1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

UNOFICIAL COPYRIGHT OF TAGS

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by FROSTY, Oct 19, 2001.

1. FROSTY

FROSTY 12oz Senior Member

UNOFICIAL COPYRIGHT OF TAGS

Discussion started by FROSTY - Oct 19, 2001

Yo i was just thinkin that it would be cool if there was something on this sight that listed the names of big graff artists and good 12 oz artists. everyone can wright a conformation msg that gets them full 12oz rights of there name. Kinda a stupid idea but it would stop all those little newbie fukz from stealing names.

but honestly there is nothing out there that has all the graffiti artists names. none of us are gonna be in any history books cauz we are "CRIMINALS" so lets create our own history books.

neways rip it up cauz it is kinda dumb;)

FROSTY - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Poop Man Bob - Replied Oct 20, 2001

RIP OUT MY BLEEDING EYES!!! :spent:

Poop Man Bob - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  3. chizm

chizm 12oz Senior Member

chizm - Replied Oct 20, 2001

oh, poop man

chizm - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  4. graffitiSUX

graffitiSUX 12oz Senior Member

graffitiSUX - Replied Oct 20, 2001

stab yourself several times for posting a dumbass idea. what are you going to do if someone steals your tag, sue em?? goose

graffitiSUX - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  5. sectorTVA

sectorTVA 12oz Senior Member

sectorTVA - Replied Oct 20, 2001

and how old are you agiain? 12??
    when did you become concerned with being in a history book?

sectorTVA - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  6. FROSTY

FROSTY - Replied Oct 21, 2001

K whatever delete this shit...

i never said it was a good idea just an idea.

:beat:

7. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Oct 21, 2001

id like to know what you write. it would like a fun game. then i could tell you who wrote it first, and what crew they were from.

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  8. FROSTY

FROSTY - Replied Oct 22, 2001

K whell then is there a writer out there named enzo?

i know theres an ensoe from toronto or somethin

9. sectorTVA

sectorTVA 12oz Senior Member

sectorTVA - Replied Oct 22, 2001

dude...i think seeking was implying that there are so many writers out there that there are going to be people with the same name, so it doesnt fucking matter what you write...as long as you dont write something like cope fuckin 2 it shouldnt matter...youll probably say, 'thats why we need our little book on everyones name' but the truth of the matter is little toys should learn on their own from better writers in there own city...sure the internet is a great place to learn, and ive learned alot of shit from the internet, but the internet hasnt done shit on maturing my ideologies in graffiti...i learned most of the 'important' shit about graffiti from a friend who is 25 and has been doing graffiti for quite a while and was reletively famous in state (as in not famous nationally, but famous in the state lived in)...the internet unfortunately breeds toys like yourself who find it intriging to come up with stupid solutions for problems that should be solved at a local level...nationally there are so many writers who write the same thing its ridiculus. so its not really important if you write something as common as say 'merk' because nationally there are probably a thousand 'merks'...... at the moment i could really care less about becoming famous, or making an impact on 'graf history' im doing graffiti for myself right now, and i really dont give a shit what people have to say about what i put out, or becoming famous on a national or even state level...graffiti is so fuckin lame nowadays its stupid...its a graf explosion, with kids like yourself who are just starting and unfortunately will never get too much better...people like yourself who just want to be known as writers so you can say 'look i do graffiti, that makes me cool'...its all stupid shit...if 10 years down the road i become famous for putting out my frieghts than thats how things lay out...im not worried about it right now and i dont think ill impact this socalled 'graf history too much' graf history is already written son, shits done and over with, everything is just a spin off of past style..true inovation in style is still out there just hard as hell to find...im definately NOT one of those innovators, and i doubt you are too, so why the fuck you worried about graf history if youre not even going to be part of it...when i think of it there really is no more meaning to graffiti...its almost pointless, what started out with kids of lower economic classes has expanded to people who have no 'real' problems at all in life, and just want to do graffiti just because they saw it in theyre favorite MTV video. whats happening is a breeding of hundreds upon thousands of toys who are fucking up the scene because they dont want to progress they just want to get in some girls pants because graffiti is the 'in' thing...fuck that bullshit...i realized that i got into graffiti for all the wrong reasons 6 years ago...i got the my reasons set straight now, and it doesnt involve becoming popular or famous...its something alot deeper and harder to explain...its more than love, and more than an addiciton...it involves alot of shit that i feel in my heart and think in my head....its deffinately not about becoming famous anymore...at least in my case...i dont really know how this applies to anything in this thread, its just basicly my thoughts on graffiti today...

sectorTVA - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  10. beardo

beardo Guest

beardo - Replied Oct 22, 2001

sector knows whats up.

11. eliteLEIT

eliteLEIT 12oz Junior Member

eliteLEIT - Replied Oct 26, 2001

WoRd.. damn,A book rePort....Nice write SectoR

eliteLEIT - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  12. TrustUGN

TrustUGN 12oz Member

TrustUGN - Replied Oct 28, 2001

dude... anything you draw is automatically copywritten... unless of course you are biting someone else's work. the thing with copywright is that it isnt illegal to copy someones shit unless you use it to make money, if that is the case, you have to get all legal and shit (i.e. paperwork saying that original artist gets a share in propfit) or they can just flat out say,, no, you cant use my shit... YOU TOY. for instance, you could take some of my shit and tell all your friends you drew it,, but the minute you put it on a website along with some kind of money oriented deal,, i want my fucking money!.... at least that is my understanding of copyright.. but i may be wrong.. peace :rolleyes:

TrustUGN - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. FROSTY

FROSTY - Replied Oct 28, 2001

and yes i do realize it was a dumb idea. hence the word idea...
    but dont go rambling on about what graffiti means to me cauz i know what it means to me. I do it because i find it fun, just like art......

neways lets end it here.

14. iCEBERG

iCEBERG 12oz Senior Member

iCEBERG - Replied Oct 31, 2001

NO! GET'EM BOYS!

iCEBERG - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  15. RaiD

RaiD Guest

RaiD - Replied Nov 11, 2001

[​IMG]