vh1 graffiti special

InfamousOne

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'll check it out. i'm not so obsessed with "keeping it real" that i can't turn on my television.

Let's see how they handle it....VH1 actually has some shows worth watching now and again and hopefully they'll present graffiti in a balanced and objective light. I think there is a real potential to educate some people and let'em see that it's not just about fucking shit up:idea:

it's a part of their "look inside hip hop culture"...from what i saw on the commercial-it looks like it's going to be a look into "old school" graffiti-they had a classic pic of dondi (i think-they flashed it quick) standing with his legs stretched between two trains painting...i'm addicted to television so i should be watchin' it...

i didnt know anything about it...

i guess after it airs, a bunch of kids that tuned in will decide they want to be "graffiti bombers", they'll do a google search, and 12oz will probably get flooded with new toys that ask the same shit over and over again... ah shucks.

i'm not sure, if i am around a tv at 9 on october the 12, i might peep it for a minute but i doubt i will be breaking any plans with anyone to cuddle up with vh1.

VH1 is hip hop-hip hop is VH1!

Fuck VH1! They dont care about graff or hip hop culture! Even if there are some "graff writers" who do graphics for there bullshit station. NO DISRESPECT, but its going to be the same footage, photos and writers we have all grown up on, just with a bull shit VH1 twist. IM gonna watch and bitch the whole time!:hatred: :heated:

true... writers were sprayin' it before mc's were sayin' it.

but graff, though still parallel with hip-hop and still a element there in, has found its own and is no longer found only as the resident visual expression of hip-hop. its something much larger than that now... shit, its not even strictly urban art anymore. there are hip hop writers, punk writers, rave writers...

somehow it brings a level of credability to any music based culture that is found on the fringe of acceptability. yea, respect its roots but climb the tree and see what the view is like from is various branches. denying the true nature of the beast is counter productive. if you cant evolve with it then you get left behind.

as for vh1, any proper showcasing of the art of getting up benifits true writers and brings exposure to the sport. isnt that the point... fame? then as the cycle has proved over and over... the scene will fall below the mainstream radar. its just not worth buggin' out about that sorta' shit. if your not feeling the media scrutiny, just wait it out. it wont take long. things will get quiet again.