Unwritten code of the open road

WISE

Perhaps i am being too naive but is this really true?

Are hitchhikers expected to perform sexual favors in return for a ride?

Does it depend on who picks you up?

I am sure that if I picked up a fine babe that I'd expect her to get down, but if someone picked me up.....?

These thoughts come to light as I approach a 3 month roadtrip that I will be taking and hitch hiking would (possibly) be one means of my transportation.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Hitching These Days Ain't Too Smart

I hitch-hiked a million miles back in the day, but I doubt I'd do it today. That business about hitchers being expected to perform sexual favors is bullshit. Even when my girlfriend (later my first wife) was travelling with me, we never got propositioned. I take that back--when I was a kid, fourteen or fifteen, I went through a period where it seemed like I got frequently picked up by homosexual pedophiles who wanted to fuck me. Usually, all it took was me saying, "No thanks, I don't need my dick sucked, pull over right here" to get out of it, but once a guy got pretty forward and put his hand on my knee. I was doing my best to draw my knife when he pulled over and stopped, and I bailed out of the car. He drove off with the door still open.

I did meet some some crazy-ass motherfuckers hitching.

Guest ArtvandaL

when i was 19 i had no choice but to hitchike from a little outside milwuakee to chicago... the guy was a black pothead, about 30-35, straight up bumb, but he didnt give off any signs that he wanted head... i did pay gas though, thats pretty much all he needed, but he also talked allota stupid shit and well, it got annoying, i never hitched again... would i? yes, if i had to, but not for fun.

if your hitchhiking try to get the tourists to give you a ride, they are the best but are usually weary. if you can find a trucker that will do it they are usually pretty cool about it, the thing is most truckers have signed a contract agreeing not to pick up hitchhikers so you have to find the independent truckers. they usually dont mind, the worst they can do is say no if you are at a trck stop but you will probably get picked up quicker if you are walking the highway or flying a sign at an onramp. no what you asked is not true but some people dont mind if you can kick back a few dollars for gas.

by the way, walking a highway is very dangerous so be sure to use caution. not only do you have to worry about the police (hitchhiking is now illegal in alot of states and the police will ticket you or drop you off at the next exit or both but most of all will harass the crap out of you), but you have to also worry about drunk drivers, etc. keep enough distance from the side of the highway to be safe.

Yes, I have been watching Jay n Silent Bob.

I will be travelling all over. I have 3 months and want to travel as much as I can. I'll be leaving from th midwest and want to go down south and west. Amtrak had a pass that where you could ride as much as you wanted in USA + CA but that is like $600....which could be better spent on living expenses.

I doubt I'll be hitching a whole lot, but it is very likely to happen.

I've hitched with truckers before and it was all good, but never in a passenger car.

gas or grass wouldn't be much of a problem.

FIRST OF ALL, I'M ALL OUT OF ORDER, BUT THEY ALREADY HAVE A "MOUTH CONDOM" IT'S ACTUALLY CALLED THE "DENTAL DAM" AND I GUESS YOU NEVER HAD SEX-ED

SECONDLY, WHAT DOES "I'M TAKING A ROAD TRIP AND HITCHHIKING WAS GONNA BE ONE OF MY MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION" MEAN? DOESN'T A ROAD TRIP IMPLY THAT YOU'RE DRIVING?

IF I EVER PICKED UP A FEMALE HITCH-HIKER I WOULD HOPE SHE SLOBBED ME, BUT I WOULDN'T NECCESARILY EXPECT IT... ALTHOUGH I WOULD PROBABLY IMPLY THAT IF SHE WASN'T SUCKING COCK LIKE A GOOD GIRL SHE WASN'T RIDING FOR TOO LONG...

ANYWAY, I WOULDN'T GIVE HEAD TO RIDE PERSONALLY... WELL MAYBE A HOT CHICK, BUT AS SMOOTH AS I AM I DOUBT IT'S GOING TO GO DOWN LIKE THAT... ALSO I HAVE A WHIP, SO I'M GOOD

Guest --zeSto--

it's called the 'Unwritten BOOK of the open road'

as in... do you boys follow the book?

get your quote straight !

(so that's why it feels like to be Smart)

/ hey MaleyRed... I was refering to the quote-master moderator "Smart"

When I did most of my hitch-hiking was back in the mid to late 60's. There were millions of hippies on the road, and it wasn't unusual to see twenty or thirty hitch-hikers at a freeway on-ramp. Ninty per cent of the time, the people that picked us up were just cool kids about our age--maybe 20 or 25 years old. Very few creepy ass people, very few guys looking to rape somebody, mainly just other freaks and heads and hippies. I used to think the South was "redneck" territory, and it is, but mostly the people that picked us up, even in the rural South, were cool people.

The people I see picking up kids hitching today look like the kind of sick-o losers that go to XXX Adult Bookstores to me. No thanks. What the hell--maybe I'm just more picky now.

On my trip up to Britt and back, I drove 2, 262 miles. I DID NOT SEE A SINGLE HITCH-HIKER. Something pretty wierd about that.

Archived