V

the_gooch

V

anyone remember that show. the lizard aliens invade earth disguised as humans??

that show was one of the best to come out of the 80's!

i just got done watching it on starz, and they are showing a shit load more....awesome

and i just dug this up

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Twenty years after NBC's hit sci-fi miniseries "V" invaded the small screen, the network is bringing the aliens back with "V: The Second Generation," a three-hour TV movie from the original creator Kenneth Johnson.

Johnson, who wrote, directed and produced the original miniseries, is set to write, direct and executive produce the sequel, which has been given a script commitment.

The 1983 "V" (short for Visitors), which spawned a short-lived weekly series on NBC, was a sci-fi allegory of the Nazi takeover of Germany in the 1930s.

It centered on the Visitors, aliens from a distant planet who came to Earth with the promise to solve the world's problems through their high technology, but after gaining control of the planet through subterfuge and media manipulation, began to methodically kill their hosts.

A small group of humans, who discovered the Visitors' true plan -- to conquer the Earth and eat its population -- form a resistance and lead the fight against the invaders.

The new movie, produced by Warner Bros. TV and Kenneth Johnson Prods., will take place 20 years into the future. As the alien forces are turning more and more Earth citizens into followers, the resistance suddenly gains a powerful and mysterious new ally.

Several cast members of the miniseries and the weekly series, including Marc Singer, Faye Grant, Jane Badler and Robert Englund, could reprise their roles in the telefilm if it goes into production.

"For years I've had a passion to dig even deeper into the characters and circumstances," Johnson said. "Gregg Maday at Warner Bros., my fellow executive producer Rob Lee, NBC and I plan to make this new 'V' into the same kind of major international TV event that my original miniseries was."

The conclusion of the original mini in May 1983 was the top program for the week, averaging a 27 household rating/40 share. Additionally, "V" enjoyed solid success overseas. Twenty years later, the miniseries continues to be a strong draw as its recent DVD release has quickly become a hot seller, with more than 250,000 units shipped.

"The appeal of 'V' continues, and we look forward to getting a new script that could introduce it to a new generation of viewers," said Jeff Gaspin, NBC Entertainment executive VP alternative series, longform and Bravo. "Likewise, we would like to move the story forward with a fresh take on this timeless story of human resilience and resistance."

http://www.scifi2k.com/v_series/v_series.html

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I watched that show a little.... back in 9th grade I wrote a song about a kid I knew being one of those aliens... later, he moved and I lived in his house, it was big and cool... his dad was a kookass landlord... the kid also was really into Midnight Oil in 1985-6.

He was an allright kid I guess but he looked like Robert Englund (who is also Freddy Kreuger... but not OUR Freedy Krueger)...

Originally posted by the_gooch

and robert englund was also in V ( i am a loser with useless info)

riiight... that's why I mentioned it... and, uh.. it also says it in your article up there... but I knew it too... so... I guess we're even...