Unstuck Truck

Dick Quickwood

I used my special Oblivious To Mud technique to thouroughly immobilize this, i tried putting boards under the wheels, pushing it with another person while someone else spun the wheels, then i used a bumper jack to lift up one side at a time, then push it sideways to get it out of the ruts. short of repeating that 15 times to get it on dry ground (the front is fucking heavy), anyone know of a better way?

4688ed8e.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

it's amazing how different the lives are of different people based on your location. i mean, i guess it isnt amazing. it just seems amazing to me. like, i look at this picture, and i just can't believe that is the kind of scenery that someone sees every day. i need to get out of this fucking city for a minute.

and arcel, sorry man, i have never driven a car on anything but pavement in my entire life. wait, i drove on the beach in daytona once.

...what kind of boards did you use?...that piece of plywood that's laying on the ground?...i've been in spots like this myself and used a few 2x4's and got out...ram them things all the way under the tires and rock that bitch out...good luck...

...i meant rearwheel...i've been driivng cars for too long...

ok..i have had this happen to me...but in the desert with no jack so you have it off easy.

mmk...so..keep the truck jacked up like in that picture..maby lift the back end a little more...then pop it into reverse, stick a fair ammount of 2/4s under each tire..give it a good 3 to 4 feet of wood to grab and roll on...then drop the truck down (because you have lifted it up alowing you to wedge the 2/4s under the tires) then just tap the gas (still in reverse) so that all your doing is pulling and not spining and you will tug yourself out...you might want to make a wood trail to a hardest ground so you dont get stuck again.

hopefully that will work....and umm.....im going to comment on how you live far away from citys and how its not hip...i think...as it seems to be for others here ...

metal?

It looks like your fucked, but you can try letting some air out of the rear tires to help. It will double the surface area of the contact patch of the tires, giving you better traction. Just dont go below 12 PSI or you risk breaking a bead on the tire and then you'll really be fucked. Have another vehicle tug you out with a good tow strap at the same time. Chains will work but are dangerous. If a link breaks metal can go flying and hit someone..If you knew someone with a winch that would be even better but I'm sure you already thought of that..If all else fails sheer manpower could probably push you out..Ive seen and been stuck worse...good luck

personally...I think I'd put a bunch of rocks in each of the holes. once they're filled drop the jack down and drive off. plywood is just too slick. maybe if you nailed a few 1x2s on it for grip or something. you could also lower the air pressure in the tires as well.

and lastly...what the fuck is wrong with you?

where is your god damn gun rack?