Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Two of America's Richest Assail Bush Tax Cut

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by mental invalid, May 21, 2003.

1. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

Two of America's Richest Assail Bush Tax Cut
    Tue May 20, 5:23 PM ET Add Politics to My Yahoo!

NEW YORK (Reuters) - You would think two of the wealthiest Americans would have no problem with a tax cut that would put thousands, if not millions, of dollars in their pockets.

But billionaire investors Warren Buffett (news - web sites) and George Soros, Nos. 2 and 24 on Forbes Magazine's list of the 400 richest Americans, both railed on Tuesday against President Bush (news - web sites)'s plan to deepen income tax cuts and eliminate taxes on corporate dividends.

Bush, who has campaigned around the country touting the plan as a way of creating jobs and boosting stock prices, is pressing for final agreement this week as Congress wrangles to fit the package into a $350 billion limit set by the Senate.

In an opinion article in the Washington Post, Buffett, the chairman of holding company Berkshire Hathaway, said he already pays about the same income tax rate as his receptionist -- about 30 percent.

But Buffett said with the planned dividend tax cut, he conceivably could pay a mere 3 percent in income taxes. Recalling President John F. Kennedy's declaration that Americans should "pay any price, bear any burden" for the country, Buffett said a 3 percent income tax rate "seems a bit light."

"Supporters of making dividends tax free like to paint critics as promoters of class warfare. The fact is, however, their proposal promotes class welfare. For my class," wrote Buffett, whose wealth is estimated at $36 billion.

Soros, renowned for both his swashbuckling speculative bets on currencies as well as his philanthropic work, dismissed the tax cuts. He said they would not revive the U.S. economy in the short-term but were only aimed at helping the rich get richer.

"This move is designed not to have much impact now. It's designed to have an impact over an extended period and it's basically using the recession to redistribute income to the wealthy," Soros said in an interview with financial news network CNBC.

"I think that is really not a very effective way of using a deficit," said Soros, whose wealth is estimated at $6 billion.

2. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

3. mental invalid

im just constantly amazed with how people keep a straight face in the bush admin, and how they are able to sell this to the blue collars......

amazing.....

4. Wilt TA

Wilt TA New Jack

its nice to see disgustingly wealthy people act like they give a damn...maybe they really do...

5. Ken Barlow

Ken Barlow Member

Lets all hope he doesn't win again next year.....

6. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

7. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Bump. Good read.

Sorry I haven't responded to your email, homey. School started again on Tuesday, plus I have some serious shit happening with medical issues and my mom. Blarg. Needless to say, the albums you send are fucking hot. Thanks again, man.

8. mental invalid

jesus.....

dont fret.....that was just an email to give you some background....

hope the music helps a little bit.....

9. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

http://www.angelfire.com/yt/scully2/images/cle1.jpg'>

Republicans know them as the "base".

10. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

i'm consistently flabbergasted the bush administration
    is still in office. the blatant criminality is astonishing.
    these guys are the most ill propaganda(spin) managers
    in a long time. this administration looks to eclipse the success
    of big tobacco's 80 or whatever year PR war.

11. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

edit: i shouldn't use the word 'criminality' cuz these
    guys pretty much made the laws or their buddies did, so really alot of
    what they are pulling is actually legal, even though its becoming
    more and more contentious..

it's amusing how bush tries to slam democrats for their 'special interests'....
    republicans have been pulling this card for years....funny thing is,
    'special interests' almost always boils down to everything
    and everyone BESIDES the rich elite and powerful.

12. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

on another subject, i heard bush had a 10 year ban on the research and development of nuclear weapons by the usa lifted yesterday...... thats great....:rolleyes:

13. Esai

Esai Member

The funny part is how he uses the fact that other countries are developing WMD's as an excuse to start shit with everyone. How hypocritical, but it's crazy how stupid americans are to blindly agree. I really hope he isnt reelected, but homeboys pushin the propoganda strongly and wisely, by the time he's done we'll be in the dark ages. If he's re elected I have a nauseating suspicion that colin powell will be his republican succesor in 2008.

14. grittylifer

grittylifer Banned

really though. if we all stop paying federal taxes at once that administration is straight fucked.
    And with all the infantry non rich republicans for the most part...what they gonna do? bomb us into paying our hard earned moneys to their corrupt use of hypocrytic killing.

fuck it. you got my vote on the succession of California.

15. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest