upcoming movie thread

DETO

this will be for the movie nerds of channel zero to post information on upcoming movies that you are excited about, heard about, got some "inside" information about, got some teasers or spoilers, or whatever pertaining to upcoming movies.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Robert Rodriguez has started work on SIN CITY 2, which will be based on the Frank Miller book "A Dame to Kill For." The film would follow Clive Owen's character Dwight and would also feature repeat performances by Mickey Rourke and Michael Clarke Duncan (among others). It would follow Dwight's life (prior to the events in the SIN CITY film) when a former girlfriend Ava shows up looking for love and some protection from Manute (Duncan). Rodriguez said at the Cannes Film Festival, according to the BBC, that "work had already started on a sequel...and would feature many of the same characters." As we originally reported, the plan was to film two SIN CITY sequels back-to-back but it's unclear whether that's still the plan. Frank Miller will still be intimately involved with any sequel. What exact work had been started remains to be seen but there's got to be some FX tests going on for the film. Rodriguez is also attached to direct CONAN and whether he'll film that after SIN CITY 2 or try and work on them concurrently hasn't yet been revealed.

I hear that theyre going to make a prequel to the "texas chainsaw massacre" im not too sure but i think its suppose to revolve around that weird hillbilly community that "leatherface" lives in.

Some movies that are in the works that im interested in:

Die Hard 4

Indiana Jones 4(i wanna see how theyre going to do this)

Movies that im not looking forward to:

RockyVI(come on now rocky V was fucking bunk, just let apollo rest in peace)

Scary Movie 4, not another one...

Originally posted by fatalist+May 24 2005, 03:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fatalist - May 24 2005, 03:35 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Mr. ABC@May 24 2005, 05:19 AM

war of the worlds & willy wonka are the only two i'm looking forward to at this stage

WORD UP! but i'm adding "The lion, witch and the wardrobe."

[/b]

hellz yeah, thanks for reminding me.

We've got three roles cast and confirmed in X-MEN 3 today so let's get right to it! I was surprised we didn't hear more speculation and rumor on the web regarding who would star as Beast in X-MEN 3 since it was a foregone conclusion that he was going to be one of the new mutants this time around. But all that speculation and rumor can go out the door this morning because Fox has announced who will star as Beast And that person is...Kelsey Grammer? Frasier? Uhh...well...he, uh, certainly looks like Beast's alter-ego Dr. Henry McCoy but doesn't he seem a bit old for the part? I mean Beast was schooled as a teenager under Professor X. Nevermind the fact that he's 335 lbs. and can lift well over a ton. I suppose I was expecting someone younger and perhaps more imposing, I can't argue that Grammer has the chops and the voice you'd want for your Beast. Arad said of the surprising casting decision, "Kelsey was born to play the role." In more x-men news the studio has also cast Maggie Grace as Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat, the mutant with the ability to "phase" through solid objects. Fans of the series might remember Kitty turning up in X2 though as a much younger girl. Whether or not this will be explained remains to be seen but I do like this casting. Grace, who probably could've made a great Invisible Girl as well, is currently filming THE FOG remake with Tom Welling. Finally, the studio has confirmed that Vinnie Jones will star as Magneto's right-hand man Juggernaut in the film. That character also happens to be the half-brother of a one Professor X. One more major character is in the process of being cast, according to Variety's report, and that is Angel. So does that mean Gambit is out? Or relegated to a Colossus-in-X2-type background player?...

one more for the night..

Johnny Depp is set to again star as the enigmatic late author Hunter S. Thompson in the upcoming film THE RUM DIARY. Depp, who has been trying to get the project off the ground, has brought aboard Bruce Robinson (WITHNAIL & I) to direct and assist in the development of the script. Thompson famously railed against the producer of a previous incarnation of the film staring with the line, "Okay, you lazy bitch, I'm getting tired of this waterhead f**k around that you're doing with THE RUM DIARY..." Classic Hunter S. Thompson stuff. Unfortunately Depp is a busy guy and Lord only knows when he's going to find time to film RUM. He's currently working on the back-to-back PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN sequels and has a number of other projects on his plate. That said, Depp is as passionate about RUM and about working with Robinson as anyone could be so maybe he'll be motivated to make this one of his next. Benicio Del Toro, Josh Hartnett and Nick Nolte were at one time scheduled to co-star but it's unclear if any or all of them will be available this time around.

for sure. i couldn't believe how shitty it was. from all accounts i'd heard that lucas had finally redeemed himself and did some justice to the franchise, but it was no better than the first 2. there was still zero chemisty between padme & anakin, as well as there being no plausible reason anakin was lured to the darkside. it just made no fucking sense.

To add to the list:

READ A FUCKING BOOK!

although, that Johnny Depp/Hunter shit should be good. And Sin City 2, of course.

Guest KING OF HELL
Originally posted by Mr. ABC@May 23 2005, 10:00 PM

for sure. i couldn't believe how shitty it was. from all accounts i'd heard that lucas had finally redeemed himself and did some justice to the franchise, but it was no better than the first 2. there was still zero chemisty between padme & anakin, as well as there being no plausible reason anakin was lured to the darkside. it just made no fucking sense.

zero chemistry is right, but there has been plausable reaon for the turn to the darkside since episode one. its three movies worth of bullshit to get him there.

^^ Also keep in mind that SW is all about Destiny. Anakin was meant to go to the darkside. Especially when you consider Palpatine's veiled hint at Anakin's father being a Sith Lord.

In other news:

http://www.themovieblog.com/archives/2004/..._the_movie.html

Some people may think this a bit of an exaggeration, but this has to potential to be the best Canadian based film news of all time. It looks like Ivan Reitman is about to put his weight behind getting a film version of The Trailer Parks Boys to the big screen. For those of you who have never heard of it, it's a Canadian show that has developed a huge following and is just hilarious. Cinescape gives us the following:

GHOSTBUSTERS director Ivan Reitman is working on a deal that will see him executive produce a TRAILER PARK BOYS feature film. The movie is based on a four-year-old hit TV series that airs in Canada about a trio of borderline criminals that grow dope and who live in a trailer park. The show has begun airing on BBC America. The movie version of the series will be directed by the show's creator, Mike Clattenburg. Reitman, who is a Canadian by birth, will also help provide financing for the movie. It's likely that the series stars will reprise their roles for the film.

--------

There's a few other links out there regarding this, but I'm pretty lazy right about now.

Originally posted by KING OF HELL+May 25 2005, 07:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KING OF HELL - May 25 2005, 07:57 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Mr. ABC@May 23 2005, 10:00 PM

zero chemistry is right, but there has been plausable reaon for the turn to the darkside since episode one. its three movies worth of bullshit to get him there.

[/b]

yeah, but it wasn't believable at all. i know he had to go to the dark side (considering he bacame darth vader and whatnot), but it never seemed believable in the least. i mean, the movies just made him look like a weak-willed whiny fucking tool considering the events that led to him joining the baddies.

it would have made more sense if they just said "hey, you get to strangle dudes without touching em, get a sweet black outfit and get to roll around the galaxy being a badass"

Originally posted by decu goldyn1@May 25 2005, 03:13 AM

nice to see fellow nerds down for the chronicles of narnia

in here.

Rent

and i'll probably get sucked into

Batman Begins somehow

eh i like indies

Chromophobia

The Aristocrats

Mysterious Skin

HELL YEAH, I USED TO PLAY NARNIA WHEN I WAS A KID!!