Turntables

Guest Ted Wakowski

Guest Ted Wakowski

I just got back from the DMC regionals. Fucking off the hook. This one kid killed it and had the audience buggin.

Some herb got up on stage and tried to promote his corny ass computer software shit and the crowd straight clowned him for fronting on vinyl. Fucking hilarious.

Hip Hop is kinda ill.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

did Q-Bert make a appearance? or isnt he a judge or someshit?

I got his mix cd from 93 or 92...off the scale..bugs bunny, marvin the martian, forty niners touchdown, wildstyle, beatstreet, toilet flushing etc. samples with tons of scratching on all kinds of funky breaks.

Guest Ted Wakowski
Originally posted by GLASS*ETCH

did Q-Bert make a appearance? or isnt he a judge or someshit?

I got his mix cd from 93 or 92...off the scale..bugs bunny, marvin the martian, forty niners touchdown, wildstyle, beatstreet, toilet flushing etc. samples with tons of scratching on all kinds of funky breaks.

Nah Q-bert was absent.

It was just regionals.

Red Alert was chillin as usual though. Dude was droppin old-school knowledge like I drop worthless commentary.

Guest Stapler

That would have been some crazy shit......Turntables plus competition equal a fuckin mad ear beating......Wish they had that shit in japan and was cheap to get into [fuck the exspensive everything here]

:D

Guest Dyptheria
Originally posted by Ted Wakowski

Some herb got up on stage and tried to promote his corny ass computer software shit and the crowd straight clowned him for fronting on vinyl. Fucking hilarious.

it's too bad that those kids didn't realize that people like qbert, and d styles use computer software to make their beats, then get it pressed on vinyl to mix and scratch with. Any serious dj knows how to make his/her own beats, and will use whatever necessary to do so. not to mention dj shadow who, although creates his stuff on turntables, actually makes his albums with a computer for clarity.

Guest Ted Wakowski

Re: Re: Turntables

Originally posted by Dyptheria

it's too bad that those kids didn't realize that people like qbert, and d styles use computer software to make their beats, then get it pressed on vinyl to mix and scratch with. Any serious dj knows how to make his/her own beats, and will use whatever necessary to do so. not to mention dj shadow who, although creates his stuff on turntables, actually makes his albums with a computer for clarity.

Nah, this was software that's used live and takes the place of actual records. I really didn't have an opinion but it was crazy to watch some of these die-hard vinyl junkies in the crowd go ape shit on this guy. Hardcore types.

Guest 87centHitMan

yeah, people that just use that computer shit need to get on the TABLES!!! Usong some computer software to matchbeats and shit is SO LAME...any idiot can do that shit. If they are your own original beats, get that shit pressed at all costs. Bustin' out the vinyl is what it's all about. And another thing. FUCK CD MIXERS. those are lame too. Especially the "scratch" function. That shit is so wack...

Archived