Train derailment in SC

AvoidsoutH

Yesterday in Graniteville SC, outside of Aiken near the Georgia border, a NS line derailed 16 cars, one of which was a tanker carrying a concentrated chlorine mixture. The engineer died and so did 8 other people who were around the area and exposed to the gas. over 250 were treated in a local hospital. a one mile radius was evacuated and is still not allowed to retun home until the spill is contained. NS made a big public appology and on the local news, dumb southerners were quoted as "wanting to know when dangerous chemicals are coming near their house by train" :haha: that would be near impossible due to the amount of freight traffic in this part of the country. anywhay, if you want to know more, im sure that you can go on google and search for a NS derailment in South Carolina.

for tha fans

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yeah im up in north carolina and i saw this on the national news...

it was caused when unauthorized person, or persons flipped a switch causing the train that was supposed to be on a passing track to turn and run head on into another line that was stopped waiting for clearance...

pretty bad mistake...

did the guy that derailed the shit die?what an idiot..that shit scares me,because ive been walking through my yard and seen younger kids there being drunk,yelling,throwing rocks or whatever,i ran them out once but i havent seen them since,this is a good example why people who dont know safety should stay out of the yard.

Originally posted by AvoidsoutH@Jan 7 2005, 05:31 AM

Yesterday in Graniteville SC, outside of Aiken near the Georgia border, a NS line derailed 16 cars, one of which was a tanker carrying a concentrated chlorine mixture. The engineer died and so did 8 other people who were around the area and exposed to the gas. over 250 were treated in a local hospital. a one mile radius was evacuated and is still not allowed to retun home until the spill is contained. NS made a big public appology and on the local news, dumb southerners were quoted as "wanting to know when dangerous chemicals are coming near their house by train" :haha: that would be near impossible due to the amount of freight traffic in this part of the country. anywhay, if you want to know more, im sure that you can go on google and search for a NS derailment in South Carolina.

for tha fans

yo man ????? why you calling me dumb son????i study science and shit...

Originally posted by fr8UNIT@Jan 11 2005, 07:25 PM

the derailment was actually caused by the crew of the trainthat was parked on the siding. They never switched the switch back to the main line after they parked their train on the siding.

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/US/01/10/train.wreck.ap/

article and pictures

imagine the guilt you would feel, knowing that a mistake you made was the direct cause of 8 people's deaths...goddamn.

Originally posted by nelACKson+Jan 24 2005, 01:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nelACKson - Jan 24 2005, 01:05 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-fr8UNIT@Jan 11 2005, 07:25 PM

the derailment was actually caused by the crew of the trainthat was parked on the siding. They never switched the switch back to the main line after they parked their train on the siding.

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/US/01/10/train.wreck.ap/

article and pictures

imagine the guilt you would feel, knowing that a mistake you made was the direct cause of 8 people's deaths...goddamn.

[/b]

i think the workers died, so there is no guilt in death,,,,

however, there was a follow up article in the ajc and ns is going into town and paying people and taking care of them before huge lawsuits ensue, i think its pretty smart doing what they are doing. still a sad event, but good they are trying to remedy it..