under a guise of legitimacy

postmodernism

if you were to fabricate a writ of authorization to painting on a building whats to stop you from tagging cutty ass spots in broad daylight. If the police stop you could show them the document. If they need a phone number supply one of your buddies. Make sure there in the know. My guess is that most cops wouldnt even stop. If you are cocky enough to hit a high profile spot in broad daylight they would probably assume that you have permission to paint that wall. If they do stop you could show them a forged reciept or whatnot. Theres plenty of shit you could do to make it look legit. Lay out a ground cloth. Bring a folding chair and a buisness sign. Anybody ever tried this????? Granted it could fail miserably. Nevertheless. Being broad daylight if they call you out you could probably talk them into letting you cover it instead of booking you./ I would bring a gallon of white just in case....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This COULD work, i know a couple of spots where you can do this kinda of thing, but its usually in an alley or the back of something. I dont think you can just walk to a wall in your city/towns biggest intersection and just start painting . You gotta be smart about it. And i dont think catching tags, would be smart. I think the best thing to do is a production wall or something. It would make more sense to have permission for that than tags and shit..

ive got a friend that lives in dallas and one time he was telling me about a writer that used to do this exact thing in the 90s. he only got popped for it once and the worst thing that happened was that he went inside and asked the people that worked there for permission and they said yes after he explained the situation.

hes supposed to be a real respected writer thats been holding it down for years too.

*editnote*apparently he did this many many times and got away with it, but one has to take into account that at the time graff wasnt anywhere near as hot with police as it is now. as well i think the areas where he was doing this were supposed to be more art based neighborhoods where something like a mural would be expected without question.*editnote*

Originally posted by haunts@Mar 13 2005, 12:42 AM

ive got a friend that lives in dallas and one time he was telling me about a writer that used to do this exact thing in the 90s. he only got popped for it once and the worst thing that happened was that he went inside and asked the people that worked there for permission and they said yes after he explained the situation.

hes supposed to be a real respected writer thats been holding it down for years too.

*editnote*apparently he did this many many times and got away with it, but one has to take into account that at the time graff wasnt anywhere near as hot with police as it is now. as well i think the areas where he was doing this were supposed to be more art based neighborhoods where something like a mural would be expected without question.*editnote*

that would be espo. posing as something like exterior service protection outreach

Originally posted by SF1@Mar 15 2005, 01:50 AM

Keep in mind that if the pigs do role up on you, whether or not you "have permition" they're still gonna ask for your ID and take down your info. It's also illegal to not have ID on you.

Do they usually hassle you afterwards with doing the legal? What kind of info do they ask for?

Originally posted by seeking@Mar 15 2005, 10:24 AM

it's just too bad there aren't any good spots in your city to hit.

:rolleyes:

What city is that??? I live in Belgium and i only hit waffles. Its hard to take you serious dog. Your like that guy at the club thats a little too old to be there. Plus, you look like Snape from Harry Potter. An amusing mental picture of of a caped Seeking snooping around 12 oz with a bad additude, talking shit, and closing threads. Im guessing your either really short, have a tremendously small penis, or a underachiever that failed to realized his hopes and dreams. Next to your 20,000 posts it sould say unstoppable loser.