Turn Red Lights Green With a MIRT

GamblersGrin

http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/176/44

http://www.themirt.com/

quote from the first link:

" I have been hanging onto this information for quite awhile, but since FromTheShadows released Box 4.0 that touched on it, I decided that I should probably let this info go. The device the "mysterious hacker" is using to change all the RED lights to GREEN is a MIRT. It is nothing "secret" or extraordinary. A MIRT is a device that uses Infra Red technology to trigger Pre-Emptive sensor on a traffic light and causes the light to change to green. Yes, this device will give you the ability to ALWAYS HAVE A GREEN LIGHT. The shadowy hacker did at least give one good tid-bit of info, if you want to order one, you will need to do your share of Social Engineering, as they are only sold to "Authorized Users". Oh, and you will need to pony up the $300-$400 to get one.. Well, paying isn't the I-Hacked way, lets build one! Today I am going to show you how to build a DIY Mirt for less than $20.

Before we begin, let me state that the legality of such a device is interesting. Since the device emits an IR signal rather than a radio one the FCC has no control over its

production or possession. However the actual use of the product by non-qualified individuals would be illegal. It is probably against your STATE law for you to own & operate one of these. I must insist that you check with your local law enforcement before you even think about beginning to build one. I checked with mine and just owning such a device carries pretty stiff penalties. (not worth it)"

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by shai hulud@Oct 1 2005, 12:46 PM

If you flash your high beams at certain stoplights, you can get a green light. I've seen it work before, so maybe this explains why cop cars have strobes in the front grill.

But, IR technology is WAY more cutty. I like that.

its true ive seen that happen also

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus@Oct 1 2005, 11:45 PM

Is the extra 30 seconds at a light really worth getting arrested over?

You're missing the point.....

hackers.jpg

HACK THE PLANNNNET!!!!!

Originally posted by Thought Wrong@Oct 2 2005, 01:11 AM

Is that that 1337 bullshit?^^

Ive heard of this shit but dont know where and how the fuck it got famous. Shit seems annoying as fuck.

I don't know who here is old or nerdy enough to remember besides me, but that shit predates the time when the average person could easily get internet access. People talked like that all the time on local BBSes, mostly younger programmer / hacker / cracker / wannabe kids would do it as a kind of code. Shit has been annoying as hell since the spread of the web and everybody trying to do that to be cool. Back then it was just funny, sort of like how it was amazing back then that you could type something on your keyboard and it would somehow get shit out on somebody else's screen across town.

I'm not that old, so I'm absolutely sure it predates the BBS scene too. We were already up to 9600bps modems when I got involved with that, and the first BBS I ran was on 14.4k.

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus@Oct 2 2005, 02:22 AM

I don't know who here is old or nerdy enough to remember besides me, but that shit predates the time when the average person could easily get internet access. People talked like that all the time on local BBSes, mostly younger programmer / hacker / cracker / wannabe kids would do it as a kind of code. Shit has been annoying as hell since the spread of the web and everybody trying to do that to be cool. Back then it was just funny, sort of like how it was amazing back then that you could type something on your keyboard and it would somehow get shit out on somebody else's screen across town.

I'm not that old, so I'm absolutely sure it predates the BBS scene too. We were already up to 9600bps modems when I got involved with that, and the first BBS I ran was on 14.4k.

I don't understand a word you just said.....

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus+Oct 2 2005, 03:22 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Biggus Dickus - Oct 2 2005, 03:22 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Thought Wrong@Oct 2 2005, 01:11 AM

Is that that 1337 bullshit?^^

Ive heard of this shit but dont know where and how the fuck it got famous. Shit seems annoying as fuck.

[/b]

i got like the first half of that but i pretty much get it.

thanks for the knowledge injection.