traveling Iraq war memorial

Pfffffffffft

so a few days ago i hear about a 48 hour traveling war memorial for all the fallen US soldiers( at the time the count was up to 1,3000 some odd soldiers)..needless to say..it was sad but worthwhile...here are a few pictures i took..

this memorial might be coming through your town...

here is the website for tour info.....http://www.afsc.org/eyes/

34a6db8e.jpg

64b8489c.jpg

these boots were laided out by states of where the soldier lived before they died.....

soldiershoes1.jpg

soldiershoes3.jpg

soldierboots.jpg

soldiershoes2.jpg

MORE>>>>>>>

PLEASE WAIT FOR REPLY.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i wondered the same thing...

but after i was there i realized how real seeing the shoes and knowing that those shoes were filled by people in WAR. if only those shoes could talk....those people were wearing those shoes when they were fighting, dying and dead...

you know what they say...you can tell alot about a person by their shoes...not all those boots where the same style..some were old and worn out...some were brand new...sad to think that some troops got new shoes before they got deployed and the shoes looked that polished and new when they got killed.

Originally posted by Pfffffffffft@Feb 1 2005, 10:22 PM

but after i was there i realized how real seeing the shoes and knowing that those shoes were filled by people in WAR. if only those shoes could talk....those people were wearing those shoes when they were fighting, dying and dead...

you know what they say...you can tell alot about a person by their shoes...not all those boots where the same style..some were old and worn out...some were brand new...sad to think that some troops got new shoes before they got deployed and the shoes looked that polished and new when they got killed.

the reason why they are so clean because most of them are not the boots they were wearing........

the military gives all the personel effects to the family....

Originally posted by WhAt_dA_fUcK+Feb 2 2005, 02:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WhAt_dA_fUcK - Feb 2 2005, 02:13 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Pfffffffffft@Feb 1 2005, 10:22 PM

the reason why they are so clean because most of them are not the boots they were wearing........

the military gives all the personel effects to the family....

[/b]

according to the people at the memorial...the boots are being "borrowed" by this org.