TURNTABLES???

~KRYLON2~

for the last year i've been going over to a friends house and using his tables becuase becuase i didnt want to spend $800 on a setup and then not like it.....but i've made up my mind im getting some turntables....the question is which ones should i get..i cant afford technic or vestexs tables so i've been thinking about getting stanton..i already got a vestex 05 thats practically brand new i juss need some tables...anyone got any advise on whats good for under $800......i also heard numarks pretty much suck so forget that

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I have dealt with several types, and ended up getting 1200's First I got one used for like 250 with some records, really beat up, but it worked. It took me about 2-3 years later, but I found another one for 150, europian model but worked. It may have took awhile but I finally got one. Look one ebay, and in the want ad press. I am sure there are other places you can look on the internet too, but its not impossible to find them cheap. Dont be afraid to buy them one by one, I think thats why I got them cheap, cause most people sell them in pairs. 1200 are amazing, the first one was 3rd generation (i bought it used from someone else who bought it used) and it still works like a charm, only the light dont work. I almost never hear of someone having problems with one, so I would not worry bout getting a used one. I would not recomend anything else.

Guest PAYROLL

"Come on down to Freaky Friday Night at the P.O.B.--that's Platinum of Birmingham! I'm ya boy, Bartel Bartel, and we'll be cuttin' it up all night long with 'Warm It Up' Chris Coleman on the one's-and-two's! And you know we keepin' it CRUNK with the ladies gettin' in free befo' midnight. So bring yo' black, bitch ass to 2nd Avenue N, downtown, to the P.O.B.--that's PLATINUM of Birmingham, nigga!!"

my friend has 1200's but there pretty beat...the motor makes a funny noise.....i looked on ebay but its a bitch to keep on bidding.....most tables in the classifids are either fucked up or the people want to sell there whole set up for $1400....i would like to get some SL1200M3D's but most places sell them for $1200 a pair....i was recently on www.1200s.com and they have some decent prices on tables

If you are gonna get tables...do it right. if you buy generic and you really get serious about it, you're going to want quality tables anyway... so save yourself the money and the time. and go for the kill. if you decide you don't want to do it anymore you could always sell them to people like yourself. they hold their worth pretty good. nawmean.

a table is a table, most of them are all the same. some just have more gadgets than others. numarks dont suck at all, i rock numarks and i've rocked alot of things and trust me, they dont suck. if you have $800 then you have enough for a descent set, you'll probably end up wanting to get new needles wich can run anywhere from $20-$200 and then your gonna want everything else that goes with it, so my suggestion is go to a dj store or guitar center and try out some tables and get the feel for the one that fits you, the only thing that there is a difference in, meaning one is better than the other, is the mixer.

i'll be back with some flixs and table styles that you might like! and it depends what you want to do, are you mixing house, rap, hip-hop etc.?

dude.. get 1200s, anything less and your cheating yourself.

i was frustrated on some weak ass vestax when i wanted to learn to scratch, let me tell you when i got my 1200..*i only could afford one,* i was soo damn happy its the only one i use now.. i just lay down beats on my computer and use the table to scratch with.. one-table style.

well let me put it like this, if all you got under the needle is hip-hop, then you most likely would want high quality tables cause its mostly scratching. the mixer doesnt have to be anything special

if your mixing something like hardcore house, trance, or techno then i would suggest a high quality mixer cause its all mixing, the tables can be anything descent, but you would want good needles that can hold the grooves tight enough.

i dont know how expirienced you are so i dont know how to address you to a good quality table for someone of your abilities.

and whatever you do, dont buy off of ebay, i know someone who got a pair of tables off of their and paid $1,200 for a nice "looking" set(he got a flick from a website of the tables in mint condition) and when they arived they were really beat up and banged and one of the neddles were missing and the other needle was off of a cheaper set and the box covers were all scratched up and one was cracked and the mixer was missing a few knobs, and then the guy tried to say it was lost during the shipment, as if the parts got up and ran away. this sucks because all you can do is give them a bad report but that other fool got $1,200 out of it and that guy had a P.O box which was canceled after that no one could get him back for ripping them off.

Originally posted by MR.garf_E

a table is a table, most of them are all the same. some just have more gadgets than others.

^ that ^ is the dumbest thing i have ever, EVER read..

i rock numarks

good grief....you're a techno dj right ?

:rolleyes:

just the other night i went to my friend's house and tried out his tables. first time i ever messed with something like that. it's definitely harder than it looks or sounds.

table 1 : childrens' christmas carols

table 2 : heavy d and the boyz

awww yeahhhhh. fun stuff though.

numark does put out good shit in the past few years.

they're no longer just a generic poor man's turntable..

the new one's supposed to be the best ever, but that shit is like $430 (read: fuck that!)

their second best or whatever seems to be basically a new look for the same tt-1/tt-2 model they released a few years ago. actually, vinroc and a lot of djs turned in their techs when the tt-1 came out i believe.

I've got Stanton Str8-80s and they're like butter. Super nice tables. I got the tables and mixer in one of those DJ packs through Turntable Lab www.turntablelab.com. They usually have good deals on packs. I got The Platinum Pack (2 str8 80s, 2 cartridges, nice headphones, nice mixer) for $600. Good stuff though. I think they're good tables to start with. Then go from there and decide if you want 12s.

Archived