USA, corporate mentalities, Osama, Patriotism etc.....

Guest .,.,.,

I like the way a lot of writers think, so I'm starting this thread as a nice little discussion of our collective thoughts on the matters aforementioned.

My thoughts -- feel free to dispute, support, or make fun of at will:

The USA

Ignorance is bliss, all the way. Most Americans (including blacks and other minorities) are parading around right now with flags dangling from their car antennas singing "God Bless America" on their way to Wal Mart .. ???.. Has everyone become so brainwashed that they've forgotten the brutal genocide our "free" nation was founded on, the unnacceptable years of slavery, the bullshit wars we've waged (and still do), and our selfish foreign policies (just to name a few proud moments in U.S. History). Or is everyone just wearing self-imposed blindfolds and enjoying a state of denial in an attempt to "move forward"? Yeah, yeah, yeah, the slave trade is over and vietnam is finished, but does this mean we ignore our past and refuse to accept responsibility -- as a nation -- for our government's actions? And I'll simply have none of this "we have it pretty good here" bullshit. So what. That doesn't excuse any existing issues whatsoever. Right now I see a whole bunch of bullshit piling up and a sea of ignorant Americans swimming in it. We should be questioning authority at this point, not blindly following it.

And what's with all this pro-Bush bullshit all of the sudden? This is the same G.W. that's been around for years -- coke-snorting, drunk-driving, oil money in his left pocket/drug money in his right, spoiled little brat. He's spearheading the invasion of one of the poorest nations on the planet right now, all in the pursuit of ONE individual -- am I the only one who smells a dirty fucking rat?

-- R.I.P. James Hatfield for that matter.

Corporate America

Yes there's currently other issues at hand, but the world don't stop spinnin'. Starbucks is still teaching the rest of the planet about "cannibalization". "Super-stores" are still shutting down local businesses and advancing on the consumer with fully-exposed teeth. Free trade is still deteriorating. CEO's and Vice Chairs still have their hands in the government's pockets. And you can bet your ass that corporate America is playing a part in what's going on globally. We should definitely keep our heads out of our asses right now because we are in a vulnerable state, and advantage WILL be taken in one way or another.

That's all for now ..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest BROWNer

there's no doubt there's alot of weird ass unrational shit in this world...like...

bush giving the taliban $43 million only 6-7 months ago....either the

bush administration's veterans of world affairs are some ignorant people, or

there's more to it than trying to stomp out opium prodo...i mean.....who would ever in their right mind think that the taliban, who came into power and do anything they want with violence and intimidation,

would need a whole wad of money to instill their will over

anyone in afghanistan?

the US loves to play footsies.

I LOVE THIS KINDA STUF.

SINCE WORLD WAR 2 THE US HAS INVESTED 9.6 BILLION INTO EUROPE AND RECIEVED ABOUT 3.2 BILLION BACK. THEYVE INVESTED 5.8 BILLION IN AFRICA AND RECIEVED 13.9 BACK. THEYVE INVESTED 2.5 BILLION IN LATIN AMERICA AND RECIEVED 9.7 BILLION BACK

NUFF SAID

CORPORATE AMERICA and the USA

McDonalds dammit, McDonalds. I just finished reading Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser (a book a highly reccomend) and it opened my eyes to whats really going on behind the happy, shining exterior of the McDonalds corporation. McDonalds is homogenizing cultures all over the world. It is spreading the american fast-food mentality overeas, and contributing to obesity wherever it goes. They are feeding unhealthy, chemically flavored meat with cow shit in it (yes, a high percentage of the meat has SHIT in it) to people all over the world. They dont allow labor unions, they pay minimum wage, and they are trying to make their restaurants so that no training at all is required for new employees. And some things that go on in the meatpacking industry today are atrocious....I could go on and on about how they are fucking up america but I think people should just read up.....but the only way things will improve is if the population takes action, and refuses to buy from the giant corporations like Mcdonalds and Starbucks.....they will change how they do things if the population forces them too...but you know what? people are too stupid. the common mentality is "how can i, one person, make any difference?" Thats the opposite of the mentality that will help america mend it ways. Sure we may "have it pretty good here" but at what cost? The american people are stupid (but happy) ignorant fucks who will be happy with the shit corporations and the media throw at us a long as its all dolled up and pleasing to the senses. We eat our tasty, cheap SHITburgers at McDonalds, then go watch our mindless TV programs, then go to school and talk about the new Britney Spears CD. Now it is true that a damn lot of americans aren't this stupid, and they see through the bullshit, but way too many are caught up in the crap and live a pointless, unenlightened drab existence that they've been conditioned to accept as the way things are and should be........and another thing, the terrorist crap has brought out the worst in america. sure, people are united as one, but under many of the wrong causes. Why the fuck does everyone love bush all of a sudden? personally, i found most of the speeches he made after 9-11 to leave me shocked with how fucking inane they were, but at the same time i knew that hundreds of thousands of americans were watching, blinded by patriotism and hypnotized by images of the american flag, and thinking "what a great president" *sniff* .......and now they're chopping away at our civil liberties, under the guise of a "war on terrorism"...the government has been transforming america from the "land of the free" into the "land of the safe." what ever happened to quality of life, not quantity? do we need all these new airplane safety regulations? no.....im getting tired of typing this and i keep losing my train of thought, so i have one thing left to bitch about.....those new ID cards that have been proposed. fingerprints, personal information, must be carried at all times? WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT? Personally I'd rather have a free, daring society, than a safe, cautious one....blehg i probably strayed from the subject....but this i a good topic, im looking forward to reading other people's opinions.

thought that this had a little to do with the fact that fascist Germany is about 2 steps away. ill type more.

Militia leader killed, deputy wounded during attemped arrest http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?id=1...5&article=11021

Associated Press/The Arizona Republic Nov. 06, 2001 12:20:00

EAGAR - A national leader of the militia movement has been killed and an

Apache County sheriff's deputy wounded in a shootout, authorities said.

William Milton Cooper, 58, of Eager, had hosted a talk show broadcast on

the Worldwide Christian Radio out of Nashville, which receives it via

phone from his home in St. Johns. He had millions of listeners

worldwide, including Timothy McVeigh.

The deputy, whose name was being withheld by authorities, was shot twice

in the head while trying to arrest Cooper, a state Department of Public

afety spokesman said today. Cooper was killed by another officer.

Several deputies were attempting to arrest Cooper, who was armed with a

handgun, said Officer Steve Volden, a spokesman for the DPS, which was

investigating the shooting.

He said details of the shooting would be released later today.

The deputy was in critical condition at a Phoenix hospital early today,

Volden said.

Cooper was one of the most widely known prophets of the "patriot

movement," railing at the federal government and talking of doomsday

omens in his radio broadcast.

McVeigh, who was executed in May for the bombing of the federal building

in Oklahoma City, listened to Cooper's broadcasts for inspiration,

according to testimony by James Nichols, brother of Oklahoma

bombing co-defendant Terry Nichols during a 1996 pretrial hearing.

Like some other patriot leaders, Cooper refused to get a driver's

license or pay federal income taxes, saying he is willing to risk

getting ticketed and has found a legal way to avoid the taxes.

The patriot movement grew during the 1990s, fed by a series of news

events - the siege of Randy Weaver in Idaho, the raid on the Branch

Davidians near Waco, Texas and the signing of gun-control laws

Originally posted by boxcarwilly

thought that this had a little to do with the fact that fascist Germany is about 2 steps away. ill type more.

Militia leader killed, deputy wounded during attemped arrest http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?id=1...5&article=11021

Associated Press/The Arizona Republic Nov. 06, 2001 12:20:00

EAGAR - A national leader of the militia movement has been killed and an

Apache County sheriff's deputy wounded in a shootout, authorities said.

William Milton Cooper, 58, of Eager, had hosted a talk show broadcast on

the Worldwide Christian Radio out of Nashville, which receives it via

phone from his home in St. Johns. He had millions of listeners

worldwide, including Timothy McVeigh.

The deputy, whose name was being withheld by authorities, was shot twice

in the head while trying to arrest Cooper, a state Department of Public

afety spokesman said today. Cooper was killed by another officer.

Several deputies were attempting to arrest Cooper, who was armed with a

handgun, said Officer Steve Volden, a spokesman for the DPS, which was

investigating the shooting.

He said details of the shooting would be released later today.

The deputy was in critical condition at a Phoenix hospital early today,

Volden said.

Cooper was one of the most widely known prophets of the "patriot

movement," railing at the federal government and talking of doomsday

omens in his radio broadcast.

McVeigh, who was executed in May for the bombing of the federal building

in Oklahoma City, listened to Cooper's broadcasts for inspiration,

according to testimony by James Nichols, brother of Oklahoma

bombing co-defendant Terry Nichols during a 1996 pretrial hearing.

Like some other patriot leaders, Cooper refused to get a driver's

license or pay federal income taxes, saying he is willing to risk

getting ticketed and has found a legal way to avoid the taxes.

The patriot movement grew during the 1990s, fed by a series of news

events - the siege of Randy Weaver in Idaho, the raid on the Branch

Davidians near Waco, Texas and the signing of gun-control laws

ive read a bit on the nazi germany stuff, would you care to drop a little more info on it if you wouldnt mind? id like toknow more, or where to find out more on this. thanks.

ALL I DO IS READ UP ON THIS STUFF CUZ I WORK WIT AT RISK YOUTH SO I TRY TO ENLIGHTEN THEM OUT OF THE SYSTEM MADE FOR THEM. OVER 3/4 OF GRAIN IN THE US IS USED TO FEED CATTLE, 1/3 OF THE WORLD'S GRAIN YET MILLIONS ARE STARVED TO DEATH EVERY YEAR. IT TAKES 2500 GALLONS TO PRODUCE A COW THAT'LL FEED 10 BUT IT TAKES 25 GALLONS TO PRODUCE ENOUGH WHEAT TO FEED 10. AMERICANS AND EUROPEANS CONSUME 4/5THS OF ALL MEAT IN THE WORLD. ONCE AGAIN WESTERN(WHITE AND WEALTHY) PEOPLE ARE BENEFITTING FROM THE DEATH OF THE BROWN MAN. SO MANY PEOPLE SAY THAT THE US AND EUROPE GIVE SO MUCH AID TO OTHERS BUT FUCK THAT, ALMOST ALL THE WESTERN CIVILIZATION WEALTH ACCUMULATED OVER THE PAST 500 YEARS WAS FROM STEALIN LAND AND PRODUCTS FROM NOW 3RD WORLD COUNTRIES AND FROM SLAVERY. COLONIZATION STOLE ALL THIS SHIT AND WHEN THE PEOPLE KICKED OUT THEM THEY LEFT NO INFRASTRUCTURE LEAVING THESE COUNTRIES IN A STATE OF SHIT. SO FUCK THAT, IF DARK PEOPLE ACROSS THE GLOBE TOOK BACK WHAT WAS STOLEN THE BASIS OF THE WEST WOULD FALL APART. THESE STOLEN RICHES ARE ALREADY BEEN SQUANDERED I.E. ENGLAND AND SPAIN. ABOVE THAT THE SYSTEM OF SLAVERY IS CONTINUED BY THE GLOBALIZATION OF WORLD ECONOMY. BIG COMPANIES MOVE FACTORIES TO 3RD WORLD COUNTRIES TO EXPLOIT THE CHEAP LABOR AND GREED OF GOVERNMENTS WHO ARE CORRUPT, LIKE OUR OWN( LOOK UP SUBSIDIES AND LOBBYING). MOST DONT GIVE A SHIT BUT THIS AFFECTS US ALL. AMERICANS LOSE JOBS AND AMERICANS LOSE WORK, YOUD THINK THE WORKERS OF 3RD WORLD COUNTRIES BENEFIT BUT THEY ARE PAID SHIT SO THEY BARELY GET BY. THE ONLY ONES WHO WIN ARE THE SUPERICH, WHO MAKE THE PROFITS AND ARE THE ONLY GROUP OF PEOPLE WHOSE LIVES HAVE BEEN IMPROVING FOR THE PAST 50 YEARS. EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS COUNTRY IS GETTIN POORER. WHO DO YOU THINK GEORGE B AND THE REST OF THE GOVERNMENT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE AVERAGE AMERICAN THAN LOOK AT THEIR HANDLING OF WORKER RIGHT BILLS COMPARED TO BILLS THAT HELP LARGE CORPORATIONS.

ECONOMIC GROWTH=CORPORATE PROFIT

SUBSIDY=CORPORATE WELFARE

ECONOMIC GLOBALIZATION=COPORATE GLOBAL DOMINATION

SEE HOW MUCH BUSH LOVES TO USE THESE WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOLEN LAND

Nice comments.

Fuck Mcdonald's INDEED.

And about the Taliban ..

Something I think a lot of people outside of Afghanistan don't realize is that, in spite of all the horrible things the Taliban is responsible for (none of which should be considered 'excusable'), shit was much worse in that country before they took hold. When the Russian invasion was finally halted, and foreign military assistance left the country, the Afghani people were basically left on their own with no structured gov't to continue forward with, and guerilla soldiers -- armed to the teeth with weapons they had been accumulating from the U.S. -- assumed a chaotic and violent control over the area. Horrifying acts of public violence and rape were, for a while, commonplace under the guerilla's make-shift "gov't". When the Taliban gained control, this near-anarchy ended and their strict control took it's place, leaving the guerilla's pretty pissed off.

Right now, the "Northern Alliance" (or "freedom fighters", as they've been dubbed by the U.S. media) is made up of those same rebel guerilla's responsible for the previous gov't, who actually seek to regain power -- and we're helping them.

Once again, the media is filtering out the truth and spoonfeeding the Americans what they want to hear. Television and News is, after all, a series of corporate assets, easily controlled and manipulated by Washington-friendly "b(p)ig-wigs" (many of whom have close ties to the Bush Administration).

I only skimmed this thread so far and I need to read it, but from what I've picked up so far, all I can say is it's nice to know I'm not the only one.

There's this inherent connection between the sub-culture (punk rock, hip hop, graff, skateboarding, and so on... take your pick) and a distaste for the American status quo. Wether it comes down to the desire for free expression in a free space, the public art argument, or simply saying "fuck, i'm out to destroy..." it's all an antiestablishment act.

Strange how all these sub-culture activities could also been seen as escapist behaviors... fuck, I'm an english major, not psychology... any thoughts?

What really sucks though is being this way and having a family that is all-american. My dad's a firefighter, has been for 25+ years, and he knew lots of guys who died in the WTC fiasco... now, am I horrible to have the "America fucked them so it's only expected that they fuck us... and that's OK" mentality (as opposed to the "nuke those A-rab fuckers!" mentality)... what to do, what to do?

Bump this chump.

Guest dukeofyork

while i like my country and am proud to be an american, i am starting to get worried about how patriotic everything is becoming...

im hearing remixes of songs on the radio nonstop...we're not gonna take it (with g w bush on the track) hit em up style (by blu cantrell, but the remix is blow you up style i think, talking about osama..), petey pablo's raise up with the chorus being USA...come on and raise up, take the flag...put it in the air...spin it like a helicopter...

anyway, this shits really starting to bother me. dont get me wrong, id fight and die for my country because of what a small group of people did to countless numbers of americans in new york, but there is a lot of blind patriotism running rampant. the taliban is also trying their best to exploit the sad truth that in wars innocent people die with their daily reports of civilians being killed in air raids.

arghh...im at work, too much on my mind...

...and esai may i make a suggestion for you...turn of the caps lock dood...all caps by far is the worst font and has been proven to not only be displeasing to the eye but more importantly much harder to read and retain...whats the point? well your message isnt read...which defeats the point in posting and im thinking you have something to say...but i cant bother with it...it looks like a blob....rOe

A few things..as fucked up as it is..I actually own stock in McDonalds.That is fucked, huh?...A real contradiction.The motto INFLITRATE AND BETRAY comes to mind.In the meantime I etch certain windows...hmm..Anyhow...they are aiding me in furthering my agenda.We are all trapped into it one way or another.

Operation Paperclip- Was a operation to smuggle the Nazi's party memebers, scientists, intelligence agents, and information into the US by the US govt. We in turn used all of this info to establish the CIA, and develop and use a lot of their techniques for mind control, psyops, etc.These ex-nazi's were prominient people inthe US and lived in luxury, while providing the US with the tools to learn some nifty tools.

The Illuminati- look into it...understand who really runs things..money..wealth...bloodlines dating back thousands of years...are still controlling the planet..beleive it or not..study the lines of history,,of empires,,,and it all becomes a bit clearer.

The United Nations- Who are they, what are their goals? Globalization is a reality...biometric cameras, national ID cards, the anti-"terrorism" bill that allows them to snoop on anyone freely, should be a big 1984 WAKE UP CALL....

Population Control....genetically designed diseases that will cater to specific DNA strands...certain races; groups etc...

Gun Control- All of the legislation that gets passed after supposed "lone nuts"- an alias for MIND CONTROLLED ROBOTS, is designed to shock the public into volunteering any weapons that would be used in resistance to the STATE.

These things aren't fantasy..this is the real deal behind the scenes...there are factions within the world that got big plans...big plans...and we are witnessing te struggles of them...

ORDO AB CHAO.

Homeland Security Agency- "May I see your papers"...", oh, you left them at home?!...You are coming with us!"...."suspicious behavior...you may now be detained for no reason at all..for an indetermined amount of time.....

Patriotism- Is standing up for the people, not the agendas of a government that is eroding all of our civil liberties, and is letting UN planes patrol our coasts.

Osama-harvey-sirhan-mcveigh-been framed, ladden----- is hiding far away and will not be found anytime soon.Welcome toour new vietnam, where we are there to clean the land and ready it for a new oil pipeline, and insure the opium trade continues to fund covert black-ops.

....I am done now....

being a writer, I am automatically against the company line...yes, it feels good...really good.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Survival of the fittest is a brutal, immoral, and unforgiving concept. But it's the way the world runs. Beer,

El Mamerro

Originally posted by mental invalid

"Ignorance is bliss"

yeah so is hindsight...you have to take a better picture, a more global perspective and historical perspective when making an arguement...just a suggestion

Criticism appreciated. I can see how my opening statements there might have come across pretty one-sided, but my intention was such -- just a bit about internal affairs & their greater effects.

On the other hand, I would definitely disagree that hindsight is bliss. If anything, I think it's fairly disturbing, but would settle for "20-20".

What's your personal steez invalid, i'm curious for sure ... ?

Invalid -- (it sounds funny refering to someone as "Invalid" -- only on 12oz!) ..

You know, I tend to agree with you. Although I think -- and I'll take a historical & global perspective on this -- there's never been a light. Trace history back and you'll see, in different languages, times, and places, a repetition of everything "bad" that's happening right now -- in many cases much worse. Corrupt leaders, wealthy bastards, imperfect governing bodies, crime, injustice etc... To look at it one way, it almost seems self-defeating to be critical or make an attempt at any type of "progress" whatsoever, since history is certain to repeat itself.

But, nonetheless, I just can't find the tolerance to accept this reality, and neither have a good deal of people throughout history. There may not be a light, but trying to find it makes life worth living in the first place -- at least for my pompous ass.

*Oh, and for the critics of criticism -- this is just a little message board, nothing more than opinions ....

good lookin out on the cap locks invalid. I saw my stepdad and a gang of asian, black and latinos wearing shirts wit the american flag on it. like rass kass said its like jews holding up a flag of the swastika, saluting a country that opressess you and puts you in a subservient role is bullshit,

1. The united states is viewed throught out the world as the real terrorist, the war that waged in my country (El Salvador) for 12 years was funded by the United states, they gave money to the military but they also encouraged the guerilla forces to attack military instalations. They united states takes other countries and holds them in the palm of their hand then ther crush them when they need to, in the case of my country like so many others throughout the world they were just playing a game to see how much time it would take for us to destroy ourselves.

2. I like the u.s cuz of it's got dope cable channels like discovery and history channel but i dont like the government, i dont agree with the crashes that happened on sep 11, but the u.s does this constantly with bombs throughout the world and dosent give a rat shit about the thousands of people that die when they are only trying to get a few. The u.s got what it deserved.

3. i hate people that say go back to your own country when i have as much right to be here on this piece of dirt as the next pilgrim. also any writers that feel that they are rambo and want to go straight out and frontline the war on the world fighting for dear amerikkka......fuck you.....you paint on property, you deface this great nation.

4. U.s has lost all morality....Madonna is viewed as a great woman because she made all women act themselves and made it so even a girl wants sex.......in other words she made the whole nation of women think that it's okay to be a whore, lets thank her for the high pregnancy rate of teenagers..........im not saying that it's only america that has low morals but it's the one country that is viewed by the whole world........

5.......ill rant later on, if you dont agree with me i dont care.....i have to go poop

Archived