U.S. hostage Johnson beheaded

DEE38

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2004/WORLD/meast/06/18/saudi.kidnap/top.video.1.jpg'>

Three photographs on an Islamist Web site appear to show the beheaded body of American hostage Paul Johnson, who was kidnapped a week ago by Islamic militants connected with al Qaeda. Abdel Aziz Al-Muqrin, the self-proclaimed military leader of al Qaeda in Saudi Arabia, claimed responsibility for Johnson's kidnapping and the death of another American.

• Video: Report: Johnson beheaded by captors

• Audio Slide Show: U.S. hostage in Saudi Arabia

• Gallery: Paul Johnson held hostage

cnn.com

:(

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

in the video, they said that "the family begged not to kill johnson, he loved their culture and was beginning to read up on islam and he really enjoyed just being a part of the culture in saudi arabia"

thats really sad

Washington Post article:

Arab Television Reports American Engineer Beheaded

By Salah Nasrawi

The Associated Press

Friday, June 18, 2004; 3:00 PM

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) -- An al Qaeda group said Friday it killed American hostage Paul M. Johnson Jr., posting an Internet message that showed three photographs of a severed head that appeared to be his.

The message, in the name of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, appeared as a 72-hour deadline set by the group ended.

"In answer to what we promised ... to kill the hostage Paul Marshall (Johnson) after the period is over ... the infidel got his fair treatment," the statement said.

"Let him taste something of what Muslims have long tasted from Apache helicopter fire and missiles," the statement said.

Johnson, 49, who worked on Apache attack helicopter systems for Lockheed Martin, was kidnapped last weekend by militants who threatened to kill him by Friday if the kingdom did not release its al Qaeda prisoners. The Saudi government rejected the demands.

As the deadline approached, Saudi security forces launched an all-out search, going door-to-door in some Riyadh neighborhoods, as Johnson's wife went on Arab television Friday pleading for his release.

After Johnson's death was reported, his family was in seclusion at a town house in Galloway Township, N.J., where they have been holding a vigil.

A man standing in front of the house identified himself only as "Bill" and said the family did not want to talk to reporters.

One of the three photographs posted on the Web site showed a man's head, face toward the camera, being held by a hand. The other two showed a beheaded body lying prone on a bed, with the severed head placed in the small of his back, the clothes underneath bloodied.

The face looked like Johnson's.

The beheaded body was dressed in a bright orange jumpsuit, similar to those issued to suspected Islamic militants imprisoned by the United States at Guantanamo Bay -- and similar to the suit another American captive, Nicholas Berg, was wearing when he was beheaded in Iraq last month by another group of Islamic militants inspired by al Qaeda.

"To the Americans and whoever is their ally in the infidel and criminal world and their allies in the war against Islam, this action is punishment to them and a lesson for them to know that whoever steps foot in our country, this decisive action will be his fate," the statement said.

The U.S. Embassy in Riyadh had no immediate comment. "We are working on verification," the spokesperson said. Spokespersons for the CIA and State Department in Washington also said they could not confirm the reports of Johnson's death.

A Saudi senior security official, reached by The Associated Press, said: "We have so far nothing on this."

Soon after the statement appeared, the Web site was inaccessible, with a message saying it was closed for maintenance.

Johnson was the latest victim of an escalating campaign targeting Westerners that Saudi and U.S. officials say aims to drive foreign workers from the kingdom and undermine the ruling royal family, hated by al Qaeda.

Johnson was seized on June 12, the same day that Islamic militants shot and killed American Kenneth Scroggs, from Laconia, N.H., in his garage.

Scroggs worked for Advanced Electronics Co., a Saudi firm whose Web site lists Lockheed Martin among its customers. The office number on Johnson's business card was for Advanced Electronics.

The same week as Scroggs' death, another American and an Irish citizen were also shot and killed in Riyadh.

Johnson's death was the second beheading displayed on the Internet by militants with grisly images.

Berg, a businessman, was beheaded in Iraq, and his last moments later appeared on a videotape posted on an al Qaeda-linked Web site. His body was found on May 12. U.S. officials say al Qaeda-linked Muslim militant Abu Musab Zarqawi may have been Berg's killer.

A senior Saudi official in Washington, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the government did not yet have any independent confirmation of Johnson's death. "There is no body, and we know of no videotape," said the official.

Reached by phone at the Bethesda, Md. headquarters of Lockheed Martin Corp., a spokesman said the company had "no official notification on the status of Paul Johnson."

"But obviously we hope that the media reports people are seeing are not true," spokesman Jeff Adams said.

A message posted on the defense contractor's Web site reads "Our thoughts and prayers are with Paul M. Johnson Jr. and his family," but a notation on the message refers to it as "Employee Kidnapped."

Guest BROWNer

i get cosmic vibes that saudi arabia is going

to become very unstable soon. must be fun

being an american living/working there right

now. rip.

holy fuck.

RIP Paul Johnson

it will be something to see if americans heed the bogus state dept warning to leave saudi arabia..if they did the world's economy would grind down to a virtual halt because so many americans are in bed with the oil industry over there.

this situation is gonna continue to get so much worse before it gets better

i really think that after the invasion, then abu ghraib, america is gonna keep paying dearly for this war for many years to come as the fallout becomes more apparent.

At this rate the entire middle east is going to be against us.

Too bad regular joes have to die as an example because the real criminals are cowards.

If shit blows up in Saudi Arabia you can count on this administration forgetting about Iraq just like Afghanistan. 25% of the worlds oil exports right thur.

Secretary of State Colin Powell said he could not officially confirm the killing, but added, "We, of course, totally condemn this action of barbarism, an action which shows what the world is dealing with with these kinds individuals who behead somebody or murder somebody in cold blood." -taken from msn.

right. like the US is so innocent.

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by !@#$%

see: fahrenheit 9/11

even better, see:

Sleeping with the Devil: How Washington Sold its Soul for Saudi Crude-Robert Baer

&

House of Bush, House of Saud: The Secret Relationship Between the World's Two Most Powerful Dynasties-Craig Unger

the military needs to exist obviously and it needs taxpayer dollars.

the reasons why people are in the military are so widely varied it's impossible to make a generalization based on that alone.

i have respect for their decision, and i hope every one of them comes home safe and intact and is THEN able to reassimilate healthily.

but that's a dream.

once the military starts getting it right i can say i fully support the armed forces, for now i'd say that i hope for the safety of the men and women who represent the imperialist ambitions of the u.s. worldwide, and i respectfully hope that we cease those amibitions and get the fuck out of the business of other governments when genocide and political and social fallout is not a consequence of a non-intervention policy.

complicated i guess.

it'd be hard to fully explain my views on this without making an inordinantly long post.

Originally posted by !@#$%

see: fahrenheit 9/11

not a bush supporter by any means...but i refuse to support the man who wrote this outragously ignorant and judgemental statment:

"Mumia probably killed that guy [Officer Daniel Faulkner]. There, I said it. That does not mean he should be denied a fair trial or that he should be put to death. But because we don't want to see him or anyone executed, the efforts to defend him may have overlooked the fact that he did indeed kill that cop. This takes nothing away from the eloquence of his writings or commentary, or the important place he now holds on the international political stage. But he probably did kill that guy."

plus he's a doushe.

Please explain to me why we haven't weaned ourselves from middle eastern oil?

The only reason we haven't taken the House of Saud down is that they sell us oil for cheap. They're major supporters of al Quaeda; they send millions of dollars a year to their front groups and it's the home country of Osama Bin Laden and 15 of the 19 9/11 hijackers. The government is oppressive and theocratic. It's all cool though, fuck the women who are legally required to cover their hair in public. We get cheap oil!