Videos Aren't The Truth...

Unregistered

I was just thinking about how these days, it seems like the most accessable forms of music have become forms of television. I feel like a lot of the stuff you see on mtv, etc. is taking away from the creative excitement you get when you hear -- and only hear -- a song for the first time. The image you first get when you see a video is someone else's idea of what the core musicians had in mind when they wrote the music. I don't know ... it sucks.

Maybe this is why you'll see an "underground music" thread on a graffiti message board.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I like videos that go along with the song... and actually fuckin match the song. I hate that shit like "Big Pimpin" Jay-Z bull... why the fuck do I wanna see some big lipped mutha fucka dnacin round in a Hawaiin shirt with a buncha hoes, nah whut I mean? When cats get creative and do something never before done... thats when im impressed wit a video. I mean, look at Michael Jackson... it did things that were'nt yet done, and to this day he has almost every fan he did then... because he was unique! Just check the thriller video... that was the first video to ever do somethin on that level... just my O.P.

Wun

Originally posted by seeking innocence

thankfully, hopesfall, clutch and danzig dont have videos, so i can sit here and come up with my own head smashing scenarios...

yeah for metal.

danzig - glen danzig writes songs, at least his new ones, on concepts his given from movies he's seen. how fucking weak is that?! blackacidevil was a damn good album... but the fact that most of it was based on shit like the shining and pumpkinhead makes me kinda upset about his whole creative process.

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

there's 2 sides to the coin though. there are some videos that make a song that much better. eg- aphex twin's come to daddy. anyone who's seen this video knows what i mean.

hell yeah! that and 'come to daddy' both graet videos as well as that squarepusher on with the little girl in the hospital, oh and roots manuva 'witness one hope' that is hilarious

Yeah there's definitely some good videos that have been made, although not many. There's a couple of U2 videos I love ... Old Van Halen videos ... Spike Jonze use to do cool shit (anyone remember the 'Wax' video with the guy running down the street on fire?). Early 90's hip hop videos filmed in city streets and basketball courts were dope. The last video I saw that wasn't complete shit was At The Drive In's "One Armed Scissor"

But It's mostly NEW videos that really suck

They always have:

- Overly melo-dramatic lighting

- That really quick 'go-out-of-focus-and-then-back-to-normal' shit

- A herd of generic people dancing behind the singer/rapper/whoever

- Some futuristic/space/fantasy theme that makes no sense with the song

- Seriously over-saturated colors ... when you close your eyes you still see the video

- Etc., etc., etc...

there is actually 2 danzig videos.

i do believe the other one, not mother, was on bevis and butthead one time.

word.

i happen to like mtv.

and for the comment about...this is while see an underground hiphop thread in a graffiti forum...iv seen that so many times.

when you click into channel zero what does it say.

general disscussion. no graffiti talk or something like that.

so that means this isnt really a graffiti forum is it. its part of forum that features graffiti.

also, if you cant have underground hiphop threads becuase this is graffiti...well then you cant really have 98% of the threads that make their way into channel zero now can you.

graffiti is an element no matter what you posers thing.

The thing with techno is that the video actaully enhances the song. Most likely it's because the music is so mind-numbing that anything accompanying it makes it seem better and almost tolerable. I also like how the videos tend to be very artsy and abstract, so it fools the viewer into thinking the music is also a piece of art, when in fact it's nothing more than beboops and computer/synthesizer noise put to a beat. Go figure.

Not like anything else on MTV is any better. I'm sure people really watch Christina Aguilera videos because they like her voice.

Originally posted by ?!?!

there is actually 2 danzig videos.

i do believe the other one, not mother, was on bevis and butthead one time.

word.

i happen to like mtv.

and for the comment about...this is while see an underground hiphop thread in a graffiti forum...iv seen that so many times.

when you click into channel zero what does it say.

general disscussion. no graffiti talk or something like that.

so that means this isnt really a graffiti forum is it. its part of forum that features graffiti.

also, if you cant have underground hiphop threads becuase this is graffiti...well then you cant really have 98% of the threads that make their way into channel zero now can you.

graffiti is an element no matter what you posers thing.

?

I'm not sure what you're saying, but the masterfully orchestrated way you've veered from the original topic of this thread and led into something entirely different is worthy of a standing ovation. Well done.

Originally posted by HAL

Not like anything else on MTV is any better. I'm sure people really watch Christina Aguilera videos because they like her voice.

i hope they like her voice...

id wonder about the people that think shes hot.

shes got no ass, no chest, her face is far from attractive, shes at best a butterhead or a blockormore...

Originally posted by HAL

The thing with techno is that the video actaully enhances the song. Most likely it's because the music is so mind-numbing that anything accompanying it makes it seem better and almost tolerable. I also like how the videos tend to be very artsy and abstract, so it fools the viewer into thinking the music is also a piece of art, when in fact it's nothing more than beboops and computer/synthesizer noise put to a beat. Go figure.

this is why people have to take ecstacy for it to sound good. it all sounds the same

Archived