Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

UK heads... need info

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by --zeSto--, Jul 2, 2003.

1. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

Could you geezers* toss out the names of some of the hot garage joints at the moment.
    I'm thinking of the harder stuff like Dizzie Rascal, none of that Dodger carp,
    but witty like Mike Steets.

any help?

*that was for sneak

2. sneak

sneak Guest

haha, easy geezer...

to be honest im not to sure whats been kicking in the garage scene as of late (ive been listening to my dnb more as of late)

try 1xtra which is a nice internet station.

The Dreem team may know whats up. plus there will be a list of top tunes or something going down...

3. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

thanks sneak.

I guess So Solid is just so damn cheesy and there's got to be much
    better shit out there (like Dizzie Rascal)

4. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

Too many musical classifications... how would you describe 'gargage'. you both seem to have good musical taste for the most part is why i ask.....

5. sneak

sneak Guest

i have a feeling that garage is gonna turn out like jungle and fuck itself over...what with all the violence and shit happening in london right now...so all i can say is fuck so solid (even tho id bang lisa maffia!!)

nomadawhat: uk garage is basically speeded up us gargae (or thats how it was originally). it has the familiar 2-step beat. lots of dark basslines, mc's etc. not enough ladies in my opinion/

6. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

I'm not exactly sure what it's being called now... 2-Step UKG whatever,
    but I'm looking for tracks / mixes with the gritty street feel to it.
    I dont want Artful Dodger 'anthems', and I'm not looking for cheese
    like most So Solid tracks with female MC's.

does that narrow it down at all?

7. sneak

sneak Guest

in that case kilo, your best bet would be to listen to some pirates but thats not gonna happe. 1xtra would eb your best bet...check the garage deejays (heartless crew, femme fatal, j da flex)

erm, if your looking for sets, try searching for something by then heartless crew, i listen to them alot.

i call it garage or ukg...

8. One_in_Ten

One_in_Ten New Jack

dub like wayaseystar...

9. sneak

sneak Guest

ZESTO!!

ps, check the garage section of the onextra website. thatll help...

anywho, im out to get high. good luck on your search..ill try and help some more manana

10. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

you did good with that 1xtra sneak!

but sneak... there's no 'us garage'.
    Garage music in the US actually means 'rock band in the garage of their parents house'.

11. Spike

Spike Senior Member

Oh, there is US Garage... don't tell me you haven't heard any? It's basically slower UK Garage... maybe it's only UK people who call it Garage, dunno.

Yeah I know, it's as crazy as UK Hip Hop! :p

12. sneak

sneak Guest

no probs zesto.

im djing at a party in liecester square tonight (woohoo big club night) and ill ask the gargae djs whats whagwarning in that world.

13. krie

krie Guest

junggggggle is masive

14. se_FOUR

se_FOUR Senior Member

So solid can`t play anywhere in this country I don`t think, couple of have been shot 4 or five or maybe more have been done for gun charges and 2 are in prison me thinks.. "Pay as you go" are gritty..

WWW.SOSOLID.COM PRETTY MAD SITE, WELL PUT TOGETHER..

15. shaolinmasta

shaolinmasta Veteran Member

how bout "shut the fuck up"