Trains outside Us.

restless

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fr8lover

QUIT WITH THIS SHIT ALREADY. there are like 5000000000 other threads asking the same question. jesus, will the answer really change your life that much? are you that fixated on america that in denmark you HAVE TO KNOW why we "only paint freights?"

just keep doing what youre doing and people here will do the same. its getting old already.

Originally posted by restless

Why the fuck are you only doin' freights ??? Is it really so fuckin' hard to do anything that ain't a freight over there ???.

first, i think you shouldnt really bother making fun, it gives you more bragging rights anyways. why encourage them to paint subways? you and your boys should go over and do a cross america tour and do every subway since they arent heated yet.

ding ding.

well thats what i wanna do.

Re: Re: Trains outside Us.

Originally posted by T.T Boy

first, i think you shouldnt really bother making fun, it gives you more bragging rights anyways. why encourage them to paint subways? you and your boys should go over and do a cross america tour and do every subway since they arent heated yet.

ding ding.

well thats what i wanna do.

You know it TT, i`m over in NYC next year for a couple of weeks and thats all i`m intrested in doin!!

p.s i`m seeing the landlord tonight, I belled himat the weekend so i`ll find out tonight..Safe bro..

i dont know, why are you guys biting a fucking hip hop culture you have no real understanding of? earth to europe, no one but you guys wears puma suits anymore.

there are roughly a dozen subway systems in the united states, not a single one of them runs with graffiti on it. if you are lucky, your train might spend 20 minutes in service, at 6 in the morning, on its way to the buff.

if you get caught painting them, along with possible jail time, years and years of probation, rules that state if you get caught with so much as a sticker, you can be locked up, you also have $125,000 fines per panel to look forward to.

add to that the fact that there are probably, what, 100,000 writers in the states? i mean, that is a completely random, uneducated guess, but lets say for arguments sake its correct. so, you have 100,000 people, all trying to paint on the same 1000 cars that will never be seen by anyone, and have the potential to destroy every future dream you have if you get caught and completely heat up the scene for all the writers in your city. not to mention the fact that our culture does not see any possible social merrit in graffiti of any kind.

you're right, i cant understand why we dont paint more transit than we do freights.

having said all that, just because its not in magazines, doesnt mean its not happening. since the trains never run, there are never service flics. since the risk involved is so great, no one wants to blow up their own spot by letting their flics leak out. the trains get done for personal satisfaction, and little more. painting transit brings you more heat than fame.

so i know you guys think you're all hardcore an shit, cause you have more trains than people, platforms at every lay up, bike paths that lead you right into the yards, and a police force that still has even a shred of respect for your constitutional rights, but dont think for a second that america isnt holding itself down.

haha, and for the record, i have painted exactly 0 transit trains.

this reply was unecessarily brought to you by pantera's "love song" and a growing detest for anything with tits or a time clock....

I can't see you problem, i would be fuckin' hard to do a train in the US for me cuzz i ain't into your scene.... and by the fuckin' way... the Strain yards is tough as shit over... where to many writers so the yards are always heated up!!! you guy's talk about how you have your own yards... what's up with that... the yards over here you have to battle at least 50 other writers.....

im not saying its not hard to paint trains over there. im saying its like comparing apples to oranges. for you to come on here and act like you guys are 'keeping it real' by doing transit, while we americans take the easy way out and just paint freights, is bullshit. if there was a chance in hell that a train here might even run for a whole day, trust me, writers here would be stabbing eachother for yard space...

Guest fr8lover

freights carry more history than almost any large scale form of transportation that any european can offer.

if transit had tags from the late 60s and just the AURA of freight trains then id be rabid about painting them...but until then (haha), ill be a hick american and continue to hang out in train yards at night and feel like a part of history, and not a part of some big headed sport...

....And let's not forget, my Danish friend, that a Danish prison term is NOT the same a US prison term. When I was over there, a heard a writer refer to your prisons as "hotels". He was surprised when I described the shit that goes on in prisons here. Our two countries are very different. Painting US freights is not the same as painting Danish freights.

Bay Area Rapid Transit Police.

In addition to having the authority to raid your house, they are taking flicks of your name anywhere and opening a case documenting your work. A white out tag on a pole will open a case. They also investigate freeway graffiti in conjunction with the California Highway Patrol.

Plus they shoot writers dead. Any damage over $400 is felony and punishable by up to 3 years in prison and/or up to $50,000 in fines per count.

RIP PLAN B

This is gettin' a little out of hand, it ain't like i'm saying that doin' freight isn't real or shit like that... i was just asking and you sure gave me an answer.... and ok prisons over here is nicer if you could call a prison that. But you can still get up to 4 years for doin' trains over here and shit load of bills to pay.... hey man if i get caught just doin' a wall i'll be broke for the rest of my fuckin' life... freights are easy here, so i chose to hit transit, cuzz that means most to me. I bet you do what you find best, and that ok with me.... i was just askin'!!!

Freights are felonys. You have railroad police, city police, sometimes vandal sqauds keeping tabs on the yards plus heros and private security.

Freight yards are dangerous especially painting on live tracks just around a bend with huge trains screaming by at 3 miles long doing 80 miles an hour. you got doors and crazy ridges to paint. other writers in the yard and crazy crackheads and bums. but your shit runs nationwide for a matter of years. you cant fuck with that. your trains run maybe 100 miles. my shits gonna run nationwide for 100,000 miles.

Originally posted by restless

This is gettin' a little out of hand, it ain't like i'm saying that doin' freight isn't real or shit like that... i was just asking and you sure gave me an answer...I bet you do what you find best, and that ok with me.... i was just askin'!!!

dont front, you thought you were gonna be mr. funny man, then you got sonned, so now your trying to act all innocent. dont even tell me

"Why the fuck are you only doin' freights ??? Is it really so fuckin' hard to do anything that ain't a freight over there ???."

was just a simple question...

Guest schick1

seeking hit it on the nose with his first post............transit does get painted but no one like to share that info cuz the want to keep the info limited. i mean in chicago there really only one or two crews who paint transit consisntly, and only one of those two kills it, so they want as few people painting in yards as possible since lets say if 2 or 3 trains get painted in the same spot in a week that yard will be mad hot and the 4 person to walk in might get busted because security has stepped up, it like a fucking science and its more hardcore than you euro heads could ever fucking imagine, seriosly try spending 6 months in a american prison getting your ass beat for being white, not to mention rapped all for painting a clean train(yeah this is true it happened to some one i know) seriously id love to see any of you come over here, you can stay at my house, ill show you where the yards are and ill give you paint, then yo can go in on your own and get busted quicking than you'd ever thought possibly and have the single worst experience of your life.

Originally posted by fr8lover

freights carry more history than almost any large scale form of transportation that any european can offer.

exactly.

i like to look at what we do as the beautiful merging of distinctly american art with distinctly american history.

not to go against the grain or anything, but while freights might have a huge history of transportation, transit has much more of a history with graffiti in specific. nothing is more 'graffiti' than painting a subway car, be it in denmark or ny. but, that doesnt mean that painting subways makes you more 'real'. going out and killing shit makes you 'real'. the fact is that in america, it is simply impossible to carry out a mass assault on transit. its an issue of too many dicks and not enough chicks.

Originally posted by seeking

not to go against the grain or anything, but while freights might have a huge history of transportation, transit has much more of a history with graffiti in specific.

o yeah, totally. 100% agreed. i was just trying to point out that freight train graffiti represents (for me personally) an appropriate blending of two interesting elements in american culture.

the scene is just totally different i reckon.

the european scene is much more city based and for want of a better word "urban". there is a hell of a lot more countryside in america than europe, so the freight train thing is gonna be much more popular.

but having said that, saying that the subaway cars will naver run is a bit of a cop out, they would have to if you painted enough of them...

hitting passenger trains here is a good idea. one, hit the right one and it will run thru numerous countries for a little while. yeah they do go out of a certain country. for example, hitting a german ice train will get you play in denmark, holland, all over germany, switzerland, france, and maybe italy if your lucky. id say thats pretty decent play. sure the penalties are hard, but dont act like european police are nice either. ask an italian what the fine for doing trains is, the answer will be whatever the cop feels like doing. you might get a bat down, you might get jail, you might get a rubber bullet, or a real one. who knows. i dont wear puma tracksuits but i do like painting subways. just wait until you do your first panel, sit in the station with a bunch of your friends and watch it pull into service. and just look at the look on everyones face. i dont care if the whole world dont see it, that few minutes arethe best feeling ever. but then again, painting freights has an amazing feel to it as well. ehh who cares. its just graffiti.

Originally posted by datum

saying that the subaway cars will naver run is a bit of a cop out, they would have to if you painted enough of them...

in copenhagen, they decided it would be cheaper to buff the cars, than to step up security.

in america the politicians would have no problem shutting down elementary schools if it gave them more money for security, to 'protect' a piece of metal from being written on. our politicians priorities are all completely fucked here.

in order to get trains to run, you would need, literally, to crush almost the entire system, in one night. even if you could pull that off once, it would be the last time that system was ever painted.

your forgetting, this is america, where every arab with a suitcase is a terrorist and we're giving up our freedoms to catch them.

and another thing about frieghts....they are generally laid up in citys. they roll through city after city after city after city after city. they get laid up in yards in city after city after city after city.

and freights are way cooler so all your euro transit heads and your snobby remarks can go fuck your selfs.

spoken like a true american asshole.

originally posted by ttboy.

"just wait until you see your panel rolling. most graffiti writers are dorks anyways."

look canada kid that got to go to europe for the summer...canadian graffiti is all freights fool, you got toronto and vancouver.

you want to fuck with graffiti style wise?

tell me what the fuck graffiti got on Philly, NYC, Baltimore, Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Sacramento, Chicago and cuttsville fucking knowwhere.

you got nothing. you euro cats can crush all the fucking subways you want, but asides from russia and yugoslavia, you got nothing on the context graffiti is written in the united states.

California has the largest prison industry in the WORLD. fuck transit i got scribes up in a federal detention holding facility.

AND BESIDES THAT, I GUARANTEE THAT WEST COAST FREIGHT STYLES WILL BURN THE PANTS OFF ANY EURO STYLE AND DONT GIVE ME THAT WE GOTTA PAINT QUICK SHIT, I PAINT HALF A FREIGHT CAR IN 30 MINUTES.

Archived