Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

TURNTABLES???

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ~KRYLON2~, Oct 19, 2002.

1. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

for the last year i've been going over to a friends house and using his tables becuase becuase i didnt want to spend $800 on a setup and then not like it.....but i've made up my mind im getting some turntables....the question is which ones should i get..i cant afford technic or vestexs tables so i've been thinking about getting stanton..i already got a vestex 05 thats practically brand new i juss need some tables...anyone got any advise on whats good for under $800......i also heard numarks pretty much suck so forget that

2. Big Bruno

Big Bruno Senior Member

i figure, do something original.

3. BluntedMonky

BluntedMonky New Jack

its a waste of money......unless your going 2 persue a career........

4. FourOneTwo

FourOneTwo Member

look for a dj that you would trust and know that is from your area. that way you know they wouldnt fuck you over. or yu could simply ask your friend where he got his.

5. 150's~

150's~ Guest

I have two SL- 1200MK2s if the offer is right, bro. Hollerrr

6. Slyle CMC

Slyle CMC Senior Member

I have dealt with several types, and ended up getting 1200's First I got one used for like 250 with some records, really beat up, but it worked. It took me about 2-3 years later, but I found another one for 150, europian model but worked. It may have took awhile but I finally got one. Look one ebay, and in the want ad press. I am sure there are other places you can look on the internet too, but its not impossible to find them cheap. Dont be afraid to buy them one by one, I think thats why I got them cheap, cause most people sell them in pairs. 1200 are amazing, the first one was 3rd generation (i bought it used from someone else who bought it used) and it still works like a charm, only the light dont work. I almost never hear of someone having problems with one, so I would not worry bout getting a used one. I would not recomend anything else.

7. PAYROLL

PAYROLL Guest

"Come on down to Freaky Friday Night at the P.O.B.--that's Platinum of Birmingham! I'm ya boy, Bartel Bartel, and we'll be cuttin' it up all night long with 'Warm It Up' Chris Coleman on the one's-and-two's! And you know we keepin' it CRUNK with the ladies gettin' in free befo' midnight. So bring yo' black, bitch ass to 2nd Avenue N, downtown, to the P.O.B.--that's PLATINUM of Birmingham, nigga!!"

8. Wi$H

Wi$H Junior Member

it's all about the 1200's

9. InDY_500

InDY_500 Veteran Member

man just steal ur friends then vring it back bout 2 years later and tell him u found them..............

10. sneak

sneak Guest

you just have to get 1200s or 1210s. no 2 ways about it

11. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

my friend has 1200's but there pretty beat...the motor makes a funny noise.....i looked on ebay but its a bitch to keep on bidding.....most tables in the classifids are either fucked up or the people want to sell there whole set up for $1400....i would like to get some SL1200M3D's but most places sell them for $1200 a pair....i was recently on www.1200s.com and they have some decent prices on tables

12. TRAMP

TRAMP Member

If you are gonna get tables...do it right. if you buy generic and you really get serious about it, you're going to want quality tables anyway... so save yourself the money and the time. and go for the kill. if you decide you don't want to do it anymore you could always sell them to people like yourself. they hold their worth pretty good. nawmean.

13. MR.garf_E

MR.garf_E New Jack

a table is a table, most of them are all the same. some just have more gadgets than others. numarks dont suck at all, i rock numarks and i've rocked alot of things and trust me, they dont suck. if you have $800 then you have enough for a descent set, you'll probably end up wanting to get new needles wich can run anywhere from $20-$200 and then your gonna want everything else that goes with it, so my suggestion is go to a dj store or guitar center and try out some tables and get the feel for the one that fits you, the only thing that there is a difference in, meaning one is better than the other, is the mixer.

i'll be back with some flixs and table styles that you might like! and it depends what you want to do, are you mixing house, rap, hip-hop etc.?

14. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

right now i've been mixing alot of hip hop mostly local chicago heads..and a little DnB

15. E-DubleSkilZ

E-DubleSkilZ New Jack

i would get used 12oo's