"two movies in one thread"..dont read unless youve seen troy...

atrocks

ok i saw that movie troy the other day adn it was pretty good....i felt it was soemwhere alogn the liens of gladiator...although the main characters had less dialogue than the oens in gladiator...the action was good...but that hectors brother shouldve kept fighting lil bitch...he was such a puss bag...hahahah he ran to back to hang on to his big brothers feet....i was laughing...it sucks how everyoen at the end gets fucked over except for that lil pussy and his homewreckin girlfriend...

ooo and i also saw that movie the last samurai finally...it was a good movie...but didnt the plot kind of remind u of dances with wolves...and uuh....damn...theres another movie like this thant i cant remmber the naem of...but yeah...these movies are god and all but isnt it wierd hwo the movei is "supposed" to be about soem dissappearing race of people but the persont hat gets the most movie time is the white man that is trying so despeartely to save them by becoming one of them and even taking one of their women as his woman...i dotn knwo...just soem random thoughts before my next class starts....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

i havent seen troy,

but i watched the

story behind it on tdc

last week. i also

learned about mythology

back in grade shool.

paris is a pussy because

he is cupid! (love not war!)

homewreckin girlfriend..haha.

she was forced to marry

the guy she was with before

paris took her. paris saved her.

from what i heard,

helen got the ill nah nah.

my homie said its a good flick.

last samurai looks kinda weak.

:lol: :lol: thanks for the thought cilone...but im just typing faster than i can legibly(sp?) spell....i see those errors but i figure its obvious enough to read so i dont bother fixin em....or maybe u really are on to something....

that paris being cupid was cool...never woulda thought of that....there was another movie i had seen that had the saem plot as troy...i forget which though....

Originally posted by firsttake

i saw Troy last friday. i thought it didnt do the story justice for shit. paris was under-developed, as was odysius. never saw that other shit though...

You're right... that movie was terrible.

1. Roger Ebert in the Chicago Sun-Times writes, "Homer's estate should sue. The movie sidesteps the existence of the Greek gods, turns its heroes into action movie clichés and demonstrates that we're getting tired of computer-generated armies."

2. Ty Burr in the Boston Globe minces few words as he lays into "this surprisingly lumbering $200-million disappointment."

3. John Anderson in Newsday describes it as "a big slab of cheese."

4. But what most of the critics particularly object to are the performances of the three male leads. "The worst casting in recent Hollywood history," comments Jonathan Foreman in the New York Post.

5. Michael Sragow in the Baltimore Sun describes the casting as going "woefully awry."

6. More fun comments by Ebert: So dramatic is that development that the movie shows perhaps 100,000 men in hand-to-hand combat, and then completely forgets them in order to focus on the Patroclus battle scene, with everybody standing around like during a fight on the playground.

7. "...while "Troy" provides dialogue that probably cannot be delivered well because it would sound even sillier that way."

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Fuck everyone. The movie rocked. As a film version of the Iliad, it sucks, so don't go watch it for that.

Watch it for:

-Ill one-on-one fights, especially Hector vs. Achilles

-Amazing camerawork

-I don't care what the critics say, Eric Bana, Peter O'Toole, and Brian Cox deliver great performances.

-Helen's hotness.

Guest WebsterUno
Originally posted by El Mamerro

Watch it for:

-Ill one-on-one fights, especially Hector vs. Achilles

-Amazing camerawork

-Helen's hotness.

who is that girl?

she is playing the

finest girl in the

world, and she is pretty.

the show i was watching

last week had clips from the

film. that fight scene

with achilles looked ill.

i like the jump-downthrust-stab

move he pulls off.

i heard they dont show much of the

gods in this either. that sucks.

My girlfriend and her little sister are goin to kill me if I dont take them, its supposedly their payback for all the movies Ive ever taken them to. Either way Im not too excited. Mams may have some points, but as soon as I saw the trailers I didnt have the reaction of going.

yeah I have heard that girl is on the super fine scale.

Like I said before, the opening battle, where Achilles fights some enormous dude and completely ruins his shit in two seconds flat is worth the money alone. That specific shot is one of the top 5 I've ever seen, and I'm a sucker for really ill shots.

Helen is played by Diane Kruger, some German actress. Absolutely beautiful, but pretty damn expressionless.

Yeah, the gods don't play much of a role, they stick more to a metaphorical/worship level rather than them physically getting involved. On the one hand it would have been ill to show some god power, on the other it presents more of a possible reality of an incredible event, the kind that gets twisted into supernatural myths like the Iliad or the Old Testament do.

In terms of drama, the movie tries incredibly hard to lure you in and impress you, but the only moment it ever achieves this is when Priam confronts Achilles. The rest of the time it's just a little too distant... it fails where Gladiator succeeded immensely.

for some reason brad pitt is just really annoying me for being cast. I mean, I dont not like all the shit hes done, Im just wondering is him being there more for looks/publicity/ and girls, or does he actually play it well?

I had my doubts about him being able to pull off Achilles well, even though I think he's a good actor. He's definitely convincing, not a WOW HOLY SHIT performance, but he didn't bother me at all... I'd give him a B.

hmmm....judging by soem of the reoccurring comments maybe they should have made it with a sequal or even a prequal...???? cus although i enjoyed it....i think they couldve given a lil more info on everyone....maybe i just liked it cus i already knew the story....

Archived