Train Nerds Only: A lot of nice photos, not a lot of graff

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WebsterUno

Hey Im not a train buff, but my city had (it closed down a while back) one of those train stores, and I boosted a CONRAIL fridge magnet, and maroon and grey LIONEL sweater. My question is, what is CONRAILs purpose, I thought it hauled supplies to prison or something. Thats the first time Ive seen their car. Thanx.

"conrail,are thr rails itself.they have headquarters,conrail police,cars,and engines.

they controll the majority of railactivity,here in the north east.

fuck amtrack......they can lick my balls"

thats a big fat load of uneducated bullshit. Conrail (Consolidated Rail Corp.) was created by the government to take over the operations of the bankrupt PennCentral (a old attempt at keeping railservice alive on once great roads, New York Central, and Pennsylvania Railroad) and some other smaller carriers in the north east. That was back in 1976. In 1998 CSX and NS bought out conrail, and have split the assets between them. Conrail still exists in what are known as "shared assets" areas...where the need for an impartial carrier exists (CSX and NS cant be trusted to give each other fair treatment), but aside from that its dead now...

Webster: conrail got hit plenty...they just dont stray to far out west (or up here for that matter), so you may not see them at all. That explanation of conrail was for your benefit...I just noticed ZEMO's post as I was responding...

Guest WebsterUno

Thanx zemo and ese for responding. You guys are quick. Ive had those items for a minute (97-98), and wondered what the fuck CONRAIL was. I assumed it had something to do with jail, so I copped it. That train store closed, you guys would have loved it. IT was like a train SUPERSTORE, I swear. Im looking around for it, I dont know where it went. My last comment was intended for zemo, but after I posted it, I saw your reply too. Thanx for the info. So, next question, anybody have any flickz of some CONRAIL hitz. Lil request, pretty please. Ditto on the BN.

Originally posted by WebsterUno:

Thanx zemo and ese for responding. You guys are quick. Ive had those items for a minute (97-98), and wondered what the fuck CONRAIL was. I assumed it had something to do with jail, so I copped it. That train store closed, you guys would have loved it. IT was like a train SUPERSTORE, I swear. Im looking around for it, I dont know where it went. My last comment was intended for zemo, but after I posted it, I saw your reply too. Thanx for the info. So, next question, anybody have any flickz of some CONRAIL hitz. Lil request, pretty please. Ditto on the BN.

conrail gets crushed. no question.

i went thru my book quickly... maybe not the freshest graff, but on ConRail nevertheless... one more thing worth pointing out about conrail: they painted the engines blue because blue is the chepest pigment you can buy. Even with that they were doomed from the get go...

http://forms.flashbase.com/images/userimages/DanBell157269.image.conrail.gif'>

------------------

http://forms.flashbase.com/images/userimages/DanBell155527.banner.gif'>

Guest WebsterUno

I take it back, Im pretty sure Ive seen a few hitz on conrail (the rust colored ones). I just overlooked the logo. Ive never seen any on the kind from up top, blue-grey? Thanx sucio.

WTF?!? Im bout to reply, and I notice sucios new reply, DAMN that mini is buttah. Did you add the rust effect, or did it come like that?

What do you want for that?

I weather all my rolling stock myself (i mean i painted the rust myself)...

gimme U$7000 and its yours! i'll give Kern $10 and Rime $12 and the rest will cover shipping and handling! haha...

Sorry, man, its part of my "private collection", not for sale or trade. I have TONS more. Every writter that comes to my crib has to do one, but this is the only Conrail i have with graff on it.

[This message has been edited by El Mas Sucio De Todos (edited 06-16-2001).]

Guest xider

it's a small world, indeed. i checked my albums really fast and it turns out i rock most anything except the conrails most of the time... must be a psychological thing...

bump for conrail and there interesting workers...

http://forms.flashbase.com/images/userimages/DanBell157269.image.bb2.gif'>

The reason you hardly ever see BN tankers like this (well, beyond the fact than BN doesnt exist anymore) is that it is no regular tanker. it's actually a fuel tender. meaning they are used to carry extra fuel for the engine, much like coal tenders used to carry extra coal for the fire back in the steam days... you can tell its a fuel tender, since they used to paint them just like the engines (top black, bottom green) and the marking BNFT (Burlington Northren Fuel Tender) ... i'm gonna look to see if i can find a BNSF fuel tender to see how they are painting them nowadays...

------------------

http://forms.flashbase.com/images/userimages/DanBell155527.banner.gif'>

i found this beauty while looking for a BNSF tender (can anyone help me, i cant seem to be able to find a pic of one!)

this is such a classic photo, the old SF and the old BN making a sandwich of the new BNSF...

http://forms.flashbase.com/images/userimages/DanBell157269.image.bnsf725.gif'>

[This message has been edited by El Mas Sucio De Todos (edited 06-15-2001).]

Archived