Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Vice Magazine - Talk Soup

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by --zeSto--, Sep 10, 2002.

1. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

oh boy....

Quicktime clip from Talk Soup.

Watched the clip? Saw the girl?
    well she's the same girl from myChinese Takeout thread.

so anyone read the new issue?
    I'm going to get the shoes on the inside back cover.

2. R123N

R123N New Jack

pesimistic peapod

thats a good magazine its not easy to come by one of those for me......
    ...bored0m.... maybe i wouldnt be so board if i got one.......

3. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

4. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

my friend zach let me borrow some of his Vice magazines and they're seriously some of the funniest, best written magazines i have ever seen. good times.

5. sneak

sneak Guest

i have a horrible feeling that i cant get that mag over here, id like to tho...

6. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

stolen... but great !

Death top the Nerds

GoddamMit, nerds. What have you done? You’ve ruined everything. We tried to give you a hand. We reached out into the creek that runs through the high school and we pulled your drenched pants out of the water. We picked your glasses out of the garbage and handed them back to you. We even listened to your bullshit about outer space, and what do you fucking do? You fucking nerds. You shit on us.

From controlling the economy with Bill Gates to controlling our entertainment with Lara Croft, we gave you the world and you fucking rubbed it between your never-been-wedgied asscheeks and threw it right back in our face.

I guess we thought it was subversive. We liked the idea of pissing off the jocks by inviting you to parties, but we should have known it wouldn’t work (P.S. when you drank too much and yelled “I love Liz!” and ran out and then came back three hours later all covered in puke we were like, “What would he do if he ever fucking got Liz, anyway? Lay on her and cry?”).

Back in the good old days, when making your lives hell was an art form, our forefathers carefully lifted your underwear out of the back of your pants and tried to get the waistband over your head without ripping anything. Back then you knew your place. That generation of nerds grew up to build the XM-1 tank — the most invincible tank on earth — and they were happy with that.

We decided to be nicer and gave you kudos with things like Square Pegs, then Revenge of the Nerds, then Weird Science, then Sixteen Candles, then Freaks and Geeks, and we got you into Hollywood and you fucking make movies about video games with huge-breasted übervixens?

And how’s this for a true fact?

A. Nerds (Craig McCracken et all) made The Powerpuff Girls movie.

B. Nerds are so intimidated by girls (even baby girls) that they thought it would make perfect sense to have the heroines destroy cities and rip the bleeding heads off of monsters the whole time.

C. The result? A whole theater of five-year-old girls bawling their eyes out in fear.

Well guess what, nerds? Fuck you. Fuck fucking you. We are going to tape your buns together so tight that we’ll get muscles doing it. We are going to rip your underwear off so hard … we’re going to rip it right off and whip it down the street. And your glasses. They’re going to basically become powder. We are going to pop all your zits and eat the pus. You thought the ’50s were bad? This is going to be some psycho shit. You just try to come to school with shotguns. We’ll be hiding on the ceilings all commando-style and then PAM! just come down on you and … fucking ... eat your face right off. You’re going to be watching us eat it with your bugged-out skeleton eyeballs and your exposed teeth and you’re going to be all, “Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!”

You are so dead.

DARREN ALBERTY

Nerds (above) by Spencer Sweeney courtesy of Gavin Brown.

7. deterrent

deterrent Veteran Member

wholy fuck niggers this new issue is a lot nice:

Johnny Cash's knife
    Drawing of 50 cent deemed racist
    Bouncing Souls new album review
    Stories of accedents!!!
    Cover: Dog made of flowers!!!!!

Heck nawh, ef da flippin es yeaaaha.

8. Sparoism

Sparoism Guest

They're still around? (God, it's nice to NOT be in the know. You move out of the Mission and then BAM! instant has been/never was status. I was voted out because I could not affect the "Romulan Haircut"...I'm sure the hipsters sleep easier at night in my absence, provided they aren't loaded to the gills on cheap blow.)

Is it still free? Is Jim Goad still the occasional guest columnist?

Does anyone besides me not care about Vice? Jim Goad was the only writer I'd read, then it went straight into the recycling bin, unless someone snagged it first.

Here...if you are not easily offended (shit...you're on 12 oz. Strike that last remark.) and have a sense of humor (the previously struck remark applies conditionally to certain individuals), then you need to go here. Now. Stop reading this, and just point...your...browser....HERE.

You're welcome.

9. PHILLY IS WILD

PHILLY IS WILD Junior Member

ok nigga we get it, your good with similies, damn, reading this dude is like listening to lloyd banks.

10. dumy

dumy Veteran Member

haha..that was funny..

NOT

11. Sparoism

Sparoism Guest

Who's Lloyd Banks? I'll assume he's rich and handsome and that was meant to be a compliment.

Thank you.

12. PHILLY IS WILD

PHILLY IS WILD Junior Member

nah actually he is a corny rapper that uses punchlines every other line...but its all good, i just find these editorials bitching about some dumbshit that doesnt really matter more annoying than funny, but to each his own

13. Sparoism

Sparoism Guest

Vice had its moment in the sun, but when they turned into a "lifestyle" magazine for hipsters, they lost me.

Too bad, some of the writing (David Cross, Sarah Silverman) is really good. I'm sure a lot of is simply scanned for ironic content by its target audience, who then go on to pay $500 for a pair of worn out jeans without absorbing the message behind the irony.

But, you're right...to each their own.

(I am actually a HORRIBLE rapper, and I can't dance. I can DJ, though, so maybe I'm not hopelessly caucasian.)

14. dumy

dumy Veteran Member

yeah, its not as bad if you take all the printed material as sarcastic..then it's actually funny..BUT ONLY IF YOU DO THAT..

15. sarahyoulose

sarahyoulose Senior Member

I love vice
    sometimes they produce mediocre issues, but some of them are just GOLDEN

i think i laugh out loud every time i read that magazine in a public place