underground hip hop

dai

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest ctrl+alt+del

i dont know.....slug and atmos is getting more and more poular every week. thats fine though, GOD LOVES UGLY will have some great expectations (good book). Swollen Members has some good songs, another really good song i like is sprawlic stream"stranger things"

i cant stand anticon though. i just cant get into them at all.

Guest STONER DBM

Boogie Down Beantown

Mr.Lif,Akrobatik,7L&Esoteric...big up to Truth Elemental ceo of Brick records puttin Boston hiphop back on the map...also not from Boston but 7 Headed Angel,Busted Fro,Ikendyenow,Earthtones and Lethal Package from New Bedford Mass are all doin there thing....

Originally posted by freeze

slug and atmosphere is the shit, you should check out some illogic, nacrobats, and the all-time greatest bombing track ever coming from the typical cats...shit is off the hook. oh, and you can't leave out sage francis.

check out www.galapagos4.com for nacrobats and typical cats info i think you can hear the "manhattan project " audio indeed a dope ass bombing track

thanks for the site JAZZ TECHNIC, that shit was dope. i've got a question too, do you know who sings the song that goes something along the long the lines "it's highly ILLogical to try and get ILL in chicago ILLinois?" the caps is where dude puts the emphasis. i heard that shit this summer, thought i had it on cd, but i can't find it anywhere. i only heard it like twice or something and it just recently popped back into my head. i thought that it might be illogic but i don't think that it is. if you know that'd be fucking dope. oh, and you should check out sacred hoop...one of their tracks has a dope ass piano beat to it...#8 on the record "retired."

the new G Dep "Special Delivery" remix is hot. dont sleep

now that's underground.

ya'll undaground headz gots to peep the group Elemental Sixes, they are ill, consisting of emcees Quan Love, Nasal Massive, Elos, Sob Poet, and DJ Waurld Piece on the cuts...seriously...them guys are mad poetic droppin lyrics straight from the heart and they rap really fast, but they dont rhyme, but who cares, rhyming isnt as important as deep lyrics...ya'll will feel this so much your grandkids will feel it too...they cover topics about how hip hop is overrun by untalented artists who dont rap fast and dont have deep lyrics, and how they arent rich and should be because they rap fast and have really really deep lyrics....

get on this bandwagon shit AYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOO

im sure there's a million plus people on this board that can help you with underground hip hop, so ill just say check out living legends, anacron or the cuf if you already haven't.

On a side note, anyone here dig some comercial as well as underground? Any ludacris fans? if so, you have to check out the 4 ize and ludacris freestyle (I think its form his first album)...i got that shit off kazaa a day ago, its like im hearing snoop for the first time again...dope w.out an antidote.

Percee-P,Apathy,2Mex,old Volume 10,Burnt Batch,LPSD,Checkmark and some old Street Reporters stuff is what I'm listening to at the moment---also Mhz.

is someone calling KRS ONE underground?

dork i was listening to KRS like 15 years ago, it's not underground just cus it's not on the radio

and will you please in the future not refer to boston as "boogie down beantown" that's really corny...bronx and only bronx = boogie down

Originally posted by MARLBORO RED

bronx and only bronx = boogie down

Agree with you on that bro but I'd consider alot of groups from back in the day 'underground' for the very reason they don't get airplay. Not to mention, deliver a positive message.

"Underground will live for ever baby! We just like roaches! Never dying and always living."

----DJ Premiere GANGSTARR

Guest JoeHatesCops

I went tot the cannibal ox, mr lif, eyedea show at the paradox aesop didnt make it, that was like one of the best show ive evenr been to so tight, I got to freestyle at the end,(everyone does who wants to) and I felt so tight, cause hella heads gave me dap, and I didnt get booed off or anything

Guest ctrl+alt+del

if you thought blackalicious old stuff was good, just wait for the new cd. its so tight, i like Aural Pleasure the most. actually, it comes out tomorrow. ive had it for a while, but i like to have the actual cd, plus where i ordered it from is giving away a free vinyl with 2 extra bonus songs cut from the cd on it, MUY DOPE MAN.

Archived