Trucker Hats: First Amendment Protection

DETO

<span style='color:pink'>Trucker Hats: First Amendment Protection

How did we all miss last week's US District Court ruling in Mastrovincenzo v. City of New York? Two "graffiti artists" named Mastro and Nac got an injunction against the city; they sell tagged trucker hats on the street without a license, and argued (successfully!) that, as art, they're protected by the First Amendment. Says the court:

• Plaintiffs offer for sale in public places without a license articles of clothing that they individually decorate with text and images in what they label a graffiti style. [...] Both Plaintiffs paint articles of clothing, especially hats, using paint pens and spray cans, and sell them from sidewalk displays. [...] Each charges between $10 and $100 per hat.

See, they don't need a license, because, somehow, taking a sharpie to a trucker hat makes it art. The real question: why aren't we all downtown demonstrating to put these trucker hat-decorating monsters back in jail?

Rulings of Interest [uS District Court]</span>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

there really shouldnt even be all this legal booshit.....are they goin after these guys cause of what they do or what they did it with....

but yet theres always people tryin to sell like gold or radios or so on so forth in the middle of the streets....why doesnt anyone say shit to those fuckers......

Originally posted by iquit

i wonder if real deal truckers are pissed that new jacks bit their hat style.

i doubt they notice, all they do is drive a truck on the highway all day and go inside afterwards... or something.

the funny thing is yall were rocking them and posting pictures of them half a year ago.

Guest sneak
Originally posted by 2BLAZZED

fuck the trucker hats!!...u fools walk around my city wit ur trucker hats on smokin ur parliments wit ur abercrombie sweaters killin everything we no bout graffiti...fuck um alllllllllll

man, i got myself one when i was in your city. a souvinere, i never bust it out and about.

i have em i rock em.

who cares...

none of you are the fashionites you claim to be, and im sure most do whatevery one else does, and i myself do and thats be trendy. certainly no one here is breaking down fashion barriers...

its okay, it doesnt make you a bad person, and it probably helps you get laid.

so keep you ear to the pavement, and your trucker hat cocked gently to the side.

just make sure you match if you wanna match and clash if you wanna clash.

on the side of the article....great find deto! win for the good guys!

Guest imported_El Mamerro

^Word.

Obviously the kewlest shit is to claim you were wearing/doing/saying stuff before everyone else started doing it.

Yesterday I found a black trucker hat in my closet with my high school's logo in gold on front. Fucking sickness, I was not aware I had this.

http://www.colegiosanignacio.org/WorkingTemp/images/template_CSI_08.gif'>

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

they should have pushed for the death penalty

i voiced this oppinion at a local bar this past weekend and almost got mobbed. I was quite scurred.

there taking over i tell you, there everywere. i have freinds who want me to "decorate" there shits and i just might, because i'd be more "up" then ever, with all these bloody hats around.

yo i fucking hate those posers that where sneakers? i mean what the fuck is that trendy shit!

or fucking jeans?! come on! those things are soooooo fucking hipster!

or tshirts!!! PLAYED!!

fuck just clothes in general!

real niggas keep the shit like adam, just a fig leaf fool!

Archived