1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Vandal Squad Misconceptions

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by Unregistered, Jan 25, 2002.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered 12oz Junior Member

Vandal Squad Misconceptions

Discussion started by Unregistered - Jan 25, 2002

I remember getting roped up by some NYC VS guys a while back. They rolled up and I was cornered in some alley way so I hid under a truck. Obviously they found me.
    I figured these dudes were gonna be fuckin dicks, mostly from stories I'd heard about them.

Completely opposite.

They actually seemed more pissed about having to bring me in than I was. I talked with one of the guys for a bit, and he said he really didn't give a shit about any of the graf. "Why should I care about some shit over three other layers of shit that's been there for years" (to paraphrase). His partner acted like the shit they were doing was pointless, but they did it anyway. They seemed like guys who'd been demoted, or were waiting to make detective or some shit. One of em even said he didn't think there'd be a VS left after Guiliani left office.

Some (not all) of these Vandal Squad guys are not the vigilante types they've been made out to be. To me, these dudes were just doing a shitty job that they had been handed, for whatever reason.

Of course, I've also heard about some of these VS guys harrassing motheruckers at their jobs, prank calling their houses, fucking with them on the street, etc., so I'm also not trying to say they're all fun and games ... just showing a flipside to the typically one-sided coin.

Unregistered - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  2. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

Abracadabra - Replied Jan 25, 2002

haha. probably the best news anyone's heard about guiliani

Abracadabra - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  3. ODESK

ODESK Guest

ODESK - Replied Jan 25, 2002

WELL GUESS WHAT THEY STILL BROUGHT YOU IN SO ..SO MUCH FOR JUS BEIN FRIENDLY..AND I REALLY DONT FEEL LIKE PALIN AROUN WITH EM ANYWAY SO I DONT GIVE A SHIT WHAT TYPE OF PEOPLE THEY ARE.

4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Jan 25, 2002

haha, sounds exactly like some shit writers would do... oh, but its funny when we do it right? ... someday people will realize that without a VS, we would not exist. if bombing were legal, no one would care to bomb... dont hate the players, hate the game... they're doing their job just like we are, the more dedicated they are, the more dedicated we have to be. it makes it that much more fun.

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  5. Unregistered

Unregistered - Replied Jan 25, 2002

Really, well that's your loss. They invited me to the Vandal Squad weekly poker game down at Frank's house and we've been bro's ever since! Matter of fact, officer Vasquez owes me twenty from last week ... where's my cell...

6. sectorTVA

sectorTVA 12oz Senior Member

sectorTVA - Replied Jan 25, 2002

you guys listen to that MTA interview on tagpage? VS guy kicked desa (i think) in the face...didnt even take him in, the next day the VS guy saw desa on the steets and asked how his face felt....i could care less about the police, let them do their job and shit..what we do is ILLEGAL and there is no justification (no matter what anyone thinks) for doing graffiti....i just thought that was a funny story...

sectorTVA - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. Unregistered

Unregistered - Replied Jan 25, 2002

This poses the question: would you rather have your face kicked or be arrested?

8. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

ctrl+alt+del - Replied Jan 26, 2002

well how hard would this kick be? full force of a strong man? hard to say. would i be allowed to cushion it by attempting to cover my face with arms? i think id go for the face kick.

9. ASER1NE

ASER1NE 12oz Veteran Member

ASER1NE - Replied Jan 26, 2002

i think the 'VS' SQUAD here is just beginning to get a bit hard assed, but i dont really know

ASER1NE - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  10. dukeofyork

dukeofyork 12oz Senior Member

dukeofyork - Replied Jan 26, 2002

where im from, and from what ive heard, the vandal squad in my area really doesnt care until you get caught.

dukeofyork - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  11. retard

retard 12oz Member

retard - Replied Jan 26, 2002

Did any of you read the interview with skuf in the last 12oz he says nyc VS is like the boogie man to scare toys because he's never seen them...;) just food for thought...

retard - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  12. graffsurgeon

graffsurgeon Banned

graffsurgeon - Replied Jan 26, 2002

yeah, in The vapors. i think skuf is a hippocrit.

graffsurgeon - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  13. destroyall

destroyall New Jack

destroyall - Replied Jan 27, 2002

i would take the kick in the face rather than getting arrested. even a tooth knocked loose is better than getting arrested. a kick to the groin added on top of the lost tooth...hmmm...id still take beat down.

destroyall - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  14. destroyall

destroyall New Jack

destroyall - Replied Jan 27, 2002

dont trust that. be prepared for an unexpected visit at anytime, wether you have been caught or not. it happens more than you realize. they give out search warrants left and right in my city just if they get the smallest peice of info that might link someone to graff. or else my city sucks and yours is cool.

destroyall - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  15. microsoft_golf

microsoft_golf New Jack

microsoft_golf - Replied Jan 27, 2002

Re: Re: Vandal Squad Misconceptions

just like in the simpsons everyone needs an enemy

microsoft_golf - Rank: New Jack - Messages: