Chad

Mr. Chad 12oz Member

Mr. Chad - Replied Jan 26, 2005

man thats fucking gay me and my freinds always used to make these drawings depicting violence in elementary school and im sure lots of little kids have draw shit like that

Mr. Chad - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  6. KYU

KYU 12oz Member

KYU - Replied Jan 26, 2005

when i was in 4th grade i wrote a bad word on a piece of paper and somehow it ended up on the ground. long story short i got a behavior report. fuckin sucked

KYU - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  7. fermentor666

fermentor666 12oz Veteran Member

fermentor666 - Replied Jan 26, 2005

I bet he was an arab.

fermentor666 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  8. KYU

KYU 12oz Member

KYU - Replied Jan 26, 2005

or the other two kids were arabs

KYU - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  9. villain

villain 12oz Veteran Member

villain - Replied Jan 26, 2005

Sounds like the classical Plato's republic. Take the children away from the parents.... raise them by the state, enter them in the military.

villain - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  10. robJ

robJ 12oz Member

robJ - Replied Jan 26, 2005

thats bullshit, I'm glad they didn't shit like that when I was 10. I be a lifer

robJ - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  11. vyper-

vyper- New Jack

vyper- - Replied Jan 27, 2005

i used to love drawing pictures of death and destruction and im not that bad.

well, i havent invaded any countries yet and killed lots of people (or anyone)

vyper- - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  12. ledzep

ledzep 12oz Junior Member

ledzep - Replied Jan 27, 2005

ledzep - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  13. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

!@#$% - Replied Jan 27, 2005

i think the vast majority of people have drawn stuff about or relating to their FANTASIES.

there is something seriously going wrong in this country when the artwork of elementary school students is being censored and censured.

what is happening to the first ammendment in this country?
    starting with the patriot act, then the "protest zone" at the DNC.
    now this.
    what next?

what about america is even worth fighting for anymore?
    how can we proclaim freedom when our own definitions of freedom are being rewritten.
    what price are we willing to pay to live in a society that we deem is politically correct?

!@#$% - Rank: Moderator Crew - Messages:
  14. Pearlpaint

Pearlpaint 12oz Junior Member

Pearlpaint - Replied Jan 27, 2005

That's too funny...quite unbelievable too.

Pearlpaint - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  15. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

mental invalid - Replied Jan 27, 2005

settledown....this wasnt a drawing of a boy slaying a dragon, this was a violent drawing done about a fellow classmate...now granted i think it would they would have been better off notifying parents, but we live in an age where its not surprising when a 10 year brings a gun to school...

these children are not being censored because of the violent drawing but rather because of the suggestion that the drawing makes...what if they planned on passing it to the kid? what if they were bullying the poor kid...what if they had plans to actually carry out what they were drawing...

to make such distressful cries of "is america worth fighting for" or claim this as a breach of first ammendment is wrong...you cant threaten someone and take cover under the first ammendment...

to try and make a strech comparison of the to bullshit that went down at the conventions or the regression of the patriot act is also crazy...after all there was no political message censored it was a violent drawing of what kids would do to another child...

this is not a question of being politically correct, rather this is a case of law enforcement going overboard, but erroring on the side of caution, and im sure once this goes to court all of it will be dismissed...

and you wouldnt think it was a travesty of demcracy if it was your kid being threatened...

mental invalid - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages: