Video footage online?

old*824

so this is my idea.

12oz purchases or leases enough server space and creates a web platform that is just like metalheads except its video footage right?

it would be ideal if accounts could be created by a coopertive and video footage donated anomously. since this is expensive 12oz should lease video storage space as well as a fee for the forumn. members can lease space and view footage and members would pay to view it if they want. ideally the member who leases the space from 12oz would be entitled to a percentage of moneys intaken from other members viewing footage.

so not only would it make 12oz a step further in web proliferation of our culture but it would enable us all to make a buck.

i got the hook up on some space and my friend suggested running it all through kazaa or somthing.

however im stuck on some bucket shit with a dial up connect and my video camera is in the shop.......but i think it would be tight and checking internation trains running daily is tight! cordinate live broadcasts and shit.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yeah....it was just a suggestion....but the server space needed for 50 hours of video is gonna cost and it would defintley be limited to dsl and t lines. but you could pay a fee and just burn all kinds of footage edit it up and make your own dvd and then turn around and sell it you know what im saying?

make an international coopertive of train footage getters and make movies. hook up with your click make your footage and sell dvd's and views online and shit you know?

i mean i guess the liabilities of people stealing your footage and making their own movie is there....but i dont really give a fuck cause im not shysty like that. honor among thieves right?

basically it would be equivalent to our own online cable channel and shit you know?

fuck your cable bill. support your culture.

eh....since it would be anoumosly donated footage under a coopertive account it would be pretty hard to peg you unless your really asking for it.

what im saying is if i go out with a camera on any randomn day i could pull four hours of footage of trains laid up and rolling and all the lines that come through my junction are 80% footage.

if you want to register an account and go ahead put your own action shots on it thats pretty stupid.

however if the vandal sqaud wants they want you and they are not going to get any more out of footage than possibly another count however that would need witness's and with the penalities as stiff as they are one count more is irellavent seeing as i have 59 on my juvenile record if i had 58 or 60 it wouldnt make no differnece and the da would have to approve it and all that shit.......

anyway....it would be independant footage im not saying go clock your crew in action and put it up. more like sign in and check trains rolling and laid up in anystate you want and europe. the most they could get you on is tresspassing to obtain the footage but im sure they have more to worry about.

oh yeah...and go buy stuff from four the hard way to make it happen sooner.

with the grip of talented designers and programmers and bright people in general on this message board im sure it could happen.

anyway....i had coffee and got flaked on.

motherfuckers act like i dint wanna mope around bored as fuck by myself anyway.

btw. completely off topic. dont threaten to call the cops on the gangsters that live across the street from you. thats not wise.

what?

you dont see the possiblity of harnessing our disposable income and directing the money back to the people who have the same interests as us?

i mean if im gonna fuck off 8 hours of my freetime in front of a computer id be hyped to go ahead and pay twenty bucks to burn a dvd of freights in cali and the east coast some footage from mexico and brazil and some euro wholecars rolling.

and since its basically free to obtain the footage all contributors are looking at making a profit while keeping the price low and hooking all those who want it up with constant fresh rolling steel and wall productions and just all around dope shit to look at.

really. dont hate.

the reason 12oz is so successfull to the end user is because its free. At this point good quality streaming video isnt all that great, when you consider that there are still folks on 28, and 56 k modems. Video is the largest digital space hog.

IT wont work for them(12oz) but i highly recomend you trying it on your own.

to the contrary. i think 12oz is ideal because of the fact its the international message board visited by pretty much everybody who's anybody in writing.

personally i dont know shit about web development or programming.

but most people who are interested enough to go benching and are adults have dsl these days as well as some money to spend you know?

what 12oz has is the 12000 or so members and all kinds of traffic.

its basically just an upgrade for the bench you know what im sayin? and with the nominal investment needed.....get more space as you need it...you could easily have footage which is like 5 times cooler than flicks being traded and sold for profit while all being legal. 12oz could run it similar to ebay. they just provide the platform for the sellers and take their cut you know?

considering ill spend 70 bucks on drinks in a night i got no problem dapping up some player who pulls dope footage for a couple hours of fresh trains and walls from where ever they may be.

Originally posted by Scott LaJock

the reason 12oz is so successfull to the end user is because its free. At this point good quality streaming video isnt all that great, when you consider that there are still folks on 28, and 56 k modems. Video is the largest digital space hog.

IT wont work for them(12oz) but i highly recomend you trying it on your own.

fuck streaming video

i belive you can get qaulity video footage though...cause i recall when people were burning all kinds of movies off the net and the qaulity was good. so its basically just obtaining enough server space to store and be able to transmit the footage in the same level of qaulity its was on the camera.

Archived