Triumph is going to destroy the 'BUSA :(

kingkongone

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I think the absolute worst that could happen is if things stay the same. At least war with Russia is less likely.

War with Russia is actually the lesser of the troubles. China is the big one in both war and trade. And it's not just war it's the shape of the relationship in general.

I don't see the last couple of admins handling DPRK too well but there's not a lot they could do anyway. Hard to do a better job, easy to do a worse job. Then there is Iran. The deal ain't great but it bought maybe a decade. Rip that up and we go backwards. TTP had some faults, no doubt, but ripping it up is a backward step. There are huge risks with home grown terror, marginalizing the Muslim community is the worst thing you can do to fix it (and why Pauline Hanson is a very real challenge for our national security, she categorically does not know what she is doing in that space).

I don't know much about domestic policy but it's hard to find too many folk that aren't ideologues that want to repeal Obamacare (wow, that's an actual autocorrect word with macs) without having something to replace it.

I think the is enormous scope to make things worse than they are now and to think there isn't is to badly misunderstand the current situation.

I think if his advisors can keep him from saying some dumb things he'll do well for us. There are a ton of liberals here in Austin, TX that literally got "passes" to leave class when he was elected. They sent free hot chocolate and therapy dogs to the UTAustin school to console all the wusses. Pretty hilarious, I don't think you saw anyone crying when they didn't want Obama elected and he got into office..... but if it's the other side it's all this social justice warrior crap and cry babying in their "safe spaces".

People need to learn to be people and deal with what cards they've been dealt. He didn't win by cheating, he won by getting more votes than the opposition. Plain and simple, the votes say it whether a lot of people didn't vote or not. I've always been told that if you don't vote you don't have a say so and I believe that stands true here. If you don't like the new president then you're in the minority, here's a box of kleenex's. Get back to work and if you don't like it become a political figure through studies.

I know this post is a little off basis but I'm just tired of listening to people whine about something that they have no control over anymore. The control was in the voting and that ship sailed already. It's time to man the fuck up and do your best.... just like every other time in life. I'm not referring to anyone on this forum by the way, I'm just saying in general people are being all faggy about this "issue". I'm still waiting for all the people that don't have any money and said they were going to move to canada to tear their asses. They're still around crying in the front of their pants about the election which just makes them what smart people believe them to be, all bark and no bite.

I'd also like to point out that when people didn't like what Obama was doing others would just claim that he's the front man and it's the advisors behind the scenes that are actually shaping the direction of the policy and our country. How is this any different? I think it's awesome that Trump is keeping the media out of his meetings. They misconstrue things and twist words, report on only what they like, take small clips and then narrate them to their liking. Fuck the media with a broken glass covered black dildo with steroid veins.... same with the cry babies on social media and picketing in public... fuck them also.

<3 you all btw, this forum is a great place. Let's make the internet great again by discussing things safe space free on 12ozProphet just like it has always been here. I welcome those that disagree and those that agree.

• Like 2

Pretty hilarious, I don't think you saw anyone crying when they didn't want Obama elected and he got into office

I'm still waiting for all the people that don't have any money and said they were going to move to canada to tear their asses.

I think it's awesome that Trump is keeping the media out of his meetings. They misconstrue things and twist words, report on only what they like, take small clips and then narrate them to their liking. Fuck the media with a broken glass covered black dildo with steroid veins.... same with the cry babies on social media and picketing in public... fuck them also.

You can't see the KKK crying with their hoods on! Same with the closet racists when they're in their closet :)

Yeah, those people threatening to leave the country if Trump wins, that's a where are they now story I'd like to see the news cover.

On the surface it's awesome to say fuck the media but in the end they need each other. More importantly, perhaps, is that saying fuck you still gets him media coverage so really they both win and nothing changes there, just a break with tradition on having them take action photos during his meetings/briefings. And finally, he'll still have his little White House photographer to document that shit and release it to the public.

General comment toward what kind of job he might do... there really hasn't been a beloved pres in years. Maybe people gave Clinton a break on his partying and ho fucking, but he's not beloved. Either Bush was pretty shitty on what they did foreign and domestic. I can't think of a pres that we've had in years that one would say yeah- he really turned the country around. No one has caused another Great Depression. So I don't think Trump will destroy the USA. I'm sure these will be good times for corporations, CEOs, utilities, and such. I'm sure things will be tight for the lower/middle classes. Maybe he'll make a good decision or 2.

• Like 1

Different reactions for different folks.

Plenty of kenyan-commie-muslim morons yelling molon labe were out in full force about defending the constitution (only the second amendment mind you, NOT the rest of it) for the last 8 years.

The sensitivity of the left is indeed often laughable, but so is the thin skinned nature of our poorly spoken president-elect.

The right and conservative America in general are so painfully hypocritical that I pretty much avoid these conversations as there is no winning to be had.

Agreed. Sack up, move forward, and hope that the shitheads he puts in place (the ones really doing the work) don't destroy the environment, destroy international relations, step out of NATO, etc etc.

There is nothing the small man/big mouth can do except bitch.

• Like 1

Yeah, the left and right are as bad as each other when it comes to complaining and acting like the fucking sky is falling.

I don't think they understand but they are part of the establishment that has seen politics slide away from running/leading the nation to a self-contained competition for power among the social elite. The polarization and reification of ideology supports idiots like Cruz, Clinton et al and creates opportunities for populists and demagogues like Trump to exploit the inevitable dissatisfaction.

Fox and MSNBC and the pathetic confrontational crap they carry on with is the epitome of what is wrong about two party polarization.

(For some reason, the libertarian side, the angle I most identify with seems to have become the identity that attracts the conspiratorialists and extremists like your militia types who unfortunately seem more and more removed from reality despite their good and true intentions. Australia has them too and they really do not have a ducking clue how and why things work. They get an idea in their head and any info is twisted and crafted to suit their expectations regardless of reason or their knowledge of issues.

Annoys the shut out of me because people like that are such easy prey for smooth talkers and crafty actors to take advantage of.

Anyway, I'm hungry and there's nothing to eat here. I'm going home to raid the vege patch.

• Like 2

Fox and MSNBC and the pathetic confrontational crap they carry on with is the epitome of what is wrong about two party polarization.

That's what this election cycle really drove home to me. Of course, we all know there is bias in the media, but seeing the lies, selective reporting, and hyperbole made it so incredibly apparent. And nowadays, when you can fact check something immediately, it amazes me that people still take things that the media says at face value.

I'm not a fan of Trump, nor was I a fan of Hillary. But seeing how the two party system was able to divide the majority of country into these two camps really showed how shitty it is. Pit both sides against each other, and fuck 'em all over. And now after the election, that division is still apparent. Instead of trying to figure out why people voted the way they did, we're still in our echo chambers throwing insults both ways.

^^They didn't misbehave and whine to the media when Obama was elected.... not that I can remember anyway and they sure as shit didn't get therapy dogs, take the day off passes, and hot chocolate sent to their schools. When "tough" (and I quote that because it's debatable whether a leader you didn't want in power being elected by the majority of voters is ACTUALLY a "tough" situation) things happen you have to be strong, not start drinking on your couch in your robe and sleeping in claiming that life sucks Chicken Little. The sky is not falling... it hasn't fallen yet since any of the people reading this have been alive. It is the left that generally whines and acts like they've been shorted and people owe them something. We now live in a world of people that expect things. This, in my opinion, is mostly because idiots are raising kids. I don't claim that my parents were the smartest people ever but they taught me to be resourceful. I was raised to not expect things and to work for what I have and that's why I cannot get behind all these "programs" where you give people handouts. Sure I've donated to charity, and I will again, but I'm very selective about when and where.

Risc - I wouldn't rely upon "immediate fact checking" online because even the places you would use to fact check are considered biased. Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc all have admins that watch posts and prune/promote based upon what they think. I would imagine that in many cases they have algorithms that remove or promote articles/posts based on keywords and phrases. There are **many metrics upon which one could determine the nature of a post and if anyone believes this isn't being done they are fooling themselves. I do agree that people are quick to take news on face value.

I actually work with a guy that is on the far left and he says things like "Trump has never had a successful business." He also believes that the difference between the DNC and the RNC is that the RNC won't admit that they were hacked. He also says that Putin is puppeting our nation and putting Trump into power so that he can blackmail trump with info that was gleaned from the "RNC hack" into doing what ever Russia wants. He ACTUALLY believes this tin foil hat crap and I guarantee it's because he spends a ton of his free time reading "news" online. He openly admits that he does. He's a "smart" guy and he claims that he sources his news from many different places to remain as unbiased as possible but he said some of the most biased things I've heard and that are typical of the liberals I know. I've coined the term "stupid smart person" because there are educated folks out there that are very hard headed and don't believe that there is any other way outside of what they think or were taught in a university. The guy I'm referring to above retired from the Chair Force, has two kids with a woman that lives in another state, rides a 125cc sit on a toilet seat while you ride moped, and lives in a dorm room on campus with a kid that absolutely is retarded. Dude also lies about getting ripped on reefer all the time by saying he doesn't touch the stuff but a few of us at work have seen him stoned on more than one occasion. This is just one guy out of the many that think and vote the direction he does that I've known. They usually fit very similar profiles. "Super smart" "loves some gas-saving crap thinking they're doing the world a favor" "went to school or served in the military".

I know several people with engineering degrees in various fields and they're by far some of the most susceptible to this fate. My (idiot) professor or my book told me this so it has to be true. Someone wrote it down so it's true. Someone that is smarter than me about something I was ignorant of said it so it has to be true. I question the fuck out of everything.... and you have to have a long history of being "right" before I believe things you say at face value. It's fine if others don't think like I do and I don't expect the world to adhere to my way of doing things or thinking but I do expect people to be smart enough to realize there is no way in the universe for them to be right about everything. Simply admitting that you make mistakes is not good enough. You WILL make mistakes in the future. You WILL be incorrect about something you say. This is why the wise ass old dudes in kung fu movies rarely say things. This cuts their chances of saying something dumb as fuck to almost nil.... and thus everyone thinks they're wise.

I was taught there is no elevator to success, you have to take the stairs. There are a lot of people that believe society and the government owe them something. It's usually not worth trying to discuss it with any of them either because they're so bent on thinking that they're very smart and right about what they think that they don't view things in a pragmatic manner.

Risc - I wouldn't rely upon "immediate fact checking" online because even the places you would use to fact check are considered biased. Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc all have admins that watch posts and prune/promote based upon what they think. I would imagine that in many cases they have algorithms that remove or promote articles/posts based on keywords and phrases. There are **many metrics upon which one could determine the nature of a post and if anyone believes this isn't being done they are fooling themselves. I do agree that people are quick to take news on face value.

Yeah, that's a good point. Taking something at face value online is just as bad (if not worse) as taking something for face value from the media (for reference, see peeing in butts). Any single source is biased in some way. But I suppose what I meant, was that it's possible to refute some of the most brazen lies with tools that most people have available.

Anyways... don't blame me, I voted for boogie hands.

• Like 4

Jesus..., I think it's time to breathe some life back into the U MAD meme again.

I really think it's complacent and passive behavior that is allowing the stupidity to thrive in the USA so much. Sure you can say "u mad" and giggle to yourself but the merit you've offered is arguably none.... unless you're going for a comedy routine, which then, I still argue the merit of saying "u mad" is next to none.

I'm not suggesting that you're not a funny guy or you have nothing smart to say, just that many people tweeting and meme lording out there have very short paths to gratification and the gratification they get is rather cheap. I dunno, I guess whatever you eat doesn't make me shit so I shouldn't care, right? :)

Downtown Austin is shut down today so that cry babies can "stand up" and "reject politics". Funny thing is, I am fairly certain that no amount of standing, sitting, accepting, or rejecting is going to change what is going to happen. It just means i get to work from home today on my couch playing Street Fighter 5 on my big screen and getting paid to do it. Nailed it fuckos. :D