Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

vacationing in europe.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by imported_dowmagik, Apr 21, 2004.

1. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik Senior Member

well my girlfriend just got a $26,000 settlement cause some shit head smashed into her car and fucked her hip all up. anyways, shes taking me on a vacation around europe this summer. we're definatly going to amsterdam (cause we're both dope-heads) and most likely london and paris. this thread is for the cats who live in europe or have been there...what should we scope out? how cheap can we do this vacation?

dowmagik / pretty much started this thread just to brag

2. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

You bastard.

3. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

thats awesome (the money and not your girl getting fucked up).

you know what you should do? travel all around by train. it doesnt take that long and the sights are just beautiful.

4. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

hostels on the cheap.
    go to markets and bakeries for food at least 2 out of 3 meals daily
    do as much walking, free bike riding as possible

then budget $175/wk+ per person to vacation comfortably..roughly

the euro is currently bending the dollar over
    so don't expect your money to go too far in touristy places like paris and london.

AVOID any and all food and drink places near tourist attractions.
    they will rip you.

paris was incredible.
    don't forget the louvre.
    spain is amazing..if you're all around, you shouldn't miss that or italy...
    at least rome..

i reccomend getting lonely planet or rough guide Europe current edition asap and start reading..

www.lonelyplanet.com

5. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik Senior Member

roughly, how much does it cost to stay a night in a hostel? as long as we can hump and not be disturbed we dont really care how fancy the place is.

6. !@#$%

get the freakin book!

it's gonna be different ...everywhere!

some hostels have curfews, private rooms, or not, bathrooms, or shared..you have to look into it
    this books are only about $30 and between all the maps, tips on where to stay/eat, how to communicate, train info, museum info etc, they're invaluable.

7. Fabo 2

Fabo 2 Member

coming to london will just eat your money away. Don't expect it to last long.

8. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

yeah, london is expensive as hell.

im in the middle of planning a summer in europe myself. unfortunately im running into money issues. yet another reason to steal your girl from you.

www.ryanair.com
    with that site you can basically afford to go anyplace you want. it's so cheap, its almost obscene. most flights for under 10 euro each way (roughly $12.50 US).

i would highly suggest rome/italy. thats where the bulk of my time will be spent this summer.

the more '1st world' country your in, the more expensive it will be. go out into the middle of no where, or in countries where tourists dont flood to, and it gets silly cheap. i stayed in plenty of super dope hotels in vietnam for $6 a night.

but really dude, you got $26,000 of someone elses money, live it up!

9. England doesnt use the euro. The euro would be better in fact compared to the pound which seems to fluctuate between $1.60-$1.80 per 1 pound.

London is spensive but its not impossible. Hostels are a good way to go. And I highly recommend filling out the forms at customs to get the VAT tax back (save your receipts). VAT is something like 8% which is like totally crazy and stuff.

10. MANIK DEK

MANIK DEK Member

definatly dont forgett to visit the louvre. as for amsterdamn that would be a great time...........go to italy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. !@#$%

duh.
    london holds little allure for me and i haven't been there, i forgot..

12. DR+DELUSION

DR+DELUSION Member

IF YOU GO TO EUROPE AND DO NOT VISIT ITALY, SPECIFICALLY CAPRI, I'LL KILL YOU. it's paradise. walk around all day guzzling limoncello and smoking euro cigs and while getting a tan and breezing through designer boutiques and posing for pictures on other people's yachts.

any small island that has gucci, prada, cavalli, lv, valentino, max mara, versace, armani, zegna and others within a mile radius of eachother is heaven on earth.

13. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

Purchase guidebooks! Read "Europe through the back door" by Rick Steves before you go and get his guides to everywhere you g. Book your rooms from his reccomendations. Do your homework!

Personally, I didn't think amsterdam was nice at all. You couldn't tell who was there for the drugs and who was there for the sex... Kind of icky.

If you're going to Belgium, go to Brugge and skip Brussels.

Learn french, you'll be happy. Everyone in Holland and Belgium speaks english.

14. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

^^learn french. even if its the easy words to get by on, they'll like you better.

go to italy too, its one of my fave places in the world.

15. !@#$%

^yeah

or at least try.
    the frenchies were way cooler than everyone claims..
    i massacred their language, but they seemed pleased i was at least attempting.