Valentine's Day Advice Needed.

Fugazi

This is one of the times where I post a serious question in hopes that amongst all of you turds who try to be funny someone will take the time to consider this question.

Here's the scenario. My girlfriend of four years and I broke up 3 months or so ago do to me messing things up. We still hang out a lot and talk everyday. I want to buy her roses for valentine's day, and I think she'd appreciate it. There is a new girl in my life though, whom I've been hanging out with quite a bit. The thing is, this girl is friends with all of my friends, and I think one of my friends might even like her, and most of them know her better than I do anyways. Should I buy her roses for valentine's day too? And if so, should I leave them on her doorstep anonymously, or should I write a card that would just say there a friendship gift? She's a great girl, but if anyone found out I gave them to her, things with my ex-girlfriend would be completely over, and things amongst my group of friends would probably become uncomfortable. Anyone have any thoughts/advice? Thanks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by krie

just buy roses for both..red for the ex.. white for the new girl

You think white roses would be better for the new girl? I thought red long stem roses might be nice too.... the same for each.... and neither would know about the either?

Originally posted by E MARTYR

ummm duder...

i dont see why giving your ex flowers on vday would be a bad idea, if this new chick isnt your girlfriend yet anyways. it would just be a nice gesture.

why your ass scared to give the new girl flowers again? i dont get that part either?

fucks wrong with you b

There was never any doubt that I would give my ex-girlfriend flowers for v-day. I just don't know about giving the new girl flowers; she dated a friend of mine, I think another friend of mine likes her, and we have a lot of really close mutual friends. Plus, she basically grew up with my ex-girlfriend. At this point I'm sure I want to buy her flowers... I just don't know if it should be anonymously or not. Thanks for the feedback though.

Originally posted by E MARTYR

you trying to fuck the ex still or mess with her?

That's the thing... I still want her in my life. Before I messed things up, there were talks of marrying this girl; and I still think she's the one I want to end up with. But basically, the reason we broke up, is because I'm 21, we've been together since I was 17.... I needed to get out and see what else is out there. I know I run the risk of losing her.... but.... other ladies were looking too good....

if you still want the ex in your life then dont send the new one roses unless its anonymus(spell check? im retarded). because if she finds out you did this then she (ex gf) may think you have a new intrest. if you really care as much about your ex as you let on then there would be no question as to what you should really do, and bros before hoes, i know that saying is used so often its disgusting but its true, friends are always there for you, and im sure you wouldnt want one of your friends to do that to you. so try to lul your way closer to your ex if you want her back, or try to disway your friend from this new girl, if you think its worth it. but if you must send roses to this girl it should be anonymususus however the fuck you spell that word.

Originally posted by MLTf4nt0m

if you still want the ex in your life then dont send the new one roses unless its anonymus(spell check? im retarded). because if she finds out you did this then she (ex gf) may think you have a new intrest. if you really care as much about your ex as you let on then there would be no question as to what you should really do, and bros before hoes, i know that saying is used so often its disgusting but its true, friends are always there for you, and im sure you wouldnt want one of your friends to do that to you. so try to lul your way closer to your ex if you want her back, or try to disway your friend from this new girl, if you think its worth it. but if you must send roses to this girl it should be anonymususus however the fuck you spell that word.

This is good advice, thanks. The thing about my ex is that she doesn't want to be back together right now, and says that we can't be back together "for a while" (we have to build back trust). She has said that she thinks we should see other people... basically I don't think she'll be taking me back anytime soon, and this new girl might think I'm coming on too strong unless the flowers were anonymous...

umm, dude? valentine's day is made for coming on strong.

give the ex a mixture of red and white roses. white for love, red for passion. give the new girl some flowers, but do something weird with it, like dye the petals black or purple (pilot works well for this) or spraypaint them silver. any asshole can buy flowers. but you need to be the asshole who actually took it a step further. (i think it's a bad idea to give the new girl flowers, by the way.)

sidenote: is new girl possibly so attractive BECAUSE it's a bad idea (dated your friend, other friend crush, grew up with your ex, etc.)? think about it this way - how would you feel if one of your homies gave your ex girl flowers on valentine's day? it might not be the same (time spent dating, proximity of breakup, etc.) but in theory it's pretty damn close. don't push your luck.

sidenote 2: don't date anyone near the girl you want to get back together with. find girls who just moved to town or have absolutely no relation to your friends or ex girl. i made that mistake and am still paying for it in some respects.

yeah, i'm all over the place. give ex flowers, mix red/white. no flowers to new girl, bad fugazi, too close to friends and ex. find random girl on the street and give her flowers. it's totally random and people usually take it really well and are all smiles all day. then you're a good person. then tell ex about it and make her all mushy for you. heheheh.

Originally posted by gfreshsushi

umm, dude? valentine's day is made for coming on strong.

give the ex a mixture of red and white roses. white for love, red for passion. give the new girl some flowers, but do something weird with it, like dye the petals black or purple (pilot works well for this) or spraypaint them silver. any asshole can buy flowers. but you need to be the asshole who actually took it a step further. (i think it's a bad idea to give the new girl flowers, by the way.)

sidenote: is new girl possibly so attractive BECAUSE it's a bad idea (dated your friend, other friend crush, grew up with your ex, etc.)? think about it this way - how would you feel if one of your homies gave your ex girl flowers on valentine's day? it might not be the same (time spent dating, proximity of breakup, etc.) but in theory it's pretty damn close. don't push your luck.

sidenote 2: don't date anyone near the girl you want to get back together with. find girls who just moved to town or have absolutely no relation to your friends or ex girl. i made that mistake and am still paying for it in some respects.

yeah, i'm all over the place. give ex flowers, mix red/white. no flowers to new girl, bad fugazi, too close to friends and ex. find random girl on the street and give her flowers. it's totally random and people usually take it really well and are all smiles all day. then you're a good person. then tell ex about it and make her all mushy for you. heheheh.

Here's what I decided to do. Exgirlfriend gets a dozen roses. New girl gets a dozen roses anonymously. Reasons why:

1. If ex found out about new girl getting roses from me, ex would be pissed, and maybe gone completely.

2. New girl is still just a friend, and I'm still kind of seeing if she has feelings or what not.

3. Anonymous flowers will make her wonder. And if she asks I can always tell her; or tell her at a later date.

hey you know what..

you are a single man, and you can send flowers to ANYONE you want to.

its valentines, flowers are given to ANYONE, friends, co-workers, moms.... sisters...

i think it would be nice of you to send them both flowers, because they are both AWSOME people, right?

Originally posted by DEE38

hey you know what..

its valentines, flowers are given to ANYONE, friends, co-workers, moms.... sisters...

i think it would be nice of you to send them both flowers, because they are both AWSOME people, right?

so did you just decide to completely disregard what i just said or do you always steal other peoples comments and ideas...

Originally posted by DEE38

hey you know what..

You and Sludgenuts are both right on, and that's what I'm gonna do. I agree that since I'm single I can do what I want... but as a girl you probably understand that if you saw your ex (whom still liked you and whom you still liked, but he messed things up) giving flowers to another girl... you might have some feelings about that...

Originally posted by gfreshsushi

anonymous flowers are silly, unless you do that really creepy thing where you leave them in a ton of places you know she's gonna be, then it's funny because you're a stalker.

good luck, and have fun picking up the pieces.

Nah, I think anonymous flowers for the new girl are good for this situation. I think it would be nice to receive flowers on Valentine's day, rather than nothing at alll.... any ladies have comments? Dee?

if this ex girl and the new girl have accquaintences in common, couldnt the ex presumably find out this girl received annomyous roses on valentines day from some admirer? and couldnt she then infer, by your "seeing other people for awhile" situation, that you may have bought them. hopefully your ex-girl isnt that smart and/or psycho enough to figure it out and give you shit. just a thought though.

i think you should def find a different girl. if you are that serious about that ex girl, you oughta keep her in close sight, and happy with you. havent you see that asshole on real world who is going to eventually get fucked over by breaking it off with his fly-ass girlfriend of 4 years or whatever?

i was just thinking of starting a valentines day advice thread. you dumb fucks all need me.

edit* nevermind, i cant even solve my own problems

This is good advice, thanks. The thing about my ex is that she doesn't want to be back together right now, and says that we can't be back together "for a while" (we have to build back trust). She has said that she thinks we should see other people... basically I don't think she'll be taking me back anytime soon, and this new girl might think I'm coming on too strong unless the flowers were anonymous...

if you send flowers to the new girl and the ex finds out, then the whole build trust thing is thrown out the window. but on a side note "see other people" is a good thing. she didnt say it couldnt be one of her friends. lol. pimp it up sir, pimp it up.

i didnt read anything of this thread except a few of the begining posts

dont give the new girl roses, especially if they are annymous, like i believe tease said you might as well not even bother if she dont know who they are from...another note, your fucked up for trying to get with a girl one of your friends has been with and your other friend is fucked up for possibly liking her, just personal opinion but to me that shows you dont really respect your friends all that much, its obvious you dont respect your ex that you been with for 4 years if you broke it off because you wanted to expierience other girls because "they be lookin to good", you threw out 4 years because of that...thats just stupid, you fucked up bad, but then again maybe you should get the new girl roses because any normal girl with self respect would never get back with someone who dissed um after such a long time, after talking about marriage, just because other girls be looking to good

no offense but your love life gets the "http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb/icons/icon27.gif'> " icon

Originally posted by Daze One Million

i didnt read anything of this thread except a few of the begining posts

dont give the new girl roses, especially if they are annymous, like i believe tease said you might as well not even bother if she dont know who they are from...another note, your fucked up for trying to get with a girl one of your friends has been with and your other friend is fucked up for possibly liking her, just personal opinion but to me that shows you dont really respect your friends all that much, its obvious you dont respect your ex that you been with for 4 years if you broke it off because you wanted to expierience other girls because "they be lookin to good", you threw out 4 years because of that...thats just stupid, you fucked up bad, but then again maybe you should get the new girl roses because any normal girl with self respect would never get back with someone who dissed um after such a long time, after talking about marriage, just because other girls be looking to good

no offense but your love life gets the "http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb/icons/icon27.gif'> " icon

Not a bad harranguing, but on another note, anyone who says that they've had a perfect love life is a liar. How am I suppose to help the way I feel? I'm sure there are others out there that have broken off long term relationships. I'm 21 years old. I'm graduating college. I haven't been single since highschool. I need to figure out who I am, I need to get a life of my own. My ex and I still love eachother, but she has told me that she wants me to see other people, and that she will be doing the same.