Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Train Gang

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by Spokack, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Spokack

Spokack Member

Have any of you heard of the guys that ride frieghts around the country and murder bums and other people around the tracks where they are stopped at? Yah anyways..... Just wondering if anybody here had ran into and of these guys?

2. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

when i was really into lore about muderers on the rails and the ftra, the classic "high line" where youre at always came up as being a hot spot for ftra and violent activity. wasnt spokane where they tracked down robert silvera aka sidetrack? i cant remember...that area has been known to harbor a lot of hobo murders and violent crimes, im pretty interested in this topic.

3. eessee

eessee Guest

i've heard about that ... thats freaking crazy...:confused:

4. omone

omone Member

walk softly and carry a big stick

5. SIKFUK

SIKFUK Guest

i met an FTRA cat here where i live, he was cool as fuck, and had the markings and knowledge to back it up. he gave me a great interview, cost me $20, but shit i wasnt gonna argue with him:p ,the FTRA didnt start out like the rep it has now, the ''new breed'' has brought it to that level, adapting the 4 letters as there own, cuz alot of the origional FTRA members have retired, or been low key. also despite whats been rumored,or heard, ''john easley'', is not a serial killer, i know him personally, just dont piss him off, and if your'e in oregon, or washington, and you stumble upon him, give him $5 for beer, and a can of paint if he asks, he likes to catch a tag'' U.S.'' once in awhile, whatever you do, dont say no....hahah:p get your hands on A&E -''murder on the rails'' documentary, it will give you a little insight on some of this activity. beware.

6. HAL

HAL Guest

Moved

3rd Rail to trainspotting

7. KaBar

KaBar Senior Member

FTRA

Founded in Libby, Montana in 1982 by a number of long term tramps, some of whom were allegedly Vietnam veterans. The O.G.'s traditionally rode the Burlington Northern Hi-Line. Spokane was one center of several for FTRA activity, and also the origin of the FTRA's nemesis, Detective Bob Grandinetti, formerly of the Spokane Police Department. Mr. Grandinetti has tried to make something of a career of investigating the FTRA's alleged involvement in a series of murders of tramps and homeless people on the rails. Two alleged members (they now deny it) of FTRA actually confessed to several murders once apprehended.
    The O.G.'s are sometimes called the "Black Bandanas" by the cops, because their colors are a black bandana rolled cowboy style and fastened with a silver concho.
    The Goonie Squad rides the central U.S. on the lines that once constituted the Frisco Line. They wear blue bandanas, rolled cowboy style and fastened with an inexpensive concho. They allegedly are called the Goonie Squad because they often carry a short baton, like a cut-down axe handle, as their primary source of defense, supposedly called a "Goonie stick," or a "goon stick." A more likely source would be the silver mylar bags out of 5-liter boxes of inexpensive wine, called "goonie bags."
    The Wrecking Crew rides the West Coast and the southern lines (the old SP and Santa Fe lines.) They wear red bandanas, rolled cowboy style and fastened with an inexpensive concho. (The name "Wrecking Crew" was borrowed from an old IWW enforcement group that used to dispense frontier justice to jackrollers preying upon harvest workers after the harvest was done and the men were paid off by the farmers and were heading for home with their bankrolls.) The WC are allegedly rather aggressive. Rumor has it that all three groups have a high percentage of ex-convicts. Stories abound of the FTRA being violent, throwing wild booze-and-amphetamine parties in remote locations, robbing cargo, etc. I have met two, possibly more FTRA members. They were pretty decent people, and I had no problems with them. They remind me of 1% bikers. Treat them with respect and they will treat you with respect. Failure to treat them with respect will result in them becoming pretty aggressive and violence prone. Never (and I do mean never) hassle or insult a woman or girl traveling with FTRA or wearing FTRA colors.

http://www.ftra.org/TrampCam/BoxcarBertha.html

This is a pic shot by North Bank Fred of some FTRA people. Look closely--one member is a young woman. This pic can be found on Jak's "unofficial" FTRA web site. The story below the pic is complete nonsense, ignore it. North Bank has a couple of other shots of people that look like FTRA to me on his web site, plus an uninspiring pic of "an old FTRA jungle" which looks like a ratty canyon without much change. If you ever actually meet any FTRA guys, treat them like you would treat a Hells Angel or a Bandido. They aren't that bad ass, but you get the idea.

8. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

thats some fucked up shit

9. L.RonHubbard

L.RonHubbard Guest

10. Paper Street

Paper Street New Jack

once time i had pee wee herman's great adventure and saw the hobo on that train. i hope the ftra has some better singers then that shit face

11. BucketHead

BucketHead Member

oh fuck yeah all them hobos are drinkin the beast. (milwaulkee's best)
    that got me stoked as all hell.

12. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

Your telling me, I cant walk down the street here in Spookaloo without being haggled by bums and hobos...and when they put that rehabilitation clinic downtown near the highschool..haha all hell broke loose...As for a murderer, well I havnt met one of those guys yet...but maybe some day..I did live close to that Yates guy..the one who killed like 20 some prostitutes in the northwest..

13. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

i remember hearing about the FTRA a few years back. i wonder how fast they can run. its good to know how to spot a FTRA though, ill be on the lookout form now on

14. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

we had Robert Yates who murdered all those people all around washington. probably all around the world actually, he was a helicopter pilot for the navy i think, and he flew all over the world. there were murders in germany while he was stationed there, they just dont have enough evidence to link him to those. id bet hes commited much more murders than well ever know. we also had the guy who killed some people and burned their bodies in the incinerater, and the guy who killed his daughter and burried her in the middle of a field. there was the greenriver killer. he kidnapped girls then murdered them and dumped them in a river.he get one girl right next to my high school baseball field. then there was that cowboy killer, i forget his real name. we also have a huge meth problem. and snoop doggy dog said it was easy to get drugs in spokane. spokanes swell actually, im not really scared to walk around the streets at night. im young and invincible, right?

15. Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom Guest

Spokack ain't shit mein!! It's all about E-town batch!! And what??