Train questions...

Milton

Heres the plan, I have come to a point in my life where I am 21 years old, (in about 2 weeks) I have no responsibilities, financial or otherwise, and I want to take some time off to travel around. The problem is I don't feel like spending the money for a train ticket, so I'm hoping to either A) sneak on some amtrack shits or B) hop some freights.

If anyone has advice on how to do either of those well, give me a holler...

Thanks a million

Milton

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

good luck sneaking onto amtrak. they're pretty careful about that shit now after 911. you might get lucky once, but you wouldnt make a whole trip that way.

hopping freights?

unless you know what you're doing, its gonna be a nightmare. you'll get stuck in some podunk town, lost, cold and annoyed.

if you're gonna do it, do your research.

I actually had amtrack tickets and managed to make it the whole 24 hour ride without being checked. But I'm hesitant to try it and get kicked off in the middle of nowhere in the snow at 3 in the morning.

I was sort of gettting at where to start doing the research for freights...

Guest imported_Europe
Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

we should just have an "Ask Kabar" section of the forum

Uhm... yeah, "we" should...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by onesecondple

ive always wanted to hop freights, that would be so hott

My dad a few years asked me if I wanted to go train hopping with him a few years back. No reason, he just said he wanted to do it. I was shocked. What's with the fascination people have of hopping trains?

Europe is absolutely correct on this particular issue, although we agree on very little else, apparently.

For freight hopping advice, start by reading my thread on "Hobos, Tramps and Homeless Bums" in the Trainspotting section. If you can wade through all that and are still interested and/or still have questions, email me. Rsaxon50@hotmail.com

I had a hobo in a layup one time tell me he was going to go to Canada to meet up with his brother, but he couldn't cross the border because he had worms. So he was freight hopping. He then said he'd pay me 5 bucks to smoke a bowl with him. I left.

Originally posted by Brandon

I had a hobo in a layup one time tell me he was going to go to Canada to meet up with his brother, but he couldn't cross the border because he had worms. So he was freight hopping. He then said he'd pay me 5 bucks to smoke a bowl with him. I left.

he had worms??? 5 bucks to smoke a bowl with him that is weird

How would they know?

I mean, I crossed the U.S./Canadian border numerous times (on foot, or hitch-hiking) and got questioned by the border cops a couple of times. Other than the time they found out I was carrying IWW Delegate's rigging and $250 worth of union literature, they never really hassled me that much. So how did they find out that Old Boy had worms, anyway?

Yeah, I don't really know why he was afraid of getting checked for worms at the border. Something tells me he wasn't all there in the head. A couple monkeys short of a full barrel if you know what I mean. I was afraid he was going to lunge at me with a knife or something if I got much closer, although most of the homeless population I've met have been some of the nicest people. This guy just seemed a little different.

Originally posted by T.T Boy

haha, thats funny, i never thought about hopping passenger trains at all, but a friend just told me about how he hopped from rome to madrid in 4 days on bullet trains.

i only realised the other day what your user name meant. yes im a little prevert.

Archived