Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Truth on War

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by shameless self promotion, Mar 28, 2003.

1. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

After taking a long break from 12oz, I have come back to see that the board is filled with the usual bullshit...I'd like to know in what fantasy world you anti-war protesters are living. Let's take a walk down Reality Lane for a minute. The reality is inspections don't work and have never worked. If they did, why is it Iraq has been firing some of those Scud missiles at our troops that they repeatedly said they didn't have? Wait a sec. Our government might be lying to us about that story. How about this: wasn't it Iraq that said they would be arming their troops with some of those non-existent chemical munitions? Yep. Inspections work?

Forgive me, I'm missing the point. It's all about President Bush buying votes with oil, right? Funny how George Bush, Sr. was accused of that yet we still left Iraq and its oil fields. Funny how we haven't been getting gas for a dollar a gallon at the pump from Kuwaiti oil during the past twelve years. I guess we didn't steal their oil either. Here's a thought: maybe the Kuwaiti mission actually had something to do with the fact that Kuwait was invaded and the country's people were being slaughtered by Saddam Hussein. Nah, Bush, Sr. wouldn't have had humanitarian motives in mind, would he?

If you want to talk about buying votes with oil, we don't have to look back too far. Bill Clinton tapped the strategic oil reserves shortly before Al Gore's face-off with Bush. He said it was to Northeasterners with their heating bills. It had no effect on prices, but people were duped anyway. Or how about when Clinton began firing missiles into Iraq during the Monica Lewinsky scandal in 1998. Coincidence? Ask former Clinton advisors George Stephanopoulos and Dick Morris; both have come forward and stated that the goal of the bombings was to get the scandal off the front pages. If you think I'm lying, go check --Stephanopoulos' tell-all book would be a good starting point. And when you see that this is true, just think about all the Iraqis Clinton may have killed for such a self-serving purpose. After all, isn't that what you anti-war protesters are accusing Bush of doing? If that's not using oil as a ploy, what is?

And now it's time to talk about the French. Many war protesters believe the French are opposed to this war because of humanitarian concerns, and therefore, agree with the French. The truth is that the French Government could care less about war casualties. France just doesn't want us to discover what Iraqi scientists who have defected have claimed for years, which is that France has sold Iraq nuclear materials.

And for those of you who claim, as the Iraqi Government has when the issue periodically arose, that it was so they could build nuclear power plants for their people, wake up! Why would a country with a seemingly endless supply of oil need one of those dangerous nuclear plants?

You anti-war protesters accuse Bush of having petty motives for this war, yet you are so blind to the petty motives of the French. Here's what I want out of you anti-war protesters: Once the war ends, and we leave Iraq again without stealing their oil, and when we discover even more chemical munitions beyond what has already been discovered, and when we verify the Iraqi-French connection, which we already know exists, I want you all to hold rallies apologizing to Bush, acknowledging that he was right and you were wrong.

Of course, since you'll never do this, you can just wait for the big "I told you so" as demonstrated by Bush's re-election in 2004. God bless our troops.

~ssp

2. Grandola

Grandola Senior Member

man...

no more war/politics threads please.

3. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

Yeah, Im sorry guys, havent posted in awhile and i figured my last post should be noteworthy...

~ssp

4. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

if they are such do-gooders (you say they went up in the gulf to help out Kuwait last time), then why don't they lift a finger for other countries in trouble, like in Africa?

whatever, though - bomb iraq.

5. Grandola

Grandola Senior Member

all in all, i'm for and against the war, but then again... no one really knows whats goin on or callin the shots cept for bush and sadam.

you're out then, as in your last post? have a good one (life, day, whatever).

6. Ken E. Bus

Ken E. Bus Member

I am not a protester out in the streets and I am not a pacifist who believes any war is wrong. That said I have serious problems with not just the war but the Bush administration.

Yes Saddam is a terrible person and yes he needs to be dealt with. My main problem with this war is the lack of diplomacy we used to bring it about. Daily more and more countries are against us. If it was just France no one would care.

Do you know that Switzerland actually came out and said they don't think the war is a good idea and they felt the US was out of line? The Swiss who don't usually take sides on anything.

Today Russia said that the world was facing the worst global crisis since the cold war.

The US just told Iran that if their proxies interfere they would be considered combatants. Also we are threatening Syria for their actions of supplying arms to Iraq.

North Korea continues to fester. India and Pakistan are having serious issues.

On and on and on.....

7. uncle-boy

uncle-boy Guest

bravo SSP, it was refreshing hearing someone on this message baord who isnt an anti-american.

8. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

the charlatan has spoken

tease droppin' "science".

9. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

"The essence of propaganda consists in winning people over to an idea so sincerely, so vitally, that in the end they succumb to it utterly and can never escape from it." - Goebbels

10. uncle-boy

uncle-boy Guest

isnt it funny that this could be applied to either of us, if not BOTH.

11. bug

bug Guest

why is it that people who question our government are considered anti american? Thats one of the key rights that set us apart from other nations. you guys want a nation of sheep that does whatever the president (a guy who wasn't even elected) says?

pathetic.

saddam has weapons that are nowhere near the magnitude that the US has, why shouldn't the US be forced to disarm?

mr president, you're stupid and need to learn to open your mouth only when you've considered both sides of an issue.

12. uncle-boy

uncle-boy Guest

yes, saddam doesnt have the fire power we have but that in no way means he cant kill tons of people.

and how the fuck are you gonna put the US and saddam in the same boat? are you soooo fucking blind to see what a horrible person this guy is?

13. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

Welcome back shameless...

14. bug

bug Guest

that was easy.

(and if you want to reply, do some research first on what the US has done "because we were bored one day"...and also look into the concept of yankee imperialism)

15. bug

bug Guest

didn't even want to look into what i suggested, just snapped. so typical.