Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Videos Aren't The Truth...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Unregistered, Jan 15, 2002.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Junior Member

I was just thinking about how these days, it seems like the most accessable forms of music have become forms of television. I feel like a lot of the stuff you see on mtv, etc. is taking away from the creative excitement you get when you hear -- and only hear -- a song for the first time. The image you first get when you see a video is someone else's idea of what the core musicians had in mind when they wrote the music. I don't know ... it sucks.

Maybe this is why you'll see an "underground music" thread on a graffiti message board.

2. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

thankfully, hopesfall, clutch and danzig dont have videos, so i can sit here and come up with my own head smashing scenarios...

yeah for metal.

3. Ms.Bombastic

Ms.Bombastic Member

Dude I hate videos..they always disappoint me...Inever think of the song the same after I see a gay video..that always seems to be some odd abstract of a simple song

4. Unregistered

Actually, I've seen a Danzig video for Mother -- he rocks the patented Danzig "arm-swing-ape-face."

5. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

there's 2 sides to the coin though. there are some videos that make a song that much better. eg- aphex twin's come to daddy. anyone who's seen this video knows what i mean.

6. platapie

platapie Veteran Member

any1 see the new dialated peoples video?

7. Unregistered

I saw the one .. "worst come to worst, my peoples come first..."
    Arrg, I fucking HATED that damn video. Those dudes were so over - hip-hopped ... I could have puked up a doo-rag and matching Ecko glasses.

8. When

When 12oz Loyalist

the videos that i like are the homemade ounk ones that i see on public access late at night... i dont watch MTV very often

9. TheStupidToy

TheStupidToy Junior Member

I like videos that go along with the song... and actually fuckin match the song. I hate that shit like "Big Pimpin" Jay-Z bull... why the fuck do I wanna see some big lipped mutha fucka dnacin round in a Hawaiin shirt with a buncha hoes, nah whut I mean? When cats get creative and do something never before done... thats when im impressed wit a video. I mean, look at Michael Jackson... it did things that were'nt yet done, and to this day he has almost every fan he did then... because he was unique! Just check the thriller video... that was the first video to ever do somethin on that level... just my O.P.

Wun

10. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

thanks alot asshole. all my workmates looked over at me thinking i'm crazy cos i spontaniously pissed myself laughing.

11. Giving Tree

Giving Tree Senior Member

danzig - glen danzig writes songs, at least his new ones, on concepts his given from movies he's seen. how fucking weak is that?! blackacidevil was a damn good album... but the fact that most of it was based on shit like the shining and pumpkinhead makes me kinda upset about his whole creative process.

12. NATO

NATO Guest

hell yeah! that and 'come to daddy' both graet videos as well as that squarepusher on with the little girl in the hospital, oh and roots manuva 'witness one hope' that is hilarious

13. Unregistered

Yeah there's definitely some good videos that have been made, although not many. There's a couple of U2 videos I love ... Old Van Halen videos ... Spike Jonze use to do cool shit (anyone remember the 'Wax' video with the guy running down the street on fire?). Early 90's hip hop videos filmed in city streets and basketball courts were dope. The last video I saw that wasn't complete shit was At The Drive In's "One Armed Scissor"

But It's mostly NEW videos that really suck

They always have:
    - Overly melo-dramatic lighting
    - That really quick 'go-out-of-focus-and-then-back-to-normal' shit
    - A herd of generic people dancing behind the singer/rapper/whoever
    - Some futuristic/space/fantasy theme that makes no sense with the song
    - Seriously over-saturated colors ... when you close your eyes you still see the video
    - Etc., etc., etc...

14. ?!?!

?!?! Guest

there is actually 2 danzig videos.
    i do believe the other one, not mother, was on bevis and butthead one time.
    word.
    i happen to like mtv.
    and for the comment about...this is while see an underground hiphop thread in a graffiti forum...iv seen that so many times.
    when you click into channel zero what does it say.
    general disscussion. no graffiti talk or something like that.
    so that means this isnt really a graffiti forum is it. its part of forum that features graffiti.
    also, if you cant have underground hiphop threads becuase this is graffiti...well then you cant really have 98% of the threads that make their way into channel zero now can you.
    graffiti is an element no matter what you posers thing.

15. Big Bruno

Big Bruno Senior Member

haha. beautiful.