vacationing in europe.

imported_dowmagik

well my girlfriend just got a $26,000 settlement cause some shit head smashed into her car and fucked her hip all up. anyways, shes taking me on a vacation around europe this summer. we're definatly going to amsterdam (cause we're both dope-heads) and most likely london and paris. this thread is for the cats who live in europe or have been there...what should we scope out? how cheap can we do this vacation?

dowmagik / pretty much started this thread just to brag

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hostels on the cheap.

go to markets and bakeries for food at least 2 out of 3 meals daily

do as much walking, free bike riding as possible

then budget $175/wk+ per person to vacation comfortably..roughly

the euro is currently bending the dollar over

so don't expect your money to go too far in touristy places like paris and london.

AVOID any and all food and drink places near tourist attractions.

they will rip you.

paris was incredible.

don't forget the louvre.

spain is amazing..if you're all around, you shouldn't miss that or italy...

at least rome..

i reccomend getting lonely planet or rough guide Europe current edition asap and start reading..

www.lonelyplanet.com

get the freakin book!

it's gonna be different ...everywhere!

some hostels have curfews, private rooms, or not, bathrooms, or shared..you have to look into it

this books are only about $30 and between all the maps, tips on where to stay/eat, how to communicate, train info, museum info etc, they're invaluable.

yeah, london is expensive as hell.

im in the middle of planning a summer in europe myself. unfortunately im running into money issues. yet another reason to steal your girl from you.

www.ryanair.com

with that site you can basically afford to go anyplace you want. it's so cheap, its almost obscene. most flights for under 10 euro each way (roughly $12.50 US).

i would highly suggest rome/italy. thats where the bulk of my time will be spent this summer.

the more '1st world' country your in, the more expensive it will be. go out into the middle of no where, or in countries where tourists dont flood to, and it gets silly cheap. i stayed in plenty of super dope hotels in vietnam for $6 a night.

but really dude, you got $26,000 of someone elses money, live it up!

Guest Good Morning Captain
Originally posted by !@#$%

the euro is currently bending the dollar over

so don't expect your money to go too far in touristy places like paris and london.

[/url]

England doesnt use the euro. The euro would be better in fact compared to the pound which seems to fluctuate between $1.60-$1.80 per 1 pound.

London is spensive but its not impossible. Hostels are a good way to go. And I highly recommend filling out the forms at customs to get the VAT tax back (save your receipts). VAT is something like 8% which is like totally crazy and stuff.

Originally posted by dowmagik

well my girlfriend just got a $26,000 settlement cause some shit head smashed into her car and fucked her hip all up. anyways, shes taking me on a vacation around europe this summer. we're definatly going to amsterdam (cause we're both dope-heads) and most likely london and paris. this thread is for the cats who live in europe or have been there...what should we scope out? how cheap can we do this vacation?

dowmagik / pretty much started this thread just to brag

definatly dont forgett to visit the louvre. as for amsterdamn that would be a great time...........go to italy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Good Morning Captain

England doesnt use the euro. The euro would be better in fact compared to the pound which seems to fluctuate between $1.60-$1.80 per 1 pound.

duh.

london holds little allure for me and i haven't been there, i forgot..

IF YOU GO TO EUROPE AND DO NOT VISIT ITALY, SPECIFICALLY CAPRI, I'LL KILL YOU. it's paradise. walk around all day guzzling limoncello and smoking euro cigs and while getting a tan and breezing through designer boutiques and posing for pictures on other people's yachts.

any small island that has gucci, prada, cavalli, lv, valentino, max mara, versace, armani, zegna and others within a mile radius of eachother is heaven on earth.

Purchase guidebooks! Read "Europe through the back door" by Rick Steves before you go and get his guides to everywhere you g. Book your rooms from his reccomendations. Do your homework!

Personally, I didn't think amsterdam was nice at all. You couldn't tell who was there for the drugs and who was there for the sex... Kind of icky.

If you're going to Belgium, go to Brugge and skip Brussels.

Learn french, you'll be happy. Everyone in Holland and Belgium speaks english.

yea i took french for 4 years and learned the easy shit. i wish they took us to france when i was learning it. i would have mastered that language by now!

i like the french. i met a really beautiful boy that sold hair products in saint paul de vence because i was trying to speak french to him. he smiled at me but i think he was thinking i was an idiot. i'm sure of it now.

Originally posted by !@#$%

duh.

london holds little allure for me and i haven't been there, i forgot..

you should go then. London is whats up.

I had a complete fucking blast in London. It was completely bad-ass. As a matter of fact...I hated it when I came back to the states. I came back through Houston and thought it sucked massive, hairy donkey balls.

at this point and time in my life...asia is beginning to hold great interest.

Originally posted by SteveAustin

I had a complete fucking blast in London. It was completely bad-ass. As a matter of fact...I hated it when I came back to the states.

diddo

abc,

word has it we might be around the same parts, around the same time. talk to europe about rolling through rome. shit's gonna be crunk.

if you want to travel for cheap, asia is the way to go. i cant imagine anything being cheaper than asia is.

Originally posted by seeking

abc,

word has it we might be around the same parts, around the same time. talk to europe about rolling through rome. shit's gonna be crunk.

looks like europa's a no go for the summer. although i am planning to head stateside next year, so i will make a point of hunting you and the other 12oz'ers down for some partying and vandalism.

and of course all you ninjas heading to my neighborhood have a comfortable couch (long enough for you 6+ footers too) with your name on it, and some aussie beer in the fridge to consume at your leisure

give us a ring if you come to roma. check out bavaria, its slept on alot. its a beautiful part of germany. small cities are where the funs at. switzerland is dope too, go to basel and float down the rhine. oh and capri is overrated. bologna, padova, genoa are beautiful cities in italy. venice is overrated, stay a day then get the fuck out.

Archived