Video Game System....PS2 or Xbox, which should i buy?

Guest diggity

Guest diggity

gonna go out and get a system tomorrow, got some money to blow and what not. just wondering if any of you could shed some light on this. i had decided to go with the xbox till i found out you gotta pay for that online shit and that there are more games for the PS2. someone...anyone?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys are so weird, there was a thread like this around 8 months ago and you all said XBOX XBOX XBOX!

now your all cheering for the ps2...i told you so.

diggity, i wouldnt buy either...it gets in the way of a lot of work, and social events..just download an emulator onto your PC to get rid of that videogame itch...i sold my ps2 and it was the best thing i did, although my friends ones at my house now so i havent had the time to have withdrawls...why am i still talking?.

I think we should all boycott xbox for not supporting american artists. PS2 has mad more many games and that's cause in japan 90% of their printed media is manga. They love artists!

To show our disdain for the state of the xbox game discography I say we all bomb microsoft headquarters!

A multiplatform game will definitely look better on the Gamecube/Xbox than

the PlayStation 2 because the hardware is user-friendly and easier to work

with.

Xbox Advantages over PlayStation 2

----------------------------------

- Best Online Support

- Best Sound(More Interactive Music in games)

- Comes with a Hard drive and 4 controller ports

- High-Resolution support for Gaming and DVD Movies(HDTV required & kit)

- PC ports(Easy to port a PC game to the Xbox)

- Broadband-Enabled

- Not many Disc Read Error problems.

xbox CPU: 733 MHz chip crafted by Intel

ps2 CPU: 294.913 MHz (like that .913 really helps haha)

xbox Graphics Processor: 250MHz custom chip named XGPU, developed by Microsoft and nVIDIA

ps2 Graphics "Synthesizer": 147.456MHz

xbox Total Memory: The RAM in the Xbox will be supplied by Micron, it will be 64 MB running at 200MHz DDR (Double-Data-Rate)

ps2 Total Memory: 32 MB 800MHz (that's nice, but not nice enough)

xbox Memory Bandwidth: 6.4 GB/sec

ps2 Memory Bandwidth: 3.2 GB/sec

xbox Polygon Performance: 125 M/sec

ps2 Polygon Performance: 75 M/sec

xbox Simultaneous Textures: 4

ps2 Simultaneous Textures: 2

xbox Pixel Fill Rate - No Texture: 4.0 G/Sec (anti-aliased)

ps2 Pixel Fill Rate - No Texture: 2.4 G/Sec (anti-aliased)

xbox Compressed Textures: Yes (6:1)

xbox Full Scene Anti-Alias: Yes

xbox Micro Polygon Support: Yes

xbox Storage Medium: 2-5x DVD, 10GB hard disk, 8MB memory card

xbox I/0: 2-5x DVD, 10GB hard disk, 8MB memory card

xbox Audio Channels:64 (up to 256 stereo voices)

ps2 Audio Channels:48

xbox 3D Audio Support: Yes

xbox MIDI DLS2 Support: Yes

xbox AC3 Encoded Game Audio: Yes

ps2 AC3 Encoded Game Audio: Yes

xbox Broadband Enabled: Yes

ps2 Broadband Enabled: No

xbox Controller Ports: 4 USB Ports

ps2 Controller Ports: 2 (doh!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

In closing, I'd like to say that ps2 got smoked by all the new systems.

It's got the least power. Even the cute little ol' gamecube is more powerful

and can render more complex graphics than the ps2. This is where Sony failed at life.... sorry.

i was gonna diss xbox at first, but now i looked over and seen that my ps2 is broken and taken apart for the moment, and the xbox next to it is beckoning me like crack to a crackhead. mmmm doa2....soulcaliber 2....mmGOTTAGOBYE.11

OK granted, the xbox is a greater machine. But it'll be like owning an Apple when you want to use your computer for games. Sure, it has its Ninja Gaiden (the whole reason I bought an xbox) and its Halo, but every other game on there is also available for the ps2. Even though the graphics are better on the xbox doesn't mean shit. Unless you have been playing solely on the xbox for awhile and then you switch over to ps2, you wont notice the difference, and even with playing the xbox and ps2 games one after another, the graphics aren't poor enough to get your panties in a bunch

I probably should have started a new paragraph acouple lines ago. The reason why the ps2 isn't the "god of machines" as the xbox is is because it was made before it. Both the Gamecube and xbox were released quite awhile after the ps2.

So in closing, the ps2 has more to offer.

Originally posted by (no subject)

OK granted, the xbox is a greater machine. But it'll be like owning an Apple when you want to use your computer for games. Sure, it has its Ninja Gaiden (the whole reason I bought an xbox) and its Halo, but every other game on there is also available for the ps2. Even though the graphics are better on the xbox doesn't mean shit. Unless you have been playing solely on the xbox for awhile and then you switch over to ps2, you wont notice the difference, and even with playing the xbox and ps2 games one after another, the graphics aren't poor enough to get your panties in a bunch

I probably should have started a new paragraph acouple lines ago. The reason why the ps2 isn't the "god of machines" as the xbox is is because it was made before it. Both the Gamecube and xbox were released quite awhile after the ps2.

So in closing, the ps2 has more to offer.

I should have pressed edit but anyway,

I meant every other worthwhile game is also on ps2.

Yeah graphics are comparable. I have to agree with no subject. Even though xbox has better hardware it's nothing without the software backing as nintendo found out with it's flop gamecube. But nintendo swears up and down it won't place third with it's next system. So watch out! The old warhorse is making a comeback!

I am gonna have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you on that one mmm yeah. My whole thing is like I was playing ps2 earlier today at a friend's house, and the graphics really are terrible. The playstation isn't as good as the other systems because they released early.... instead of putting some more thought and work into making a HIGH quality machine. Don't be mad at the xbox and the gamecube because they are better. Both companies have been into creating games way before Sony was.... Sony is the slut of videogame systems, they'll license any POS game, which to me is rather hookerish. You're entitled to your opinions.

Originally posted by fatbastard

i sold my ps2 and it was the best thing i did, although my friends ones at my house now so i havent had the time to have withdrawls...why am i still talking?.

now ya just gotta dump the comp eh? ;)

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

I am gonna have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you on that one mmm yeah. My whole thing is like I was playing ps2 earlier today at a friend's house, and the graphics really are terrible. The playstation isn't as good as the other systems because they released early.... instead of putting some more thought and work into making a HIGH quality machine. Don't be mad at the xbox and the gamecube because they are better. Both companies have been into creating games way before Sony was.... Sony is the slut of videogame systems, they'll license any POS game, which to me is rather hookerish. You're entitled to your opinions.

Have to agree with this man.

I played Vice City a few months ago for the

hell of it having abandoned my PS2 for the

Gamecube a few months prior... needless

to say I had to keep asking my friends if

it really looked that shitty only a year ago.

I could have swore I was playing GTA3.

PS2 is ass out. Get a Gamecube for all the

games you're going to want to play over

and over... get an Xbox if you're a graphics freak.

[/end=nerdrant]