Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Unwarranted Searches on NYC Mass Transit

Discussion in 'News' started by H. Lecter, Jul 22, 2005.

1. H. Lecter

H. Lecter Senior Member

"I'm getting vlaklempf, Talk amongst yourselves, I'll give you a topic.."

Random Searches Begin on NYC Mass Transit
    ----

My opinion,
    This is not the most efficent or effective way to face the threat,
    and the sacrafices it demands are not worth the negliable amount of benefits it produces.

May I also add that the police abstaining from "profiling" for the sake of our already trampled constitutional rights is absolutely ridiculous..

how can you say that you want to search passengers to protect the masses,
    but then want to do it in a "random" manner!??!
    Searching every 5th person is just stupid,
    you just wait not to be that fifth person if you have a bomb.

I travel often, and I see what happens in the airports with this shit...
    The two shady characters ahead of you on the line are always waved through,
    and the person who looks most easily approached,most patient or most aware is the one searched..NOT the people who actually look suspect.
    This defeats the entire purpose of the searches and makes the infringement of our rights even more unnecessary.

It may seem wrong to search people who "fit the mold"~
    but the fact is that if you don't the entire search become redundant.

You tell me that there's no mold to fit...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ?????

They have no right to take ours..

Freedom of movement,
    Freedom of fear and
    Freedom of privacy
    are our rights, and I personally don't think that this will be a permanent facet in NYC..
    The people won't put up with it.

2. courtorder

courtorder Senior Member

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

3. MAGS156

MAGS156 Senior Member

after the last 2 weeks its cool for a little bit but if they havent thought of something els in like 2 weeks they can go fuck them selves i aint showin em shit

4. Stereotype V.001

Stereotype V.001 Member

It is definatly infuriating to see the guy with the turban walk on through, and watch Grandma have to take her shoes off and her knitting bag examined. They usually check the suspects that fit the mold in airports, but when they actually go through with random searches it is idiotic on so many levels.

Great thread, too bad Salafi or Dawood will come in a few minutes and wreck it with quotes from the Koran, or let everyone know how our country is somehow behind these terrorist attacks.

5. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

People in turbans are sikhs, not muslims.

6. BurgerKing

BurgerKing New Jack

I hope they dont find my dildo in my backpack.
    That would be rather embarassing.

7. CACashRefund

It's company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo. They have to use the indefinite article "a" dildo, never...

"your" dildo.

8. illwitit

illwitit New Jack

So what the fuck, It says that if you get your shit searched, and they find drugs or "other" contriband, you will be arrested.....That sounds like some bullshit! How are they gonna stop you for nothin, search your shit for a bomb, and then bust you for a bowl, or pot, or what if you had a bag fulla markers and cans and stickerss, would they take that shit and arrest you? We are finally livin in a full, all out police state. So sad....... :(

9. tycobb

tycobb New Jack

WE ARE ENTERING THE TOTALITARIAN POLICE STATE and motherfuckers are so unaware and buying into it.
    Staged terror attacks to get everyone all worked up and willing to volunteer their rights in order to trust the authorities to keep us safe..total bullshit.

and they will get a ton of people locked into the system with the new "random" searches...this will be from here on out...watch..

And they thought I was lying years ago...haa..

funny how haliburton seems to pop up in funny places...read last lines...hmm

http://www.halliburton.com/kbr/govServ/UK/...ons.jsp?printMe

10. POIESIS

POIESIS Member

^that means squat.
    interesting..okay....nefarious..not quite.
    that's on par with people who think marvin
    bush's connection with security at WTC is
    a red flag of complicity.

11. CACashRefund

Youre not living in a police state not even close to it. Quit complaining, would you rather have them say fuck it about security? If you have tagging materials and you get busted for it dont get all pissy, you were going to commit a crime, you took a risk. Take responsibilty for that shit.

But i will say that they are going about security in all the wrong ways, you can still get into yards, layups, tunnels, its not hard to put a bomb in a subway. Theyre just doing these things for show, when a subway gets blown up then people will learn, what if it hadnt happened in london? would we still be "secure?" No. Stupid fucking people never learn until it hits them.

12. Stereotype V.001

Stereotype V.001 Member

Turban, bourqa, chador, hijab, whatever.

"WE ARE ENTERING THE TOTALITARIAN POLICE STATE"

:haha: The fact that you are able to complain and write that is basically proving we're not.

When you get dragged out into a field, get two in the head and one in the chest because you are a possible threat, like a certain former nation I know of, you can complain. We'll actually you can't, but you know what I mean.

13. Dawood

Dawood Elite Member

Ok,

{insert Quran quote here}

Anyway, I think muslims should be stereotyped in trainstations and airports, as a matter of fact , they should be interrogated for 3 hours under a spotlight, and then they should just "disappear" ,Oh wait, thats already happening....but for real though, Muslims ARE being stereotyped on transit systems, but My attitude (as a muslim) is "what do we expect" ??
    There are people who are killing people unjustly "In the name of Islam" Whether it is Zionist Jews and Christians plotting to destroy the image of Islam commiting these crimes or it is Ignorant deviant Muslims upset at the injustice of the western Govts. upon the muslim people around the world....Either way, To the average person, these terrorist LOOK like muslims , right? So naturally, People would react against Muslims, or be suspicious, and I think it is not necissarily unwarranted on their part, Some muslims have this old "stank" attitude when it comes to people suspecting them, But My wife dresses in full Islamic Hijab and face veil , when we go places , people always look at us strange, No problem, because I always train my family to have a good attitude towards them because what can we expect them to feel like when they see us? They dont know us, All they see about Islam is what Is in the news (and that is their fault) Nonetheless, I understand people are scared and ignorant of what we are about, So I smile at them and nod my head if I get the opportunity when I pass by , just because I know they are thinking, Terrorists. Anyway, I apologise for burdening you with my Quran quotes and "religious rhetoric" as someone called it, And I will try to make my religious points points more subtly in the future , maybe Someone can start a thread about Islam, and we can have a discussion about Islam in there , But I dont want to do It because I have already been accused of trying to shove my religion down peoples throats and that is'nt the impresson I want to give people. Anyway, I think that errorism should be fought against and one of the main ways we can fight terrorism is to get this maniac cowboy out of office so the terrorists will back off. If you dont think that these bombings are retaliation for what is going on in the muslim world then wake up ,Also , what people need to unite upon is what exactly IS terrorism, and fight it, like 911, London, Spain, these were all senseless terrorist acts who, the perpertrators of these things should be killed, in my opinion, Muslim or non muslim alike. Why? because these suckers who are blowing things up are going to force us "regular" people into some police state where any one of us can be snatched off the street at any time and nobody has the right to know why....Wait, Patriot act, thats now.

14. smooth talker

smooth talker New Jack

HAHAHA...these fuckin cats our on here rationlizing bag searching....hahahahah....i just cant stop laughing....i mean ive heard of being the devils advocate but lets get for reals now.....this shit is outta hand....anyway what the fuck like if people are getting there bags checked wont they just strap the bomb to them....with technology the way it is its not very hard....but for reals though this is some hella high school shit....hahahaha.....unreal......how much are you guys getting paid to run this site.....

15. Stereotype V.001

Stereotype V.001 Member

A thread about Islam, explaining different factions, interpretations, ect would have the opposite effect IMO. It would also be a very interesting read. But hearing the same points about your religion over and over in every thread definatly does have that effect.