Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

tv tuner cards for computers

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by casekonly, Feb 18, 2005.

1. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

first off: i realize that i have a computer thread running on the board, and this should probably go in there, but i wanted to get some opinions, software advice, etc on these things and not everyone goes to my computer thread.

mods: feel free to move this to that thread if need be. i won't get mad.

ok, so i picked up an ati tv wonder card to go in my pc for some video editing stuff i have to do soon. taking a fmaily movie on videotape (it's old 35mm and super 8's transferred to tape) and making some dvd's and video cd's.

so, i get it home, install software, everything works fine. drivers are all good, reception is fair, etc, etc.

i decide since the reception is only fair, i need to update my drivers and media center software. i do this, and the damned thing bugs out when i go to watch tv and freezes up my computer...i uninstall the media center and go on a search for some dope tuner software and come across windvr

http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/WinDVR_Profile.jsp

some bad ass shit. i get perfect reception form my cable hookup, my ps2 looks awesome on a monitor, and i now have tivo like recording capabilities....sadly, though, by uninstalling the ati media center i lost mpeg4 encoding...dammit.

do you guys/girls (key3, i'm aiming this at you partially) have any suggestions for software, horror stories with the ati tv wonder card, or any shit you'd like to sahre???

key, what hardware are you running on your media computer at home?

2. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

Includes 12 fresh-cut, long-stemmed roses accented with Baby's Breath. Flowers are hand-picked and tied, then shipped directly from our fields along with your personal message. Vases are available during check out.

3. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

you didn't join the postcard project, you wanker. i'm kinda pissed at you atm.

4. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

i find it funny that you hook up your ps 2 to the comp to play games that would prolly look better running on your comp

5. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

provided a PC version exists of course

Casek, i have a weird question. you compared speed to the coyote, what does marijuana correspond to?

6. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member