Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

train references

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by NeverSleep, May 19, 2004.

1. NeverSleep

NeverSleep Member

i'm bored... add your own

songs with train references

"midnight train to georgia" -glady knight & the pips
    ~>he's leavin'... on that midnight train to georgia. said he's goin' back to find a simpler place in time...

"folsom prison blues" -johnny cash
    ~>i hear the train a comin', it's rollin down the bend. and i aint seen the sunshine since i dont know when, i'm stuck in folsom prison and time keeps dragging on, but that train keeps on rollin' on down the san antone...

"the locomotion" -little eva
    "come on, come on, do the locomotion with me. you gotta swing your hips now, come on baby, jump up, jump back. well i think you got the knack, whoa, whoa. now that you can do it, lets make a chain now. a chugga chugga motion like a railroad train now...

"c'mon n' ride it (the train)" -quad city dj's
    ~>Way deep down south, well we play this game. it's them Quad City DJs and you, we call it the train, so if you wanna ride your thing, just come on down the train..

"run away train" -soul asylum
    ~>run away train never going back.. wrong way on a one way track. seems like i should be getting somewhere, somehow i'm neither here nor there...

"twice the first time" -saul williams
    ~>riding in a freight train, in the freezing rain listening to coltrane, my reality went insane...

"abusing of the rib" -atmosphere
    ~>i wanna ride a train up my lovers arm. stop off at the brain to hop out and find out what's going on. cut thru trees and ride thru rocks and synchronize the universal sundial to my watch. i've seen a lot, but not quite as much as her. to top it off the memory and the imagination blur, but i know she's been put thru hell, i can feel it. and i know she's touched heaven as well, tryin' to steal it. but it came on and it taught her a song and strung her along, and it caught her when the guard was gone. now to the break of dawn, she's trying to feel that fix and all her family and friends is trying to seal them lips. but i ain't dumb i can hear that train come from miles away.. setting up obstacles to stop its arrival. i want to blow up that iron and wood road, from what i understood those be the orifice of its survival. my recital, another tantrum, cuz she's highly excitable, swinging moods at random. no happy endings, always off to a bad start. addictive, voyeuristic to the track marks...

"downtown train" -mary chapin carpenter
    ~>will i see you tonight on a downtown train? where every night is just the same; you leave me lonely now...

"clark gable" -the postal service
    ~>i was waiting for a cross-town train in the london underground when it struck me that i've been waiting since birth to find a love that would look and sound like a movie...

"third engine" -saves the day
    ~>the sky grows bigger every day. and the other week i hopped on a train, cutting thru state lines to come to you as the crow flies... sometimes the train can't go as fast as i want it to...

"the love train" s club 7
    ~>riding on a love train, making my way back to you baby. riding on a love train, cruising my way back to my baby's arms. riding on a love train...

"its a mans world" -james brown
    ~>man made the car to take us over the road. man made the train to carry the heavy load...

2. Kirby p

Kirby p Senior Member

"downtown train" -mary chapin carpenter
    ~>will i see you tonight on a downtown train? where every night is just the same; you leave me lonely now...

rod fucking stewart.

3. nelACKson

nelACKson Elite Member

"down there by the train" -johnny cash
    "theres a place i know, where the train goes slow, and the sinner can be washed in the blood of a lamb"

? -michael hurley
    "travelin over land like a natural born man. just a hobo, easy come easy go dont you see dont you know?...im gonna catch a freight train about midnight, morning sun wont find me anywhere in sight, remember that i love you, was my lovin alright?"

"a railroad man will kill you if he can, drink your blood just like wine" -ramblin jack elliott (i think)

4. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

"Casey Jones" - The Grateful Dead
    "Ridin' that train, high on cocaine / Casey Jones you better watch your speed. / Trouble ahead, trouble behind, / And you know that notion just crossed my mind."

5. krowteN

krowteN Member

Michigan & Smiley, Rub A Dub Style

me seh engine engine number nine
    goin on chicago line, the gal carolyne seh she live cross de line...

i think metalica (or some other 80's metal band) had a song called crazy train but i dont know the words.

6. lepthebeard

lepthebeard Elite Member

...stoned...
    ...last train to skaville, many a john cash tune, midnight train to georgia, pretty impressive list up there...eh

7. NeverSleep

NeverSleep Member

"lucy in the sky with diamonds" -the beatles
    ~>picture yourself on a train in a station with plastecine porters with looking glass ties. suddenly someone is there at the turnstile, the girl with kaleidescope eyes. lucy in the sky with diamonds...

"last train to clarksville" -the monkees
    ~>take the last train to clarksville and I'll meet you at the station. you can be here by 4:30, cos i've made your reservation. don't be slow. oh, no no no. oh, no no no . cos I'm leaving in the morning, and I must see you again. we'll have one more night together, til the morning brings my train and I must go. oh, no no no. oh, no no no. and I don't know if i'm ever coming home...

8. war pigs

war pigs Dirty Dozen Crew

diamond d -
    "now i'm not the one to be gamed on...i didn't know it was your girl we ran a train on..." :D

9. krowteN

krowteN Member

im surprised noone said this:

"enging engine number nine on the new york transit line
    if my train goes off the track, pick it up, pick it up, pick it up,
    BACK...."

Black Sheep
    The choice is yours.

10. 2ten

2ten Member

Slug and Spawn(atmosphere_
    Multiples-
    "this goes to those that keep the freight trains lit up, and this goes to those that roam the night just to get up"

11. afterten

afterten Member

Re: Re: train references

crazy train - Ozzy Osbourne
    "and I'm going off of the rails on a crazy train"

12. NeverSleep

NeverSleep Member

"the letter" -joe cocker
    ~>give me a ticket for an aeroplane. ain't got time to take a fast train. lonely days are gone, i'm a going home, my baby just wrote me a letter...

"the highest commitment" -qwel
    ~>we used to do it on the train, in front of other people, she never seemed to care where we were going, cuz sweet love was in the air...

13. nelACKson

nelACKson Elite Member

"if my train should jump the track, stick it back in and encourage me to ejaculate"

-smyrna skim.

"i kiss you on the brain in the shadow of the train" -moldy peaches

14. chrleschapln

chrleschapln Junior Member

TRAIN TRAIN TAKE ME ON OUT OF THE TOWN "BLACKFOOT" there are
    plenty more out there

15. damn vandle

damn vandle Member

here's a few:

-AT THE DRIVE-IN:
    "sacrafice on railroad tracks
    freight train coming