Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

trains collide

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by beard, Apr 23, 2002.

1. beard

beard Guest

http://a799.ms.akamai.net/3/799/388/b56d5ccd57cd84/www.msnbc.com/news/1461580.jpg'>

PLACENTIA, Calif., April 23 — A Metrolink commuter train collided with a freight train Tuesday morning in Southern California, killing at least one person and injuring approximately 100 people, some of them seriously, authorities said.

INITIAL REPORTS from the scene indicated that the Burlington Northern freight train rear-ended the Metrolink commuter train about 8:10 a.m., but authorities later indicated that the trains hit head-on.
    The impact buckled one of the cars on the passenger train and caused two others to jump the tracks, authorities said. There was no fire.
    Witnesses told KFI Radio that crew members leaped from one of the trains moments before the impact.
    The passenger train was bound from Riverside to San Juan Capistrano, said Sharon Gavin, a Metrolink spokeswoman.
    Authorities said preliminary information from the scene indicated that about 100 people were injured.
    Advertisement

Capt. Steve Miller of the Orange County Fire Authority told MSNBC TV that most of the victims were “walking wounded” who were able to leave the train under their own power.
    Thirty ambulances were dispatched to the scene, and dozens of stretchers were arrayed alongside the tracks as authorities began removing the injured to a hastily established triage center.
    Metrolink, Southern California’s regional commuter rail service, is in its 10th year of service.

2. Agt. Adopus

Agt. Adopus Guest

I hope your mom was reading a news paper inside

3. beard

beard Guest

sorry, she wasnt.

4. Agt. Adopus

Agt. Adopus Guest

5. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

Werd i was watching that on cnn this morning before going to my history lecture...i was late by 10 min cause i was so interested in it...

I guess that freight pushed the metro train like 30 feet or some shit, and the metro train was totally stopped...pretty nuts..

6. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

WOW! all that kick ass music and Steve Miller STILL has time to be a fireman, truly a king among men!

7. CIPHER_one

CIPHER_one Senior Member

not to make light of something so terrible, but...

I just love the city name.

8. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

shit comes in 3's

ANOTHER train derailment?! This one in Michigan...

9. platapie

platapie Guest

how does thsi crap happned? itsnot like planes theres rails and crap.

10. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

That's about 20-30 minutes from my house. Crazy shit. They went head on. I wonder what happened? Was a driver drunk? Was there a failure @ the station?

11. ODW

ODW Member

thats pretty fucked up that the trains hit head on. someone's losing their job.

12. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

good job rail worker guys,
    i wonder who teh boxo who caused this is.

and liek smart said, its a good thing steve miller was there to help iout.

13. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

Are you drunk?:D

14. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Elite Member

Steve Miller Band is the shit, no doubt

15. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

hahahhaha i think so. i just looked at that and laughed my ass off. guess my hands are shot after a day of work.