VH1 Hip Hop Honors.

why write?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Eh. Just finished seeing the "Graffiti" portion, it lasted a whole minute long- while they're dedicating a whole segment to DJ Hollywood (Not to take away from him, but if they were going to do "Hip-hop" they should've done it thoroughly with every 'Element')

Kid Rock was a better DJ than I thought, though it was embarassing to put him next to Kid Capri...

Originally posted by Kablam!@Oct 12 2004, 09:18 PM

Hey, for those of us without cable, anyone wanna summarize this thing? I'm interested.

well from what i seen there was a

-segment of graffiti, a few good clips..

- beastie boys performance

- public enemy/beastie boys performance

- rock steady crew were there

- p. diddy came out and said to vote..

- segment of KRS-one

- fat joe rapping KRS-one's song south bronx

if your into hip hop you would of enjoyed this so far...now im about to watch some tupac bullshit..

seekings talking points:

*i hit mute for anything that has to do with nas.

*i hate that nas.

*their coverage of graff was pathetic, but whatever.

*kid rock is a really good dj. actually, he's one of those 'musical geniuses' that can play every instrument...well. (as can flavor flav...who knew?!)

*kid capri is not a good dj.

*flavor flav is awesome.

*i hate fat joe more than i hate nas (which is a lot.)

*im really stoked p.diddy has taken such charge of voting shit. i wish jay z and A.I. would put in as much work on it. the whole east coast would be in the booth.

*a tribute to tupac, but not a single mention of big?!?! fuck tupac. wack ass midget. the only good song he ever did was 'mind on my money' with mc breed. that shit right there is the jam!

*no mention of jam master jay?!?!

*vivica fox was funny (and would get banged).

*no moment of silence for big L? just kidding, i dont like him.

*no fat boys?!

*no mention of any of the movies that exposed hip hop culture to the world: beat street, breakin, wild style, style wars, etc.

*ice T is awesome.

*scott ian from anthrax is awesome.

*mike D looks like he lost all his money to a bad gambling addiction and now lives on deaths doorstep.

*MCA could give snoop a run for his money at the 'pimp of the year' awards (provided that oppression of women was not a stipulation of entry).

*did i mention hating the entire terror squad? now i did.

*krs-one makes want to throw up on myself and those nearest to me.

*DMC is awesome as shit, but run is played out.

*how come addiction and over dosing makes artists better, but jesus and sobriety ruins their careers? wtf is up with that?!

*no russel simmons or rick rubin?!

*adrock is still cool.

*grandmaster flash is pretty useless as anything but an icon.

*mad seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek end to ends in 05.

*south, what?! south side bronx!!

*no awesome dre and the hardcore comitte?! what, they cant show detroit some love?! thats bogus.

*everything after illmatic sucked nas, die.

*no MOP?!?!?!?!?!?! somebody's gonna get clapped (bucka, bucka, bucka, bucka, BLAWWWWWW).

*smashing pumpkins 'siamese dream' was not mentioned at all, but is a very good album none the less.

these have been my talking points for the afternoon.

Originally posted by seeking@Oct 13 2004, 03:16 PM

*a tribute to tupac, but not a single mention of big?!?! fuck tupac. wack ass midget. the only good song he ever did was 'mind on my money' with mc breed. that shit right there is the jam!

Yeah I was fucking SHOCKED that in New York City, where the thing is East Coast biased to begin with, that they'd give a tribute to 2Pac without giving a tribute to Biggie. It left me scratching my head on that one.

And what's with the midget stuff, Pac was like 5'10". For a man that's like medium/average height.