US 'may delay vote if attacked'

heavyLox

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3885663.stm

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40332000/jpg/_40332221_bush_203ap.jpg'>

The Bush administration is reported to be investigating the possibility of postponing the presidential election in the event of a terror attack.

US counter-terrorism officials are examining what steps would be needed to permit a delay, Newsweek reports.

Homeland Security chief Tom Ridge last week warned al-Qaeda was planning to attack the US to disrupt the poll but conceded he had no precise information.

A senior Democrat in Congress has said talk of postponement is "excessive".

----------------------------------------------------------

i havent heard to much of this talk yet. The idea of being able to cancel/postpone elections seems like more patriot act BS, maybe okay immediatlely but really scary in the long run.

------------------------------------------------------

Abraham Lincoln was urged by some aides to suspend the election of 1864 - during the US Civil War - but despite the expectation that he would lose, he refused.

"The election is a necessity," Lincoln said. "We cannot have a free government without elections; and if the rebellion could force us to forgo, or postpone, a national election, it might fairly claim to have already conquered us."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

coongratulations Al-Qaeda.

you have successfully destroyed american government as it's people knew it.

fucking fear tactics.

they can't even protect american elections.

no wonder no one trusts us to protect afghanistan's , or iraq's..

we undermine the democratic election results of venezuela because bushie didn't like the results..oh, just like u.s. 2000.

we're all fucked.

whatever happend to '....or the terrorists have won'?

you know:

I wont give up my SUV or the terrorists have won.

I wont register my gun or the terrorists have won

you know all that bullshit.

how about:

I wont give up the ellection or the terrorists have really won.

-----------------

on the positive side..... pulling shit like this can only hurt bush in the polls.

this is just foreshadowing for when Bush makes a fake 'al quaida' attack in order to extend his run as president...because he knows he can't legitimately win. he'll then restructure the election process so that he remains dictator...er I mean president. If we have elections...then al quaida wins....right?

register to vote and excercise that right people.

on Immortal Technique's Revolutionary Vol.2

Mumia gives a great little spech

that points out some of our times' greatest oxymorons

military intelligence

homeland security

U.S. department of justice.

hellsgyeah.

here's an idea for any terrorists that might be reading this:

How about you attack Dubya himself if he's the one you have the problem with and leave evreyone else out of it.

BBC article on possible delay of elections.

The last line:

Abraham Lincoln was urged by some aides to suspend the election of 1864 - during the US Civil War - but despite the expectation that he would lose, he refused.

"The election is a necessity," Lincoln said. "We cannot have a free government without elections; and if the rebellion could force us to forgo, or postpone, a national election, it might fairly claim to have already conquered us."

Originally posted by SteveAustin

this is just foreshadowing for when Bush makes a fake 'al quaida' attack in order to extend his run as president...because he knows he can't legitimately win. he'll then restructure the election process so that he remains dictator...er I mean president. If we have elections...then al quaida wins....right?

register to vote and excercise that right people.

he didn't legitimately win the first time...

the electoral college is a fucking joke...

Archived