Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Turn Red Lights Green With a MIRT

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by GamblersGrin, Oct 1, 2005.

1. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin Elite Member

http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/176/44
    http://www.themirt.com/

quote from the first link:
    " I have been hanging onto this information for quite awhile, but since FromTheShadows released Box 4.0 that touched on it, I decided that I should probably let this info go. The device the "mysterious hacker" is using to change all the RED lights to GREEN is a MIRT. It is nothing "secret" or extraordinary. A MIRT is a device that uses Infra Red technology to trigger Pre-Emptive sensor on a traffic light and causes the light to change to green. Yes, this device will give you the ability to ALWAYS HAVE A GREEN LIGHT. The shadowy hacker did at least give one good tid-bit of info, if you want to order one, you will need to do your share of Social Engineering, as they are only sold to "Authorized Users". Oh, and you will need to pony up the $300-$400 to get one.. Well, paying isn't the I-Hacked way, lets build one! Today I am going to show you how to build a DIY Mirt for less than $20.
    Before we begin, let me state that the legality of such a device is interesting. Since the device emits an IR signal rather than a radio one the FCC has no control over its
    production or possession. However the actual use of the product by non-qualified individuals would be illegal. It is probably against your STATE law for you to own & operate one of these. I must insist that you check with your local law enforcement before you even think about beginning to build one. I checked with mine and just owning such a device carries pretty stiff penalties. (not worth it)"

2. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member

whoa, sounds dangerous.

im in.

3. nozaki

nozaki Senior Member

it's all about the "virtual mirt simulator".

4. shai

shai Dirty Dozen Crew

If you flash your high beams at certain stoplights, you can get a green light. I've seen it work before, so maybe this explains why cop cars have strobes in the front grill.

But, IR technology is WAY more cutty. I like that.

5. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

So would it turn the other ones red then?

6. Gunm

Gunm Banned

they busted one of those out in RONIN

7. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

you i need a green light machine for bitches....flash that sensor thing and BAM mad chics on the jock...

imagine that..damn!

8. villain

villain Veteran Member

That's what I'm thinking. Maybe it turns them all green and you have a big pileup at the intersection.

9. odoil

odoil Junior Member

its true ive seen that happen also

10. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

This shit does me no good beings that I don't drive,yo. Give me some sort of magical MIRT-wand I can wave at denim and turn pockets green and I'll start clicking more links than the PGA.

11. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

12. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

a lot of major intersections here in NY have IR sensors that will detect if one of those are being used.

SUPER huge fine and impounding of your car.

13. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

also called a chrome box

14. Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus Senior Member

Is the extra 30 seconds at a light really worth getting arrested over?

15. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

You're missing the point.....

[​IMG]
    HACK THE PLANNNNET!!!!!