Turn off the lights, and watch this

DITDxCULT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Are people actually in this thread giving props to The Ring? That movie was such a steamy pile of Hollywood horror dogshit.

Note to big budget film producers: Predictable movies about chain letters updated to 'chain videos' aren't scary anymore. Welcome to the 21st century.

Guest Pilau Hands

i don't know swif, i just used print screen

i remember trying that before and all i got was a black rectangle...beats me.

Originally posted by 26SidedCube

Are people actually in this thread giving props to The Ring? That movie was such a steamy pile of Hollywood horror dogshit.

Note to big budget film producers: Predictable movies about chain letters updated to 'chain videos' aren't scary anymore. Welcome to the 21st century.

Actually people are giving props to Ringu, which is the Japanese and original version of The Ring. Ringu is a lot better than the American verson, and is pretty old. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you do.

This movie looks pretty awesome to me, so does the movie El Mammero posted. His looks more demented though.

Lets get the facts straight ... especially if you are confused about "The Ring/Ringu" and "The Grudge/Ju-on". Black text = Japanese versions.

The Grudge - 2004 starring Sarah Michelle Gellar

Directed by:

Takashi Shimizu

Writing credits:

Takashi Shimizu (film Ju-On: The Grudge)

Stephen Susco (screenplay)

Plot: An American nurse (SMG) living and working in Tokyo is exposed to a mysterious supernatural curse, one that locks a person in a powerful rage (Hmmmmm....28 days later?) before claiming their life and spreading to another victim.

Ju-on: The Grudge (2003)

Directed by:

Takashi Shimizu

Writing credits:

Takashi Shimizu

Plot: Jealous of his wifes love for another man, a teacher from her high school, a man brutally kills his wife and young son. Searching for the son who has missed a lot of school, the teacher enters their house, only to find the dead ghost of his mother, and consequently has a heart attack and becomes a ghost himself. The story goes on to tell of the new tenants of the house and what they experience, and an investigation by two police officers into why so many people are dissapearing. (I am assuming this was written by someone whose main language was Japanese)

-----------------------------------------------

The Ring - 2002

Directed by - Gore Verbinski

Writing credits:

Kôji Suzuki: (novel Ringu) (as Koji Suzuki)

Hiroshi Takahashi(1998 screenplay Ringu - uncredited)

Ehren Kruger (screenplay)

Plot: When her niece spontaneously dies of fright one week to the day she watched a disturbing video, a cynical journalist (Naomi Watts) travels to the Pacific Northwest in search of the tape's origins and its links to a string of suicides at a horse ranch.

Ringu - 1998

Directed by - Hideo Nakata

Writing credits:

Kôji Suzuki (novel)

Hiroshi Takahashi (screenplay)

Plot: A mysterious video kills whomever views it, unless that viewer can solve its mystery.

Basically what it comes down to is that Takashi Shimizu directed and wrote both the American and Japanese version of JU-ON "The Grude" , when it wasn't the same with RINGU "The Ring".