Useless Information Part 2

Hermdog

The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as a substitute for blood plasma.

No piece of paper can be folded in half more than seven (7) times.

Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.

You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.

Oak trees do not produce acorns until they are fifty (50) years of age or older.

The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's gum.

The king of hearts is the only king without a mustache.

American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one (1) olive from each salad served in first-class.

Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.

Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.

Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.

The first owner of the Marlboro Company died of lung cancer.

So did the first "Marlboro Man."

Walt Disney was afraid of mice.

Pearls melt in vinegar.

The three most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.

It is possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.

A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.

Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least six (6) feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.

Richard Millhouse Nixon was the first U.S. president whose name contains all the letters from the word "criminal." The second? (William Jefferson Clinton)

Turtles can breathe through their backside.

More Useless Info.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by boogie hands@May 19 2005, 02:51 PM

today is an especially boring day at work.....im actually thinking of closing the door to my office and taking a power nap.

...i close my office door everyday and tell everyone i'm on a conference call...they think i'm really important...

Originally posted by porque+May 20 2005, 03:17 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porque - May 20 2005, 03:17 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-boogie hands@May 19 2005, 02:51 PM

today is an especially boring day at work.....im actually thinking of closing the door to my office and taking a power nap.

...i close my office door everyday and tell everyone i'm on a conference call...they think i'm really important...

[/b]

:haha:

American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one (1) olive from each salad served in first-class.

imagine what they saved when the cancelled economy meals!

Originally posted by Hermdog@May 19 2005, 12:46 PM

The three most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.

More Useless Info.

I've always gone with Coke before Pepsi and considered Poopsi a Limp Bizkit character flaw. I figured 'Hey, Coke put cocaine in their drink and that's evil. Well, I'm in support of all things evil so it's only fitting I enjoy Coke." Coke and I were meant to be together.

The fucked up thing is I've only been an AVID supported of Coca-Cola since one of my teachers showed us this "Coke Colonization" documentary back in highschool. Basically it broke down how Coke is slowly taking over the world and replacing 'national beverages' from Japan to the UK to France. It even went as far as to show that there are Coke machines at random spots throughout the Rain Forests and that Coke controls about 41% of the ENTIRE (water, tea, alcohol, etc...) beverage industry. I remember (up until then) being young, dumb, and almost giving a fuck about "socio-economic corporate injustices" and other shit that I'm way too small and hardwired to western culture to ever begin to change.

At that point I decided that when the 4th Reich comes and the Nazis take over the globe Coca-Cola will be visual mantra of the new red scare and Marlboro the new Iron (lung) Curtain. All I know is that when this shit goes down I'll have rotten lungs and a deteriorated stomach lining to proove I've been an in line since before shit hit the fan... and that makes me feel pretty damn alright.

Now that I've seen this I'm left with only one option:

Start drinking more Budweiser.

Guest KING BLING

These may or may not be true...

Cows dream when the sleep...but only when they are sleeping lying down

The original reason that we hit our glasses together when we do a toast is from the time of kings in Europe. Kings and important people would hit glasses together and make liquids spill into each others cups making it so that no one at the table would poison another or else they might poison themselves...

Murderer John Horwood was hanged on April 13, 1821. His skin was used to bind a book describing the dissection of his body by surgeon Richard Smith.

When blind cellarmaster Dom Perignon discovered Champagne in 1668, he said, "Oh, come quickly. I am drinking the stars."

During the bubonic plague of London, the city was sealed off to avoid contamination. This meant no food was permitted in. The only people willing to trade with London were the Dutch, who left food on jetties and then would take the money left there. They used to steel their nerves with liquor before landing on the plague-infested shores, hence "Dutch courage." To this day, the Dutch still have the freedom of the river Thames, which was granted as a reward for their courage and kindness.

First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt ate three chocolate-covered garlic balls every morning. Her doctor recommended this to improve her memory

Lake Baikal in Siberia is the only lake in the world that is deep enough to have deep-sea fish.

When Russian men engage in conversation, the distance between the two is typically about ten inches. This is considered a comfortable proximity; American men, on the other hand, consider something closer to two feet as preferable.

After his infamous 1997 ear-biting attack on Evander Holyfield, the Hollywood Wax Museum moved boxer Mike Tyson's figure to the Chamber of Horrors – next to the figure of Dr. Hannibal Lecter (from The Silence of the Lambs).

When thirsty, a camel can swig down 25 gallons of water in less than three minutes.

Originally posted by Hermdog@May 19 2005, 05:46 PM

No piece of paper can be folded in half more than seven (7) times.

I read somewhere that if you COULD fold a piece of standard paper 50 times then it would reach to the moon and back.

I started doing the calculations but got bored. I have the sum sheet on my desk still so i'm gonna try work it out. Results soon!

Lincoln - Kennedy coincidences

1) Lincoln was elected in 1860, Kennedy in 1960, 100 years apart

2) Both men were deeply involved in civil rights for African Americans.

3) Both men were assassinated on a Friday, in the presence of

their wives.

4) Each wife had lost a child while living at the White House.

5) Both men were killed by a bullet that entered the head from behind.

6) Lincoln was killed in Ford's Theater. Kennedy met his death while riding in a Lincoln convertible made by the Ford Motor Company.

7) Both men were succeeded by vice-presidents named Johnson who were southern Democrats and former senators.

8) Andrew Johnson was born in 1808. Lyndon Johnson was born in 1908, exactly one hundred years later.

9) The first name of Lincoln's private secretary was John, the last name of Kennedy's private secretary was Lincoln.

10) John Wilkes Booth was born in 1839 [according to some sources] Lee Harvey Oswald was born in 1939, one hundred years later.

11) Both assassins were Southerners who held extremist views.

12) Both assassins were murdered before they could be brought to trial.

13) Booth shot Lincoln in a theater and fled to a warehouse. Oswald shot Kennedy from a warehouse and fled to a theater.

14) LlNCOLN and KENNEDY each has 7 letters.

15) ANDREW JOHNSON and LYNDON JOHNSON each has 13 letters.

16) JOHN WlLKES BOOTH and LEE HARVEY OSWALD each has 15 letters.

17) A Licoln staffer Miss Kennedy told him not to go to the Theater. A Kennedy staffer Miss Lincoln, told him not to go to Dallas.