UK paint jam - Brighton 06

onelegout

As you all know, last summer saw something new to the UK graffiti scene:

The Sleeping Giants & Graphotism Paint Jam in association with the Brighton Hip Hop Festival.

2006 Paint Jam

The event is back for 2006 and will be an even bigger gathering of artists than last year. Over 125 artists painted at the 2005 event on a space measuring over half a kilometre.

This year (thanks to the folks at BHHF) we have even more space available to paint.

WE WANT YOU TO ATTEND!

If you painted last year...

All of you who painted last year are invited again and are guaranteed a space (please email us with your confirmation and crew members).

Want to paint this year?

If you didn't take part last year don't worry, we have loads more spaces. Please reply to this email with your details and number of spaces required along with some recent work and we'll get back to you asap.

Remember - this is a free event; only possible because of the support from Brighton & Hove City Council, Brighton Hip Hop Festival, Sleeping Giants, Graphotism, RareKind, Donna Close, Sue Johns, New England Quarter, the good people of Brighton and of course YOU, the artists.

So who's gonna be there? I will definately be down there for a day just to watch (Cant paint for shit! :D)

Peace

H

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

As I understand it, There is easily enough room for many more people to join, so it's not realy that harsh at all letting last years participants have priority....

The date is yet to be arranged, but I expect it won'y be until the summer - It's strange 'cause they posted this newsletter but havn't chosen a date yet :S

its in june or july sometime i will try and head up there.... :burn:

UPDATE...just read the graphotism that has sleeping giants article in,it says the festival was at the end of july,so im guessing it will be around then,give or take a week or two ;)

Well last year it was on the last weekend of the festival! so im guessing it will be very late july!

It's a pity that they only do graff not stencils - I'da loved to paint with writers of such a high standard but I only have high enough skill in stenciling not freehand :(

If anyone wants some stencil fills or backgrounds give me a shout! :D

• 2 weeks later...