1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

valet

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by isor357, Sep 11, 2005.

1. isor357

isor357 12oz Senior Member

valet

Discussion started by isor357 - Sep 11, 2005

I worked for a company for 3 years. Im begining to think this would be a good company to start. Heres some things to ponder. If anybody has any good ideas or suggestions are welcome to chime in.

Bar resturaunt and hotel owners already insure their property. The parking lot is or atleast should be covered. To operate a valet service in your establishment im fairly certain that you need to seal the lot and only have 1 enterance to the lot in order for your insurance firm to approve such an expansion. This can be done with rope. Cheap and easy. You probably need to send the insurance company pictures. It may cost more $

Most resturaunt owners hesitate to run their own service in fear of liability and hire a valet company. The valet company has a very basic form of insurance called garage keep insurance. It costs $10,000
    and is an all incompasing policy that can be applied to several lots. This piece of paper has a large number on it and serves to put a buisness owner at ease allowing you to set up shop.

From experience i realized that any time something would go wrong with a car the company comes out of pocket. The valets arent covered by any insurance. Not a single insurance company would insure anybody under 21. If something happens the resturant or hotel would be sued along side the valet company, In any lawsuit the plaintant typically goes after the person with the most $. I also saw so many instances that a car would be fucked up and the person didnt notice. Once they drive off the lot the valet firm is not responsibility. It says so on the ticket. The only thing the valet company is responsible for is the key and any damage that somebody sees before leaving the lot.
    Thats it for now. I have so many other insights to share but that will be later.

isor357 - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle 12oz Veteran Member

Dr. Dazzle - Replied Sep 12, 2005

Yeah, this really belongs in the political debate section....

Dr. Dazzle - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  3. Krakatau

Krakatau 12oz Member

Krakatau - Replied Sep 12, 2005

I would stop bullshitting about it on a message board where no one will be able to help you and go start a fucking valet service.

Krakatau - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  4. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Poop Man Bob - Replied Sep 12, 2005

Moved to ch0.

Poop Man Bob - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  5. Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus 12oz Senior Member

Biggus Dickus - Replied Sep 12, 2005

I'm unsure as to the point of this.

Biggus Dickus - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  6. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe 12oz Veteran Member

mackfatsoe - Replied Sep 12, 2005

eye sore.

mackfatsoe - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  7. isor357

isor357 - Replied Sep 12, 2005

there are several ways of going about this. I worked for a guy once that was paid to put valets on lots. This schmuck probably got 150-200 a night just for having his employees show up and park cars. The owner of the resturaunt in turn was able to dictate how he wanted shit to go down. This particular resturaunt owner was what i would call an overflow man. He wanted all the close spots for self parking and the valet was allotted a small lot in the far back. We didnt even touch a car until late at night when all the close spots were taken. He was paying our boss $8 an hour per valet on top of the aforementioned figure. Unfortunatly our boss was pocketing that hourly wage and we were working soley on tips. People dont valet when its easier to self park

The better way is to rent a lot from the buisness owner. As you are paying for the parking spaces you set the rules and charge for parking. If your valets are making money you dont suffer from frequent turnover. With time and experience comes competence. As you are renting spaces you can squeeze people into parking by making it completely unconvenient for them to to park themselves. Furthermore you are at liberty to create VIP spots and charge extra to park in them.

Sorry about the misplacement. I have some more shit to add but i have class

8. deterrent

deterrent 12oz Veteran Member

deterrent - Replied Sep 12, 2005

I'd tie a knot with your rope.

deterrent - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  9. SteveAustin

SteveAustin 12oz Veteran Member

SteveAustin - Replied Sep 12, 2005

don't fuck with cars that have red ribbons tied around the steering column. thats my little valet tip.

SteveAustin - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  10. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Dirty Dozen Crew

Dirty_habiT - Replied Sep 12, 2005

Dirty_habiT - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  11. SteveAustin

SteveAustin - Replied Sep 12, 2005

round my neck of the woods...that little ribbon means mafia.

12. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Dirty Dozen Crew

Dirty_habiT - Replied Sep 12, 2005

Oh snap!! Music is ill.

Dirty_habiT - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  13. isor357

isor357 - Replied Sep 12, 2005

somebody blessed my thread with some icecream truck music

Aside from Garage keep insurance the main expences are tickets and signs. You have to pound the pavement for new accounts. Once its up its relatively inexpensive to keep up. If you want competent employees you need to pay them.

14. Anyone

Anyone 12oz Member

Anyone - Replied Sep 12, 2005

I would assume the mob or other organized crime run this industry. If you open up your own shit they'll probably stop by and welcome you to the neighborhood.

Or I could be completely wrong and I should have grown up to be a Valet owner and be stickin' rich.

Anyone - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  15. SteveAustin

SteveAustin - Replied Sep 13, 2005

I'm not aware of any mob owned valets...but I do know one of the trash removal companies in my area is mafiaso.