Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Ultimate Fight Night Live

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Tough Love, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Tough Love

Tough Love Senior Member

Official Fight Card & Weigh-in's

MAIN CARD – SPIKETV
    Middleweight Bout
    Nathan Marquardt [184] vs. Ivan Salaverry [184]
    Patrick Cote [185] vs. Chris Leben 185.5]

Light Heavyweight Bout
    Sam Hoger [205] vs. Stephen Bonnar [206]

Middleweight Bout
    Pete Sell [186] vs. Nate Quarry [186]

Welterweight Bout
    Pete Spratt [170] vs. Josh Koscheck [170.5]

PRELIMS
    Middleweight Bout
    Mike Swick [186] vs Gideon Ray [181]

Welterweight Bout
    Kenny Florian [171] vs Alex Karalexis [170]

Date: 8/6/2006
    Event Type: PPV Live
    Time: 9:00 PM EST

Tickets |

Summary:
    The Octagon ™ unleashes a fury when the Ultimate Fighting Championship ® (UFC ®) organization holds the first-ever “Ultimate Fight Night,” a nationally-televised event on Spike TV featuring fighters from the hit reality series “The Ultimate Fighter ™.” Stephan Bonnar, Sam Hoger, Alex Karalexis and Kenny Florian will be pitted against each other, and Chris Leben, Nate Quarry and Josh Koscheck will face-off with Patrick Cote, Pete Sell and Pete Spratt in a soon-to-be classic UFC event live on Spike TV from Las Vegas’ Cox Pavilion Saturday, August 6, 2005. The live action starts at 7:15 p.m. ET/4:15 p.m. PT and Spike TV’s cable telecast starts at 9 p.m. ET/PT(tape delay), Satellite is Live at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT

Predictions? comments?
    i cant fucking wait to see this. I hope Sam, Kenny, and Koscheck get knocked the fuck out.

2. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

Im watching it just to see my nigga Leben take off someone's head.

I saw him fight some dude earlier in the week on Spike TV. 80 seconds the fight was over.

3. type R

type R Senior Member

who was the dude that won it..?

4. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

Forrest Griffin was the dude who won the Light Heavyweight contract as well as Stefen Bonnar. Diego Sanchez won the middleweight contract, he's fighting in two weeks on PPV.

Anyone watching this Leben v. Cote fight? This is a good fight. Leben stepped his game up 5 fold.

5. type R

type R Senior Member

yeah yeah Diego...good take down fighter but always getting on people when they would swear, something about a "pottymouth"...a little weird if you ask me.

Leben was getting down for real this time.

6. Tough Love

Tough Love Senior Member

Leben had a great fight, tons of improvement
    swick was sick
    main event was a snore fest
    stefen sorta dissappointed me, i expected waaaay more after the fight he had with griffin

7. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

Diego Sanchez is a homo, I really don't think hes that good of a fighter. We all know if he fought Leben in the finals of the show.. He wouldn't be anywhere right now except doing tai chi in the rain.

Leben really stepped shit up and really has a proper attitude now, like when Rogan asked him when does he think he'd be ready for a tittle match. Unlike some bumbling retarded answer like Forrest Griffin, he knew he had holes in his game that he needed to patch and knew that in 3 or 4 years he was gunning for number 1.

Yeah that Stefen Bonnar fight was a let down, I really expected a murder. But I guess he's one of those hit or miss kind of fighters.

On another note, how fucking badly is Chuck Lidell going to punish Randy Horn?

I mean Jeremy Horn is no one to sleep on, dude's had over 100 MMA fights, but c'mon can anyone hold a candle to Chuck Lidell right now?

Sylvia vs Telligman? No contest. 1st round KO I'm willing to put money on the Maine-iac.

This is going to become the Official UFC thread by the way.

This Ultimate Fight Night is a weekly thing ya? Mondays at 11 or some shit?

8. useurname

useurname Member

I only caught the mainevent it was weak but the highlights from the other fights looked dope.

9. Tough Love

Tough Love Senior Member

every monday they will have UFC unleashed. from what i gather, they are going to show past events that stood out or something...ive caught it a few times...

i cant wait till the new ultimate fighter reality show starts on the 22nd

10. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

god yes, that shits my favorite show.

Are there new hosts/trainers this season?

11. RumPuncher

RumPuncher Elite Member

I used to buy BlackBelt magazine but skipped it this month
    because Diego Sanchez was on the cover. I'm sorry, but I'm
    not talking martial arts to be like that guy, nor do I feel that
    he'd have much to teach me. Even in the show they played
    him as some 'relective zen warrior' but that's total bullshit.

I think they should do an Ultimate Fighter show where the people
    have had ZERO professional or amature fighting experience.
    No record, and only basic martial arts or wrestling training.
    That way the coaching would be way more important because
    you see who could bring out the natural fighters in otherwise
    'soft' people and see 'hard' people get their asses handed to them.

12. platapie

platapie Guest

yeah tehres new trainers and randy is gonna be the new willa ford. and they changed the games they play up like randy and dana white decided to chagne stupid log carrying events into some shit that will actully help a fighter. i missed the show on saturday but they replay it on thursday. as for the fighters diego sanchez is such a fucktard but he can scrap. but i do wanan see someoen punch is fuckign face in.

13. Tough Love

Tough Love Senior Member

one of the new coaches for the show will be rich franklin..i forgot who the other guy is. theyr gunna have two new weight classes as well. from the commercials i saw, it looks as tho there will be some more fighters with bad tudes, and lots of drama.

and yes, diego is the biggest goof ball ever.
    Leben > Diego

14. RumPuncher

RumPuncher Elite Member

Bas Rutten should be a coach!

15. Nutonce

Nutonce Member

I SAW THE WHITEBOY GET SMASHED LAST NIGHT.

THIS SHOW IS MY NEW SHIT.