Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Unhygenic Restaurants

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by WhiteOx, Jul 16, 2004.

1. WhiteOx

WhiteOx Elite Member

ok, so i want to hear what the filthiest things youve eaten or found in your food

the other day i looked down at a piece of pizza i was eating and saw a black cockroach melted in the surface of the cheese. An inch from my bite..The scary thing is i wouldn't have even noticed the taste if i had eaten it..maybe thats a good thing

My girlfriend went straight to the bathroom and involuntarily vommitted. She was furious and couldn't believe i settled for a refund

relate your experiences.

2. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

Staying with a friend in Brooklyn we went out for greasy Chinese. We take it back to his spot, eat it almost gone and he starts laughing. I ask, he explains he just found a few sprouts of hair sticking out of his food, it is attached to the meat, meaning its from the animal. He proceeds to eat the rest...why is this gross? You guessed it, it's supposed to be CHICKEN! :chicken:

3. 455

455 Guest

4. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

'nuff said

I would encourage anyone that hasn't to read Fast Food Nation. It talks about so much crazy shit along these lines. I started reading it believing it would simply condemn the fast food industry but it is so much more than that.

My favorite fact from the book:

On average in America kitchen sinks have more traces of fecal matter than our toilets. Why? Hamburger...

Read it

5. Brewster Baker

Brewster Baker 12oz Loyalist

subway is bad too. Everyone I know was got food poisoning from there.

6. anonymity1

anonymity1 Senior Member

there is a local japanese restraunt and the only time I've been in there they came out and wiped down the table with a stank-ass rag and we proceeded to leave

7. 455

455 Guest

also...if you're in L.A........"In N Out".....if you're in Seattle...."Dick's Hamburgers".....and down south a bit....."Hardee's".....

8. Brewster Baker

Brewster Baker 12oz Loyalist

I love that place...havent ate at dicks yet tho.

9. fatbastard

fatbastard Elite Member

my friend got a coffee from a nestles vending machine and there was a cockroach in there, a small one, but nonetheless a cockroach.

when you find this shit you have to pretend to be furious, and talk in a calm and assertive manner, YOU are the customer and have paid for their service, if their service was at a cause for concern level then it is their responsibility to compensate you, you just have to be mature about it and dont make ridiculous requests.

example: Here in australia there is a sizzler indside a movie theatre, we went there for my friends 21st and the meal came so late that we missed our movie. I got us all the meals for free, plus free tickets to see another movie, AND a meal voucher to eat there for free on our next visit.

stick it to em!

10. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

A bartender I know poured a beer and out came a silverfish. He dumped the glass and refilled it without the customer seeing...

11. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

I don't think it was unhygenic...but Arby's tore the ass outta me once. I've never gone back again. So fucking sick.

I've found random hairs in my food before...but eh...whatever...not really that big of a deal.

12. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

finding hair in my food absolutely repulses me.
    whether it's my own or not..
    although it's worse when it's unknown

funny this thread appears.
    yesterday i went to scarf down dinner after work
    i got a burrito from a decent spot.
    as dude was making it, he was interrupted to trainthe new guy on the cash register.
    i watched him handle money and shit, and then go back to finish my burrito.
    i was like "excuse me, did you wash your hands?"
    he tried to say yes, and as soon as i said "i didn't see you," he washed his hands and threw away the old burrito
    he made a fresh one
    i ate that thing in about 3 minutes.
    i like the spots where you can watch em make your food

and take it from and old chef, never eat at a busy restaurant at their busiest time. i guarantee that's when you're most likely to eat a piece of food that got dropped.

:D

13. SilentBob

SilentBob Member

Most disgusting thing I've found has been a hair thankfully. I've copped food poisoning from some evil beef vindaloo though . Poops and vomits for miles.

*edit .. hair doesn't really bother me.. obviously I won't be eating that shit .. but I don't particularly get upset.. maybe it's because all of my hair pretty out of control.. so it seems understandable to me if others can't keep theirs where it's meant to be..

14. gatita

gatita Senior Member

Visiting a friend in Philly he took me to this 'awesome' chinese place that had a really good vegetarian selection [Im sure its by South Street, for all you Philly kids, so you might know the spot]. I ordered steamed veggies, and ate. And saw a baby cockroach, and got grossed out. Then I started pushing around the veggies, only to find more and more.
    Those fuckers were prob in the brocolli [always happens.. damn brocolli sprouts].
    My friend said he would talk to the waiter, but he only got a refund for MY meal, shit, if he let me talk I would have told the guy we werent paying for anything, thats horrid.
    :eek: :mad:

15. azert

azert Senior Member

I don't ever remember finding anything gross in my food. Nothing that I'm aware of anyways, I'm sure I've eaten something digusting without knowing it. But as far as hairs are concerned, if I see one I just pick it out and continue eating, unless it's like soup or some kind of liquid. Granted everyone who handles food should have a hair net or cap or something over their head, but it can't always be helped. One thing I can't stand is hair that's still on the meat, like buffalo wings that have those tiny hairs sprouting out.