TV Brainwashing (psychological operations)

metallix

Multimillion-Dollar Psy Ops Facility Opens In Fort Bragg

Facility Will Help Disseminate Information To Foreign Audiences

POSTED: 11:20 a.m. EDT July 1, 2003

UPDATED: 11:35 a.m. EDT July 1, 2003

FORT BRAGG, N.C. -- TV and radio broadcasts may not seem like good weapons of war, but Army officials said they have proven to be successful in Afghanistan and Iraq. A multimillion-dollar facility will increase the effectiveness in getting the sorts of messages out.

High-tech equipment will be used to disseminate important information to foreign audiences.

On post Monday, Fort Bragg leaders opened a new $8 million media operations complex to help with their production. New equipment like printing presses are already in place. More high-tech equipment will be added over the next five years.

"All our work will be done in digital format so that will increase our quality of products and timeliness of our products," said Col. James Treadwell, commander of the 4th Psychological Operations group.

Even though the wars are over in Iraq and Afghanistan, officials said the missions are not over. Every day, soldiers are producing new messages to be sent out in both countries.

The new facility and all its space is expected to increase the support they provide to warfighting commanders.

"Over the past few years, the military and the rest of the world has realized the importance of Psy Ops and how it's a major factor in winning the wars we get involved in," said Sgt. Dan Millbauer, an Army broadcast journalist.

Psychological Operations soldiers at Fort Bragg have recorded more than 20,000 radio hours for broadcast in Iraq and Afghanistan. They have also made more than 150 million leaflets for use in Iraq.

Previous Stories:

March 20, 2003: Fort Bragg Psy-Ops Soldiers Busy In Iraq, On Homefront

Reporter: Melissa Buscher

Photographer: Michael Joyner

OnLine Producer: Kamal Wallace

Copyright 2003 by WRAL.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

http://images.ibsys.com/2003/0701/2304762_200X150.jpg'> if you don't think this is being used in civilian ways, wake up.

KILL YOUR TV.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I agree---Television is a tremendously negative influence in our society. To be honest, I can't believe that the Government and the CIA, etc., could resist such a tempting, powerful molder of public opinion. Don't think for ONE SECOND that TV isn't designed to influence you and get you to act--buy--be passive.

All that ridiculous packaged-for-adolescents pablum, like MTV and all the rest of that SHIT that gets kids to buy music CD's and DVD's, and sports equipment and sports clothing and $250 tennis shoes--it's insanity. WHY would you let those CHEESEBALL MOTHERFUCKERS control your life like that? All that bullshit packaged-for-TV rebellion, like Emenim or whatever his name is----what a load of CRAP.

They tell you over and over and over and over "You poor thing, you're oppressed, you need help, you can't make it by yourself...Vote for ME.

What a bunch of shit.

THINK FOR YOURSELF THINK FOR YOURSELF THINK FOR YOURSELF

You don't need somebody else to tell you what's good, or what should be popular, or what kind of clothes are "cool." Fuck them. THEY ARE RIPPING YOU OFF AND CONVINCING YOU TO LIKE GETTING RIPPED OFF. You kids are getting played like a motherfucker.

You notice that they never tell you that both the facts of the case AND THE LAW can be judged by a jury. They never tell you that you DO NOT HAVE TO LISTEN TO THE JUDGE WHEN HE "CHARGES" THE JURY. "CHARGING" THE JURY IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Hollywood will never tell you that the income tax laws are unconstitutional. They will never tell you that GUN CONTROL DID NOT EXIST UNTIL EX-SLAVES WERE MADE FREEDMEN. The powers-that-be did not want black people to be armed. They passed gun control laws to keep the ex-slaves helpless.

They will never tell you that the Gun Control Act of 1968, passed after JFK was assassinated, comes WORD FOR WORD FROM NAZI GUN LAW FROM 1932.

They will never tell you that at age 17 you automatically become a member of the unorganized Militia (United States Code, Title 10, Section 311, 312, etc.) They will never tell you that at age 18 you have a RIGHT to own a military service rifle, and that you have the RIGHT to use deadly force "in defense of your life, or defense of the State."

At 18, you guys have all the rights and privileges, and ALL THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF ANY OTHER ADULT CITIZEN, except that you cannot drink alcohol.

They lie like hell. You guys better find out the goddamn truth for yourselves. They want you to be ignorant, uneducated, silly-ass consumer SHEEP. Think for yourself. And don't trust some fucking bullshit they tell you on MTV or teach you in those shithole politically correct high-school classes. READ. LEARN THE TRUTH FOR YOURSELF.

Originally posted by KaBar2

I agree---Television is a tremendously negative influence in our society. To be honest, I can't believe that the Government and the CIA, etc., could resist such a tempting, powerful molder of public opinion. Don't think for ONE SECOND that TV isn't designed to influence you and get you to act--buy--be passive.

All that ridiculous packaged-for-adolescents pablum, like MTV and all the rest of that SHIT that gets kids to buy music CD's and DVD's, and sports equipment and sports clothing and $250 tennis shoes--it's insanity. WHY would you let those CHEESEBALL MOTHERFUCKERS control your life like that? All that bullshit packaged-for-TV rebellion, like Emenim or whatever his name is----what a load of CRAP.

They tell you over and over and over and over "You poor thing, you're oppressed, you need help, you can't make it by yourself...Vote for ME.

What a bunch of shit.

THINK FOR YOURSELF THINK FOR YOURSELF THINK FOR YOURSELF

You don't need somebody else to tell you what's good, or what should be popular, or what kind of clothes are "cool." Fuck them. THEY ARE RIPPING YOU OFF AND CONVINCING YOU TO LIKE GETTING RIPPED OFF. You kids are getting played like a motherfucker.

You notice that they never tell you that both the facts of the case AND THE LAW can be judged by a jury. They never tell you that you DO NOT HAVE TO LISTEN TO THE JUDGE WHEN HE "CHARGES" THE JURY. "CHARGING" THE JURY IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Hollywood will never tell you that the income tax laws are unconstitutional. They will never tell you that GUN CONTROL DID NOT EXIST UNTIL EX-SLAVES WERE MADE FREEDMEN. The powers-that-be did not want black people to be armed. They passed gun control laws to keep the ex-slaves helpless.

They will never tell you that the Gun Control Act of 1968, passed after JFK was assassinated, comes WORD FOR WORD FROM NAZI GUN LAW FROM 1932.

They will never tell you that at age 17 you automatically become a member of the unorganized Militia (United States Code, Title 10, Section 311, 312, etc.) They will never tell you that at age 18 you have a RIGHT to own a military service rifle, and that you have the RIGHT to use deadly force "in defense of your life, or defense of the State."

At 18, you guys have all the rights and privileges, and ALL THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF ANY OTHER ADULT CITIZEN, except that you cannot drink alcohol.

They lie like hell. You guys better find out the goddamn truth for yourselves. They want you to be ignorant, uneducated, silly-ass consumer SHEEP. Think for yourself. And don't trust some fucking bullshit they tell you on MTV or teach you in those shithole politically correct high-school classes. READ. LEARN THE TRUTH FOR YOURSELF.

quoted for redudancy. has anyone noticed how certain agendas of the state are replicated in hollywood and tv movies? KILL YOUR TV.

Guest BROWNer

it was documented and admitted that during gulf war uno

that good ol' CNN(what's their slogan these days?? somethin'

like "the most trusted news source in the world"..?)hired

psyops personnel. they even admitted the division and

everything..BUT.........they weren't actually doing any

operations, noooo, they were 'off duty':crazy:

i think that was broke by FAIR.

anyhow, i don't have cable, and i haven't had it for

probly 3 years now and it's fucking awesome.

Guest TEARZ

this is the truly disturbing reality of our existence. i hate this shit.

of course we all know the damage that images and advertising and commercial and political psych-ops are inflicting on us in an intellectual sense, but when you see it and experience it first hand when you are around kids, especially younger than 13, the shit just makes me want to cry. some of the damage is irreversable.

and i don't give a shit if america is an overly litigious society; i'd like to start a class action suit and sue some motherfuckers for all of the brain polluting damage they've done to us all.

TEARZ

For Christ's sake, man, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOURSELF. Don't blame them. Blame you. You guys need to get up off this "It's not my fault, I'm just a victim" shit. LEARN THE TRUTH FOR YOURSELF. Stop depending on the Hollywood Propaganda Machine to provide you with information and ideas and values. They have the fucking value system of a child molestor. THINK FOR YOURSELF. You should already know what's right and what's wrong, unless your parents are completely incompetent.

What frightens me is that I meet so many kids that cannot read, know nothing about history, know nothing about law (they think they do, but they don't), know nothing about the Constitution, have no marketable skills, no high-school diploma, no desire to become educated.

They are being set up for fascism.

WAKE THE FUCK UP AND START LEARNING.

Guest TEARZ

Re: TEARZ

Originally posted by KaBar2

For Christ's sake, man, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOURSELF. Don't blame them. Blame you. You guys need to get up off this "It's not my fault, I'm just a victim" shit. LEARN THE TRUTH FOR YOURSELF. Stop depending on the Hollywood Propaganda Machine to provide you with information and ideas and values. They have the fucking value system of a child molestor. THINK FOR YOURSELF. You should already know what's right and what's wrong, unless your parents are completely incompetent.

What frightens me is that I meet so many kids that cannot read, know nothing about history, know nothing about law (they think they do, but they don't), know nothing about the Constitution, have no marketable skills, no high-school diploma, no desire to become educated.

They are being set up for fascism.

WAKE THE FUCK UP AND START LEARNING.

kabar you are so fucking full of shit. you bounce around this place dispensing your advice and commentary haphazardly thinking that you are the only one on this board with your life together or with any degree of agency. you're like a fucking broken record, saying the same old shit to everybody regardless of who they are and where they are at, assuming that everyone on here is the 16 year old boner boy dumbass that you imagine them to be so that you can posit yourself as the great savior/ wise sage figure. as a result, half the time your comments are completely out of context and inapropos. man, just shut the fuck up, your act is fucking tired, duke.

so after that diatribe, i will respond to what you said... if you read my post, i was talking about the damage that media and advertsing does to kids, young people, those who cannot think for themselves or be protected fully, or lack the skills to be "media literate" or think critically. the damage is already done... how many advertising songs and slogans and bullshit do you have swimming in your head? that's pollution man, and of course we are all responsible for ourselves, thanks for the heads up, but advertsing and these psych-ops that go hand in hand are a pollution that is largely UNAVOIDABLE if you live in america unless you want to be on some unibomber live in the woods shit.

the #1 person that kids under 6 can identify is ronald mcdonald. don't even get me started on cigarette advertising in kids magazines through the 80s. my parents weren't intellectuals dude, they cared a lot about my siblings and myself, but they, like most people, weren't savvy to all of the nasty shit that bombards kids everyday from every angle, nor could they fully protect us even if they were.

someone has to blame THEM. if no one ever blows the whistle, then people will go one doing what they are doing, thinking that it's ok to let their kids watch tv for 3 hours a day, got to every hollywood movie or buy gta vice city. we agree that these media people are scuzzy motherfuckers, my point is that just as "we" should be responsible for ourselves, so should THEY, especially with regards to how they prey on the vulnerable. so despite your neo-con message of the "victim mentality," you're right, it's not ok to simply digest and accept everything being "done" to you by media without being critical or challenging it- but who are the real fucking devils man? not the people. damn right i'll blame "them" for the shit that has been done to me that was beyond my control- anything beyond that and i'm the sucker for trying find a scapegoat.

Guest BROWNer

my nukka on point.

i was up at my parents this past weekend(they have cable)

and i was disturbed by the whole 'Hulk' thing...i haven't seen

any commercials or previews until this weekend, but i have

been seeing a fucking TON of marketing at wal-mart etcetry,

all geared towards young boys. the preview i saw was just pure total

violence..he warps into the hulk and goes on to beat

the fucking shit out of this dude. even his transformation was fucked

up.

TEARZ

If you don't like my opinion, then ignore it. You cannot control anything or anybody but yourself. trying to do so is a complete waste of time, but believe me, if enough people agree, they can have a tremendous effect on companies/politicians/large organizations, etc.

Case in point: Smith & Wesson Firearms. S&W got purchased a few years ago by a British-owned firm. They were the ultimate liberal dicksuckers. They wanted to cut a deal with the Clinton administration to force the Federal government to only do business with them, and to pass laws outlawing any handgun that did not have a "one user only" feature, like a special ring that the shooter must wear that would "enable" the weapon. Without the special ring, nobody else could fire it. They didn't just want to make it an option, for people who wanted such a feature, they wanted to make it MANDATORY.

American gun owners drove Smith & Wesson into bankruptcy in less than six months. Nobody, or just about nobody, would buy ANY Smith & Wesson products. It was a very effective boycott. They wound up selling the company to another much smaller company that previously had only manufactured an item called a Saf-T-Lok (if memory serves), but which was owned by very staunch supporters of the 2nd Amendment. Today, S&W is going like a house afire, and because the owners are patriots and not sorry-ass traitorous bastards, they are becoming wealthy as shit.

I HATE Hollywood. Virtually everything they produce is sewage being pumped straight into the minds of unsophisticated young kids who don't know any better. You could not possibly hate smoking as much as I do. It kills 440,000 Americans a year, and cripples millions who sustain emphysema, and I think that if any drug should be outlawed, tobacco is the one. Dollar for dollar, and life for life, it is far, far, far more destructive than any of the other drugs, even crack. It is a well-known fact that back in the 1930's and '40s, Big Tobacco owned significant stock in Hollywood film companies, and required big name stars to smoke cigarettes in their films. Humphrey Bogart didn't smoke at all. They required him to do so. He died of lung cancer in '56, I think. His wife, Lauren Bacall, lost a lung to cancer, because she was required to smoke in her movie roles too.

But, despite all that, Bogart and Bacall had a choice. Their problem was that nobody knew how dangerous tobacco really is back then.

Big Tobacco and Hollywood didn't just kill Bogart with cigarettes, they also killed MILLIONS of young teenagers who thought that smoking looked "so cool" in those films.

Movies and music and music videos, etc., are extremely powerful mediums for motivating impressionable people to do something. 2Fast 2Furious is an excellent example--it has caused a wave of high-speed street-racing deaths nationwide. Every time some sonofabitch in Hollywood thinks up some new antisocial message to send out to America's teenagers, HE gets rich, and hundreds, if not thousands, of young kids' lives are destroyed. How many black kids do you suppose have died because of the monstrous hate-filled message in gangsta rap? 20,000? 30,000? Those motherfuckers producing that SHIT should all be in prison. Every time one of those assholes from Death Row records, or whatever, kills another one, black mothers all over America should be cheering. One less MONSTER on the count. One less sorry motherfucker getting rich off minority kids murdering one another. They have created an antisocial gang culture that is hundreds, maybe thousands of times as lethal to black kids than all the white racists ever born. And none of you guys seem to be willing to call them on it.

Most aspects of the modern youth culture seem to revolve around exploitation, intimidation and hate. Every kid says that it's not true, and then they turn right around and glamorize the most perverse, antisocial attitudes that we've ever seen portrayed in the mass media. Where ever these messages are accepted, ruin follows.

Ask yourself WHY Hollywood is so busy trying to convince kids that regular life is no fun and working hard in school and obeying the law is uncool. Ever think about it? Maybe they aren't in conspiracy, but the effect that it has is rich people in Hollywood make movies convincing kids to be antisocial, and then other rich people make a fortune building prisons to lock up the lawbreakers, and then other rich people EMPLOY the convicts to staff their businesses being run inside the prison. What is so valuable about convincing thousands of people that their lives suck and that they should have contempt for anything and everything worthwhile about their nation? Do you suppose the kids of the wealthy are running around gangbanging and using dope? I don't think so--I think they are getting ready to go to an Ivy League college. They are sophisticated enough to realize that all that CRAPOLA that Hollywood puts out is just exactly that---crapola.

Many of these kids who are wasting their lives are plenty smart enough to be successful in normal life--work, school, etc. But the culture of rebellion and criminality that they have adopted will probably prevent them from ever getting their heads out of their asses. Maybe--if they are lucky--as they grow older they will catch on.

Nobody can control you but you. Scapegoating idiots is a waste of time. Think for yourself and take responsibility for yourself. Hollywood can generate hour after hour of propaganda, and Big Tobacco can spend billions on advertising, but NOBODY can MAKE you believe it. Your life is nobody's responsibility but your own. Don't expect them to tell you the truth. They won't. They manufacture basketball shoes for pennies using slave labor in Indonesia, and then sell them in the ghetto for $150 or $200 a pair. And the kids buying them think that they fucking rock.

That really sucks.

for more connections on how the US government and prison system is similar to that of fascist rule.. yuo can read the GULAG ARCHIPELAGO by Aleksander Solzhenitsin, this book is about the old russian prison system and how it was during the rule of Joseph Stalin, its crazy how the gulags "forced labor camp" is similar to the u.s. prison system where they use prisoners as telemarketers...shits crazy:crazy: